Veteran
Daps
Just finished up the season and was happy how everything turned out :obama:

Some more thoughts

Kimberly Elise still looking good as Mia's mom :ehh:

Marcus' ex writing that play about him :mjlol:, little as boy :lolbron:

Marcus' sister stayed pulling fine women :whew:

Him quitting publishing and writing a book :ehh:

Definitely some of the best chemistry I've seen on TV in a while.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:salute:to the crew for giving Janet Hubert a nice role after Hollywood did her dirty.

This was an enjoyable watch from start to finish. Was kinda worried about the last stretch of episodes, but it managed to tie up its loose ends in an effective (and believable) way. I dug how the show had no problem expounding on Marcus’ flaws and he still came off as super relatable. I never found myself not liking his character like I have with other leads in similar shows.

Pandemic tie-in didn’t feel forced at all and was dead-on accurate. Something poignant about seeing a character tackle the trials and tribulations more-so than the instant love at first sight approach. Life is weird, everybody’s mind works in different ways, and sometimes you have to take a step back and evaluate before figuring out whether that person is the one.

I was :lupe: when Mia drifted away from the scene when Marcus was being interviewed. Early season him would’ve fukked that all the way up. Loved how he took note of what Yogi said about him being self-centered and finally put his woman first. :to:

Wonder if that crying girl Marcus saw outside of the restaurant earlier in the season will have her story told at some point.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-got dayum Kimberly Elise is thicc as kindergarten pencil
- My son Marcus deserve better
-forgot how slightly annoying the white girl is
- what's the name of that restaurant where they always eat
-filthy. For a damn Newport?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
They both hot. Just the sort of black woman I adore. Cultured, open minded and keep themselves looking good.

But for me JW takes it something about that look on her face and her eyes plus the tallness and the titties.
jessica Williams Cynda Williams in her prime

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished it. Man, I loved this show. Was like a mix of early season Insecure and Master of None. Flawed but realistic and relatable characters.

Marcus saying f^%& you to his boss and quitting his job was one of the most cathartic moments I've ever seen in a TV show. Just perfectly summed up a lot of the frustrations Black folks felt last summer when all the companies were going "woke."

"Little Ass Boy" had me :mjlol:

I liked that the ending episode wasn't filled with conflict and drama. It showed how much Marcus and Mia had grown and matured throughout the show with the way they handled the small conflicts. And even though they had the happy ending it definitely felt earned.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This bytch.....just finished episode 7 :francis::stopitslime:

This dude Yogi is a fukking fool brehs "these little bottles is like a fifth after school when you watching beetleborgs"

:dead:

"Amish r&b.....This shyt sound like somebody about to milk a bull or something"

:deadmanny:

"Who the hell picks up two black men in a Ford Bronco"

:deadrose:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Mia is the girl Wale wrote "Bad" for.

Last edited: