To all the girls I've loved before, Love Life Season 2 (HBO max) October 28

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
My Ex told me I should go back and watch season 1. She admits season 2 is better but highly recommended me to go back to season 1 for context.
It’s not bad at all. It just suffers from a bit of an identity crisis in the first few episodes, but that happens with majority of shows.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Finished the season, great show and the finale felt right :ehh:

I enjoyed the first season, but the season was obviously far more relatable :ehh:

I hope we get a season 3

I bet next season is focused on a gay/lesbian person or an Asian person :yeshrug:

Daps
Its clear that authentically black people had a heavy hand. It’s close to every middle class black breh’s dating story if you’re semi in the streets.

I was dying at them questioning my man’s blackness at every turn though :russ:

my wife made the observation that Mia validated his blackness, and that was what initially made her feel special to him.

What do you mean by "in the streets?" I highly doubt that to be the majority experience. If you pine for white bytches and whine about crackers not accepting you then probably. Otherwise, it is no

Daps
The lead guy and girl are great, and they carry the show. That is why I am into it. There are some cringeworthy aspects such as his rant when they ask him if he is alright, but being uncomfortable with something personally does not make it wrong, especially when we are speaking about art or entertainment. I do find it intriguing how people judge shows by how much they can relate to whatever. If it is compelling, then I do not see why you need to relate to something to be into it. It is even more perplexing when the same people boasting about things for their relatability are always screaming about escapism or whatnot. People always raging on the internet are usually imbeciles who no one oughta engage with seriously anyways

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
The lead guy and girl are great, and they carry the show. That is why I am into it. There are some cringeworthy aspects such as his rant when they ask him if he is alright, but being uncomfortable with something personally does not make it wrong, especially when we are speaking about art or entertainment. I do find it intriguing how people judge shows by how much they can relate to whatever. If it is compelling, then I do not see why you need to relate to something to be into it. It is even more perplexing when the same people boasting about things for their relatability are always screaming about escapism or whatnot. People always raging on the internet are usually imbeciles who no one oughta engage with seriously anyways

How was the work rant cringeworthy?:dwillhuh:

It was pretty spot on imo

Daps
How was the work rant cringeworthy?:dwillhuh:

It was pretty spot on imo

Yeah, his company is not in support of Black writers, but them asking him if he is alright after a modern lynching video is what sends him off the ledge about that? He had nothing to say when they were passively aggressively shooting down the authors, though. It is disingenuous, white-obsessed blue Twitter babble to a tee. It is pretty in line with his character, though, so I am not penalizing it for that even though it is cringeworthy

Last edited:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Yeah, his company is not in support of Black writers, but them asking him if he is alright after a modern lynching video is what sends him off the ledge about that? He had nothing to say when they were passively aggressively shooting down the authors, though. It is disingenuous, white-obsessed blue Twitter babble to a tee. It is pretty in line with his character, though, so I am not penalizing it for that even though it is cringeworthy

Ehh....as someone who works in white corporate type world....you learn to let shyt slide til one day you just get tired of the bullshyt. Straw that breaks the camel's back and that whole era of corporations/companies with their fake allyship/concern became extremely annoying and infuriating.

I get your angle/POV...and some shows are guilty of that but I dont think it was disingenuous really.....it didnt come off like pandering or the usual blavity/twitter nonsense

Plus dude was going thru some shyt so a temporary meltdown isnt something outta left field

Daps
Ehh....as someone who works in white corporate type world....you learn to let shyt slide til one day you just get tired of the bullshyt. Straw that breaks the camel's back and that whole era of corporations/companies with their fake allyship/concern became extremely annoying and infuriating.

I get your angle/POV...and some shows are guilty of that but I dont think it was disingenuous really.....it didnt come off like pandering or the usual blavity/twitter nonsense

Plus dude was going thru some shyt so a temporary meltdown isnt something outta left field

That was not a micro aggression, though. He needed to be that indignant when they were telling them that they do not understand Black authors etcetera, not when they ask him how he is after a lynching video. It is cringeworthy when those same types are exploiting tragedy for their identity issues in reality, and the same happens to be true when it is on television. It is in line with his character on the show, but it still is just this Tweet in action:

EvGEi6UXEAoxGvd

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you mean by "in the streets?" I highly doubt that to be the majority experience. If you pine for white bytches and whine about crackers not accepting you then probably. Otherwise, it is no

“in the streets” as in dating multiple women and the situations you can get into. The pawgin piece just changed some of the context in my opinion.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Finished this a couple days ago and loved it. Lotta shyt hit close to home :francis: but this was great. Yogi the best "best" friend I've seen in a show in a long time. Marcus getting his blackness questioned every episode was :mjlol:. Went back and watched season 1 too since it was an anthology and like brehs said, it was figuring itself out at the beginning but picked up its stride and turned out pretty good.

BuckFilly

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
pg
both seasons were great.
lol @ Marcus sister's 1st gf pitching her soap to the fam
Marcus really did look like a little ass boy standing next to Mia
season 3 should have a 40+ protagonist, fukk that homo shyt for a season

Last edited: