To understand why some Black men support Trump, start with Ice Cube (Opinion Piece)

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It makes complete sense, it's just depressing that someone as influential as Cube is thinking like this. And encouraging others to do the same.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
How do you know that so many white women voted for Trump....?

It's because of prior think pieces and conversations, no?
American women voted overwhelmingly for Clinton, except the white ones
White women supported Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton - The Boston Globe
The women who helped Donald Trump win
Clinton Couldn’t Win Over White Women
White Women Have Supported Republicans for Years

I think that the reason why black men are getting so much flak right now is not because they have a large % of Trump supporters, but because they are one of the few demographics seeing an increase in Trump support after 2016. Compared to their 2020 %s, even white women are less likely to vote from Trump compared to 2016. Couple that with the % of black men voting being among the WOAT in terms of demographics and it is something that deserves further attention.

It seems like a double edged sword. Some black men complain about their vote being taken for granted, and then when people analyze their voting patterns or their likelihood to not vote, they talk about being attacked or feeling persecuted
like i said in my other post, i started to write a big dissertation about this, but then when i saw @Smoking With Cigarettes' post i decided not to... mainly because his post focused my viewpoint on this... in every group there is someone in that group who goes against the grain... that's normal...

now, if you're asking why there is an increase in black men supporting trump in 2020 over support in 2016, that's a different question.... i have to think on that one...
:patrice:

btw, of course i want the black male vote courted.... my post wasn't intended to say i don't....

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
The amount of black men that support Trump is so small it's not even worth caring about.

And the amount of black women that supports Trump is even smaller.

These I think pieces really need to give all the smoke to all the white women that voted for Trump at 53% they're the one that gave him the election and they're the ones that are going to give him this election.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
fukk trump and all but if you think you have a good plan and the sitting president is willing to at least humor you then wouldn’t you meet with them?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk trump and all but if you think you have a good plan and the sitting president is willing to at least humor you then wouldn’t you meet with them?

The Democratic Party and their supporters feel entitled to 100% if the black vote. So you can’t even meet with The sitting administration without them unleashing all their minions in the media to attack you.

I can’t wait till Trump is out so I can be done with this party.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The Democratic Party and their supporters feel entitled to 100% if the black vote. So you can’t even meet with The sitting administration without them unleashing all their minions in the media to attack you.

I can’t wait till Trump is out so I can be done with this party.
Nah. We're just laughing at Cube thinking being used at pawn as some sort of a victory?

You're an immigrant right?

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The black men who support Trump are the ones who always tended to support Republicans :yeshrug: they've always been around but it's a small minority, not really worth discussing

Generally yes, but not if the sitting president is Trump.

He's spent the last four years encouraging white supremacists, the idea that he would do something beneficial for black people is laughable.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole article she never says why Cube or that minority of black men may have been drawn to Trump...Right when she was going to in the article, she pivoted into some weird butter biscuit validation exercise on behalf of the black women voting block?????

That is some disgusting shilling

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They may have come across different than I alluded, but I wasn't sure based on our past discussions.

Anyway, I think a lot of contempt coming from the Cube situation is an extension of the emotional proximity many black Americans have experienced with racism.

My parents and grand parents share cropped, they lived through segregation, saw the beginning of integration and were direct active participants within the Civil rights movement.

As such the sentiment has always been, don't sacrifice your dignity trying to curry favor with racists. It almost never works out and almost always sets you back.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They may have come across different than I alluded, but I wasn't sure based on our past discussions.

Anyway, I think a lot of contempt coming from the Cube situation is an extension of the emotional proximity many black Americans have experienced with racism.

My parents and grand parents share cropped, they lived through segregation, saw the beginning of integration and were direct active participants within the Civil rights movement.

As such the sentiment has always been, don't sacrifice your dignity trying to curry favor with racists. It almost never works out and almost always sets you back.

Its not like Cube is Kanye West, sucking Trump off in the White House. Dude just applying a little pressure for the Dems to do more.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Why is no one bringing up the effects of Incarceration?

1. There's probably some black men who feel some type of way about supporting Biden given his prior statements and actions regarding the crime bill.
  2. Some of the black men that could have voted democrat might legit be incarcerated, leaving more wealthy ones that may be more likely to vote Republican.
People are trying to make this a "black men are no different than white men" thing, and that may be a factor for some, but the fact that people are making as if that's all is troubling.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Why is no one bringing up the effects of Incarceration?

1. There's probably some black men who feel some type of way about supporting Biden given his prior statements and actions regarding the crime bill.
  2. Some of the black men that could have voted democrat might legit be incarcerated, leaving more wealthy ones that may be more likely to vote Republican.
People are trying to make this a "black men are no different than white men" thing, and that may be a factor for some, but the fact that people are making as if that's all is troubling.
How does a black man supporting Trump, Mr. Law and Order acquiesce them of their concerns about incarceration?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
How does a black man supporting Trump, Mr. Law and Order acquiesce them of their concerns about incarceration?

It doesn't, but the black men who vote for trump have a bigger voice since the ones would normally vote Democrat are probably disillusioned.