To understand why some Black men support Trump, start with Ice Cube (Opinion Piece)

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Its not like Cube is Kanye West, sucking Trump off in the White House. Dude just applying a little pressure for the Dems to do more.
Unless I missed it elsewhere, but his response to the initial story was, well at least they met with me and didn't tell me to wait until after the election.

But then he struggled to explain what part of the platinum plan he was touted as endorsing was he a part of helping craft?

Cool, you don't like the Democratic party. He might not either. That's fine. But why are we talking about that when we should be discussing what, if anything, did his meeting accomplish with the Trump administration?

Maybe ask the Trump administration to provide those details?

Ask them to expand on their two page proposal?

Why they aren't doing anything to implement their proposals right now while they have control of the White House and Senate.

It all comes across as dishonest. :yeshrug:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Another hit piece...:beli: cube himself said he wasn't affiliated with trump. He said both parties came to him the Dems tried to play him saying we'll talk after the election, the rethugs was like can we see what you thing about. He said this on the roland martin interview... :what: /thread
Trump played him. :russ:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Unless I missed it elsewhere, but his response to the initial story was, well at least they met with me and didn't tell me to wait until after the election.

But then he struggled to explain what part of the platinum plan he was touted as endorsing was he a part of helping craft?

Cool, you don't like the Democratic party. He might not either. That's fine. But why are we talking about that when we should be discussing what, if anything, did his meeting accomplish with the Trump administration?

Maybe ask the Trump administration to provide those details?

Ask them to expand on their two page proposal?

Why they aren't doing anything to implement their proposals right now while they have control of the White House and Senate.

It all comes across as dishonest. :yeshrug:

Suddenly associating with the Trump administration a couple weeks before a contentious election was automatically going to be viewed by people as sus. :manny:

It was just a bad move on Cube's part. I understand what he was going for but it was the wrong place and time.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Trump played him. :russ:

That's the only reason im disappointed in cube because he knows better he should have learned from Steve harvey and kanye. Trump is an opportunist and doesn't give af about black people or our issues everything to that man is a fukking photo op frfr...:snoop:

I give him and A- for trying he's putting himself on the line in a big way for black folks its heroic...:salute:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Suddenly associating with the Trump administration a couple weeks before a contentious election was automatically going to be viewed by people as sus. :manny:

It was just a bad move on Cube's part. I understand what he was going for but it was the wrong place and time.
And now people aren't talking about his plans. Just how he's moving. You hate to see it.

Gains

Superstar
Daps

Cube might want a tax break :hubie:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
This is literally the premise of the article. :francis:
The article doesn't bring up how the incarceration of black men has lead to those conservative voices being amplified and louder than they should be

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
A 14 to 17% increase is probably not significant, especially if you're basing it off polls which aren't 100% accurate and likely have some margin for error.
People need to stop using this election to attack black men.

Black Trump voters are a nonfactor, it is the Black nonvoters in swing states that are more of a concern. 2016 was the first time in decades that black voter turnout dropped. Write an opinion piece on how to get these voters engaged again.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It makes complete sense, it's just depressing that someone as influential as Cube is thinking like this. And encouraging others to do the same.

I don’t think Cube is influential as you think he is. People siding with Cube have been a very small minority of people that were ignorant to start with

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
How is anyone against this article?

Cube is probably pushing 60 years old and suddenly decided to show favortism to a certian candidate, weeks before the "biggest" election - possibly ever.

He decided to "tap dance" and step his foot into politics - so he deserves all the backlash that he's getting and more.

After all - this is what politics is about....He should be lucky they are solely attacking his political ignorance and not his "gangsta rap" past.

Cube sat and watched Trump go from a TV personality to President and was possibly thinking "Hey, Im smarter than him - I can do that, politics must be easy"

Last edited: