To understand why some Black men support Trump, start with Ice Cube (Opinion Piece)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
A 14 to 17% increase is probably not significant, especially if you're basing it off polls which aren't 100% accurate and likely have some margin for error.
People need to stop using this election to attack black men.

Black Trump voters are a nonfactor, it is the Black nonvoters in swing states that are more of a concern. 2016 was the first time in decades that black voter turnout dropped. Write an opinion piece on how to get these voters engaged again.
Based on my experiences, these voters weren't every really active voters in the first place.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless I missed it elsewhere, but his response to the initial story was, well at least they met with me and didn't tell me to wait until after the election.

But then he struggled to explain what part of the platinum plan he was touted as endorsing was he a part of helping craft?

Cool, you don't like the Democratic party. He might not either. That's fine. But why are we talking about that when we should be discussing what, if anything, did his meeting accomplish with the Trump administration?

Maybe ask the Trump administration to provide those details?

Ask them to expand on their two page proposal?

Why they aren't doing anything to implement their proposals right now while they have control of the White House and Senate.

It all comes across as dishonest. :yeshrug:

Why not ask the Democratic party which gets 90% of of the black vote why they brushed him off? The way yall come to the defense of an old ass white man and a party that has ignored black people is unbelievable.

The subservience y'all show to this man and party is just disgusting. :scust:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is anyone against this article?

Cube is probably pushing 60 years old and suddenly decided to show favortism to a certian candidate, weeks before the "biggest" election - possibly ever.

He decided to "tap dance" and step his foot into politics - so he deserves all the backlash that he's getting and more.

After all - this is what politics is about....He should be lucky they are solely attacking his political ignorance and not his "gangsta rap" past.

Cube sat and watched Trump go from a TV personality to President and was possibly thinking "Hey, Im smarter than him - I can do that, politics must be easy"

"Leave grandpappy Biden alone. He is good white folk. Why are you making all these demands for your community? Don't you realize it's not the right time"

"Sit your black ass down, vote for Biden and Massa Biden will talk to you when he is ready."

No wonder the community is in the shape it is now. Coward ass nikkas. :scust:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Regardless, if you want Trump out of office, you want these people to vote.
Some people are content just not voting. Nothing you could offer them is going to get them to the polls.

If the 30+ candidates who ran for president this year or the countless local politicians who have ran don't move them then you have to accept that they just aren't voters.

There's always a contingent of non voters and there always will be.

I'll have to look at these studies again in more detail when I have a chance, but are they tabbing out registered and likely voters?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Why not ask the Democratic party which gets 90% of of the black vote why they brushed him off? The way yall come to the defense of an old ass white man and a party that has ignored black people is unbelievable.

The subservience y'all show to this man and party is just disgusting. :scust:

You're not actually making the point you think.

They told him they'd meet with him based on his own words?

He's free to speak on the engagement, who he spoke with, and how it went down.

But we'll be glad to meet with you after the election is a perfectly reasonable position for a politician who currently isn't in office. :ld:

You're speaking like the Biden Campaign doesn't already have a moderately fleshed out set of proposals for black Americans with actual figures. :francis:

Either way, the black immigrant experience is different than the traditional black American experience. It's okay if you don't understand the disdain for Conservatives. It likely didn't affect your family. :bryan:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Some people are content just not voting. Nothing you could offer them is going to get them to the polls.

If the 30+ candidates who ran for president this year or the countless local politicians who have ran don't move them then you have to accept that they just aren't voters.

There's always a contingent of non voters and there always will be.

I'll have to look at these studies again in more detail when I have a chance, but are they tabbing out registered and likely voters?

Some of these people are voters. The black voter turnout rate dropped in 2016. (Obviously Obama being black helped)
You're right some people are content not voting, but that doesn't mean everyone who didn't vote in 2016 or 2020 falls under that umbrella. There's nothing wrong with trying to get more black people to the polls.

Also the bolded doesn't really make sense to me . Supporting a presidential candidate in the primaries doesn't mean that you are a voter. I'm sure there are Sanders/Warren/whoever supporters that will not vote despite being moved by a candidate in the primaries. There are also people who are moved enough to vote in local races, but will not vote in the presidential election.

xuH6QWS.png

Black voter turnout fell in 2016 US election

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But we'll be glad to meet with you after the election is a perfectly reasonable position for a politician who currently isn't in office. :ld:

You're speaking like the Biden Campaign doesn't already have a moderately fleshed out set of proposals for black Americans with actual figures. :francis:

Either way, the black immigrant experience is different than the traditional black American experience. It's okay if you don't understand the disdain for Conservatives. It likely didn't affect your family. :bryan:

Weren't you passionately against Bernie Sanders? You are okay with elements of conservatism(anti-universal healthcare for example) as long as it is Democratic party approved.

You're a dogmatic thinker.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
literally no other group stands to lose as much as black folks should the GOP remain in power.
Humor me for a minute. Considering how little blacks have relative to other groups, how are we in a position to lose the most?

And as a result, it's perfectly reasonable to shop your vote elsewhere if someone can't even tell you what he'll do for you in return for your support :ld:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Humor me for a minute. Considering how little blacks have relative to other groups, how are we in a position to lose the most?

And as a result, it's perfectly reasonable to shop your vote elsewhere if someone can't even tell you what he'll do for you in return for your support :ld:

they're actively trying to get rid of affirmative action and they're weakening it successfully.

our voting rights are also under attack.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Exactly.

The GOP is literally the modern incarnation of the confederacy. Associating with them, however you rationalize it, is just not going to be viewed positively by most black folks. :yeshrug:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
"Leave grandpappy Biden alone. He is good white folk. Why are you making all these demands for your community? Don't you realize it's not the right time"

"Sit your black ass down, vote for Biden and Massa Biden will talk to you when he is ready."

No wonder the community is in the shape it is now. Coward ass nikkas. :scust:

Pigeon holed logic and small minded response.

Read what I wrote again - I never endorced Trump or Biden in my post.

My premise was "Why is everyone upset - this is what politics is all about"

Nice attempt to dap fish - but sadly to inform you, both are two older white men with a questionable current and past in regards to race relations so that "lemme protect massa" messaging falls flat
:hhh:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
why should black people dikk ride either political party?
its a bit scary how much our identity is wrapped in the Democratic party.

Thats not healthy at all.

Black folks come up is not going to come from politics.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
why should black people dikk ride either political party?
its a bit scary how much our identity is wrapped in the Democratic party.

Thats not healthy at all.

Black folks come up is not going to come from politics.
Do you think Brown v Education had no impact on blacks? What about the ability to vote?

What is your solution outside of playing the lottery?