To all the girls I've loved before, Love Life Season 2 (HBO max) October 28

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I wish there were more interracial relationships though the show went farther than any other show as far as I was concerned. I believe he ended up with the right one in the end. I believe the second half they just wanted to enjoy the world and I get that, but that is not what I was in it for. Still a solid step in the right direction.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I came in to say this:
If anybody wanted to know how the none ghetto/hood lifestyle is for somebody who lives in nyc, this is it. Both seasons displayed how the average person here lives.

Season 1 you had all those cacs shacked up together like kids not giving a care in the world. The asian chick especially embodies the care-free, bar hopping attitude some of the people who live here act like. The “railroad” apartment the asian guy lived in the first season… That shyt wasnt for tv.. thats more than real. Its part of the reason nyc rent is so high because these kind of people dont mind living like that. Notice how Marcus, his sister, Mia, the cast from season 1 all have no car even though most of them made decent money. This show did a great job of capturing nyc.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I wish there were more interracial relationships though the show went farther than any other show as far as I was concerned. I believe he ended up with the right one in the end. I believe the second half they just wanted to enjoy the world and I get that, but that is not what I was in it for. Still a solid step in the right direction.

:jbhmm: More interracial relationships?

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m glad @perfectblack999 put me onto this show. It’s dope. Great writing and great display of dynamic black characters.

It’s shytting on Insecure btw

(I never even bothered to watch season 1 btw. :mjlol:)

Its clear that authentically black people had a heavy hand. It’s close to every middle class black breh’s dating story if you’re semi in the streets.

I was dying at them questioning my man’s blackness at every turn though :russ:

my wife made the observation that Mia validated his blackness, and that was what initially made her feel special to him.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m glad @perfectblack999 put me onto this show. It’s dope. Great writing and great display of dynamic black characters.

Season 1 starts off like some Sex and the City-hybrid, but eventually finds its footing to branch out. The later episodes actually have some real depth and touch on the dark sides of relationships just like this recent season. It was pretty dope.

Hope they keep this going.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its clear that authentically black people had a heavy hand. It’s close to every middle class black breh’s dating story if you’re semi in the streets.

I was dying at them questioning my man’s blackness at every turn though :russ:

my wife made the observation that Mia validated his blackness, and that was what initially made her feel special to him.
Nah. Maybe those who had real lusts for white women I suppose.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah I hate to pit two Black shows against each other but this show really reminded me of how badly Insecure fell off. The writing on this felt way more natural and less forced

Daps
This bytch.....just finished episode 7 :francis::stopitslime:

This dude Yogi is a fukking fool brehs "these little bottles is like a fifth after school when you watching beetleborgs"

:dead:

"Amish r&b.....This shyt sound like somebody about to milk a bull or something"

:deadmanny:

"Who the hell picks up two black men in a Ford Bronco"

:deadrose:

:deadmanny::deadmanny: That dude was the funniest supporting character I’ve seen on tv in some time (arguably since Mo from Smart Guy)

stole every scene he was in