To understand why some Black men support Trump, start with Ice Cube (Opinion Piece)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Further, most of the policy people are asking for is to offset much of what have been done to blacks over hundreds of years.

Pardon me for not trying to listen to someone explain why we should be Kowtowing to racists when they do not have the same shared experiences of those seeking redress and it becomes obvious in their positions.

Daps
Black Americans with a history rooted in slavery and Jim crow have a different American experience than Nigerians whose family came here after the Civil rights movement.

Those experiences are deeply involved in the culture and politics of African Americans.

No one who is to be taken serious should suggest otherwise.

Don't juelz and try and sanitize your initial verbiage to justify you literally telling another black man that they aren't black enough to speak on how to combat white supremacy and improve black lives. You can distinguish the cultural experience of African-Americans native to this country WITHOUT dismissing or minimizing the experiences and challenges of BLACK people in this country native to other areas of the world.

Sounding like MAGA in blackface ain't a good look.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Don't juelz and try and sanitize your initial verbiage to justify you literally telling another black man that they aren't black enough to speak on how to combat white supremacy and improve black lives. You can distinguish the cultural experience of African-Americans native to this country WITHOUT dismissing or minimizing the experiences and challenges of BLACK people in this country native to other areas of the world.

Sounding like MAGA in blackface ain't a good look.
Sorry breh, but the redress being talked about here is very much specific to the cultural black American experience.

And it's directly in response to my initial statement with regard to why plenty of black people are shytting on ice cube and it has nothing to do with democrat or Republicans.

Did you not fukking read it? Do I need to quote myself or can I count on you to scroll back to where the conversation began where I brought up the experience of Black Americans who share cropped, grew up during segregation, and where active participants in the Civil rights movements and that shared experience is what has shaped much of the criticism towards ice cube running to racists thinking they were taking him seriously.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Anyway, I think a lot of contempt coming from the Cube situation is an extension of the emotional proximity many black Americans have experienced with racism.

My parents and grand parents share cropped, they lived through segregation, saw the beginning of integration and were direct active participants within the Civil rights movement.

As such the sentiment has always been, don't sacrifice your dignity trying to curry favor with racists. It almost never works out and almost always sets you back.

Either way, the black immigrant experience is different than the traditional black American experience. It's okay if you don't understand the disdain for Conservatives. It likely didn't affect your family.

@New Jeruzalem Journalist :umad: