[Tom Henderson] PS5 Pro specs and release window details (codenamed Trinity, 30WGPs, 18000mts memory speed, November 2024 target)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Consoles are for casuals, there's no other way to argue it's not. There's nothing wrong with that, I've been on consoles since Super Nintendo.

Been on since Atari 2600. :yeshrug:

Consoles are def more "casual" as PC is more hardcore but the hardcore games on PC (At least the most popular) aren't some super intensive games as far as requirements.

Hell Mobile is by far the most popular platform nowadays.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Would you say it's for hardcore gamers?

I’d say how much time you spend actually playing games is what decides it, not just spending money. It’s like a nikka that buys a Ferrari and drives it twice a year calling himself a racing/auto enthusiast vs the guy that’s actually at the track with slicks on his Subaru

Are you buying an expensive pc to actually game on it or are you just benchmarking and fiddling around with it 🤔

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Been on since Atari 2600. :yeshrug:

Consoles are def more "casual" as PC is more hardcore but the hardcore games on PC (At least the most popular) aren't some super intensive games as far as requirements.

Hell Mobile is by far the most popular platform nowadays.
I’d say how much time you spend actually playing games is what decides it, not just spending money. It’s like a nikka that buys a Ferrari and drives it twice a year calling himself a racing/auto enthusiast vs the guy that’s actually at the track with slicks on his Subaru

No, I didn't take budget into account of whether it's hardcore or not.

I think it's more than just the games that make PC hardcore. You really have to know what you're doing with building a PC or you have to know what you're looking at when buying a PC. Knowing all the specs. And then you're messing with settings to get the most optimization.

Problem is the differences in quality are not worth the gap in price for most.

I've never had a gaming PC, so I couldn't tell you that. And watching Youtube videos doesn't tell the full story.

But I think it's a safe bet to say a 4090 drags a PS5 in graphics and frame rates with ease.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
think it's more than just the games that make PC hardcore. You really have to know what you're doing with building a PC or you have to know what you're looking at when buying a PC. Knowing all the specs. And then you're messing with settings to get the most optimization.

So you’re a pc enthusiast not a gaming enthusiast, none of that has anything to do with actually playing games. Its about building and benchmarking computers

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But I think it's a safe bet to say a 4090 looks and runs way better than a PS5.

A 2500 dollar graphics card should run and look way better than a 500 dollar total console. You gonna end up spending at least 3300 minimum for a fully fleshed out PC as well with a 4090. 95% of people are not @Ciggavelli and @itsyoung!! and don't see the differences worth over 3000 between them.

Veteran
Daps
So you’re a pc enthusiast not a gaming enthusiast, none of that has anything to do with actually playing games, its about building and benchmarking computers

We're defining casual and hardcore. There's several things you have to take into account. Games, Cost, Hardware, & software.

By definition ease of access and budget friendly makes something casual. Consoles and mobile games are just that, easy and accessible.

Again, there's nothing wrong with being casual, but you really can't argue that PS5 is for hardcore gaming. What examples would you go by?

A 2500 dollar graphics card should run and look way better than a 500 dollar total console. You gonna end up spending at least 3300 minimum for a fully fleshed out PC as well with a 4090. 95% of people are not @Ciggavelli and @itsyoung!! and don't see the differences worth over 3000 between them.

You don't think the untrained eye will see the difference between a $2500 graphics card and $400 console?

Have you seen or played a 4090 in person?:jbhmm: I haven't, so I can't agree or disagree with you.

Veteran
Daps
I'm saying the differences aren't worth it to the vast majority. And the majority of PC gamers are not running with the top cards like that.

Yeah Console gamers are typically very cheap but be wanting the best graphics. :russ:

I plan on getting the PS5 Pro, but I'm not hyping it up to be some major upgrade powerhouse.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah Console gamers are typically very cheap but be wanting the best graphics. :russ:

I plan on getting the PS5 Pro, but I'm not hyping it up to be some major upgrade powerhouse.

Yeah, it'll be a better looking/running PS5 and not some 4090 equivalent. Those that want the PS5Pro are happy with that. But the majority is cool with the regular PS5. No different than IPhone 15s and 15 Pro Max's. :yeshrug: