[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
These shyts are gonna be a pain in the ass to get in the fall :mjcry:

SONY DIRECT. GET ON IT ASAP.

That's how I got my portal finally.

But places like bestbuy, target, amazon, you can hang it up due to bots.

I've gotten more luck on Target though, but you better sign up for one of those inventory alert sites/apps to have a chance.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
SONY DIRECT. GET ON IT ASAP.

That's how I got my portal finally.

But places like bestbuy, target, amazon, you can hang it up due to bots.

I've gotten more luck on Target though, but you better sign up for one of those inventory alert sites/apps to have a chance.

Surprisingly i got my day one on amazon when the big pre order panic happened after the showcase.

I’d like to get some trade in value for my original or switch or xbox toward this one though. :patrice:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Surprisingly i got my day one on amazon when the big pre order panic happened after the showcase.

I’d like to get some trade in value for my original or switch or xbox toward this one though. :patrice:
I got lucky on amazon too when the 5 came out. Got one from Amazon, Sony Direct, and Target, but I know that's an outlier (And I had the inventory scan websites and apps always runnin).

Sell your series x on Swappa while you still can.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got lucky on amazon too when the 5 came out. Got one from Amazon, Sony Direct, and Target, but I know that's an outlier (And I had the inventory scan websites and apps always runnin).

Sell your series x on Swappa while you still can.

I just wanna drop this shyt off at gamestop, they can give me 200 dollars for all i care lol, that goes for all 3 of my current consoles

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Apparently this dude got in trouble for leaking spec documentation and Sony sent the lawyers on him :dead:

Youtube link got killed but waybackmachine for the win

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Apparently this dude got in trouble for leaking spec documentation and Sony sent the lawyers on him :dead:

Youtube link got killed but waybackmachine for the win

That just confirms its all accurate, can’t wait to see them unveil this big bytch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, he mentions he gotta protect his source. Wonder who his plug is at Sony Playstation
It also kind of proves tom henderson is pretty much 100% accurate.

He announced over half a dozen sony products in early 2023 and they’ve all pretty much come out already, the pro is the last one to be announced.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It also kind of proves tom henderson is pretty much 100% accurate.

He announced over half a dozen sony products in early 2023 and they’ve all pretty much come out already, the pro is the last one to be announced.
I'd pull a David Stern and find out who's leaking shyt the way he caught Joe Dumars. :pachaha:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wanna drop this shyt off at gamestop, they can give me 200 dollars for all i care lol, that goes for all 3 of my current consoles

My original PS5 is probably getting this treatment as soon as I confirm a preorder for a Pro. :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Can reach a maximum of 36TF but in typical play will likely remain around 33.5TF
Recent details we've seen - a part of Sony's recent developer disclosures - seem to tidy up the discrepancies to a certain degree. The standard PS5 features 18 WGP over two shader engines/four shader arrays in a 5-4-5-4 configuration, while the Pro does indeed feature 30 active WGPs over two shader engines/four shader arrays in an 8-7-8-7 set-up. Both consoles, therefore, feature four deactivated CUs - and this is confirmation of 60 CUs in the new machine.

This means that the stated 33.5TF does indeed suggest a slightly lower clock-speed for the GPU in the region of 2.18GHz - which may be the case in general operation, but the new information also reveals that the PlayStation 5 Pro can boost higher than its standard counterpart, to a maximum of 2.35GHz (a theoretical maximum of 36.1TF). However, similar to the original PS5, system performance is limited by a power ceiling, so it's rather rare for the GPU to hit that maximum and only certain games will boost that high. Bearing in mind the surfeit of compute power for standard PlayStation 5 games, we must assume that the slight reduction in general clock speed (just under three percent) likely makes no difference, while the 'ultra boost' mode should instead deliver much more graphics throughput for existing titles.

Increased L0 cache for Ray Tracing
The cache structure of the new GPU changes in some areas. The 4MB of L2 cache per WGP remains the same, while L1 doubles from 128KB to 256KB to accommodate the larger numbers of compute units per shader engine. L0 cache also improves from 16KB to 32KB, which Sony says is to accommodate higher ray tracing performance.

Mesh Shaders and VRS from RDNA2 added to PS5 Pro, in the video Alex also suggests that when paired with an AI upscaler like DLSS and hopefully PSSR, VRS would turn out a better result than it has done in games like Dead Space Remake
Elsewhere, the PlayStation 5 Pro's GPU evolves to include DirectX12 Ultimate features that were omitted from the original console - so, hardware support for variable rate shading is included, along with extra features for hybrid MSAA. The primitive shader features found in RDNA 1 and the vanilla PS5 are augmented with full support for mesh shaders, which should hopefully see more widespread adoption of a very useful feature. Sony points out how the stricter requirements of this feature up against PC APIs are no longer an issue.

rdj

Pro
Daps

Can reach a maximum of 36TF but in typical play will likely remain around 33.5TF

Increased L0 cache for Ray Tracing

Mesh Shaders and VRS from RDNA2 added to PS5 Pro, in the video Alex also suggests that when paired with an AI upscaler like DLSS and hopefully PSSR, VRS would turn out a better result than it has done in games like Dead Space Remake

"Mesh Shaders and VRS from RDNA2 added to PS5 Pro" Aren't those the "tools" that xbox people have been waiting four years to finally be utilized on the series x? :dead: