TMZ guy to Blake Griffin, "You're not black...."

Gravity

Banned
Daps
fukk TMZ, but maybe in a messed up way this is progress? :snoop:

50 years ago, that one drop rule would've dictated him being black as night.

seriously though, fukk TMZ
This isn't progress at all, it's just another form of divide and conquer. This is just colorism to the extreme. You idiots don't recognize game. A real example of progress is people no longer buying into the myth of white supremacy and black inferiority. Whites are now trying to separate mixed people from being black as a way to maintain that myth. This is a numbers game people. You have to recognize things as what they are. Whites have always changed the rules regarding race to maintain WS. People like the Italians and Irish weren't always considered white. Those people got shyt on by whites when they first came here. Whites eventually allowed them to join their team because they knew that they needed those numbers to maintain WS. :heh: I see dummies in here claiming that blacks are trying to claim mixed people because we have low self esteem, but its clearly the other way around. Again, whites are attempting to change the rules regarding race to benefit their own racist agenda. The mentality being perpetuated with this new "mixed people aren't black" crowd is that it's better to be classified as anything other than black. That mentality only reinforces the myth of black inferiority. I understand where whites are coming from with this BS, but I just can't figure out why blacks would go along with it. Changing the rules and separating mixed people from black people doesn't help blacks in the least, it only hurts us. It just reinforces the fact that we are the bottom of society's totem pole. This is why you see so many dark-skinned women running away from being black and claiming mixed just because they have someone who's not black in their family tree. Black people are easily played because we want to be accepted too bad:snoop:

If you're 1 of these idiots who says that mixed people aren't black then you can't classify Obama as black. If You say that Obama isn't black then neither are his daughters.
video-obama-girls-articleLarge.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Changing the rules and separating mixed people from black people doesn't help blacks in the least, it only hurts us.

what do you consider an East Indian mixed with Black? Black?

And they aren't now trying to separate blacks from mixed. House negroes who were mixed always got preferential treatment.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you're 1 of these idiots who says that mixed people aren't black then you can't classify Obama as black. If You say that Obama isn't black then neither are his daughters.
video-obama-girls-articleLarge.jpg

you do realize it goes both ways right?

2l9jcjr.jpg

are their kids black too? :alright:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:skip: like I stated last fall, black people are going to be real butthurt and hold on for dear life once biracial people start identifying as such and white people actively call them what they are which is mixed raced.

The ops original point is ridiculous. Blake is half white. If he called himself white it shouldn't bother you. It's equally incorrect as calling him black. Call him what he is which is biracial.

it's going to be a sad day, black folks hold onto these mixed folks like a badge of honor -- especially when it comes to beauty standards.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:ufdup: Those TMZ dudes always try to get under people's skin (no pun intended)

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
it's going to be a sad day, black folks hold onto these mixed folks like a badge of honor -- especially when it comes to beauty standards.

Yup black women get "priced" out on the attraction scale. On one hand darker-skinned black women speak out against colorism, but love to claim mixed raced women as black. Amber Rose was "black" until she got pregnant.:aicmon: What do you think that does to you? It pushes you out as "black and attractive"..It's not so much based on skin color but that should be taken in to account. Should be based on grandparents and below.

Black men get "priced" out by claiming Obama and others. When all the national politicians look like Cory Booker and Adrien Fenty don't be mad. :ufdup:

Malia and Sascha Obama are mixed raced to me, but not to the average american. What's the difference between Nahla Berry(75% white, 25% Black) and The Obama Daughters (75% Black, 25% white)?

Now ask yourself who's judging people on the basis of skin color alone? Both are mixed raced.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
what do you consider an East Indian mixed with Black? Black?

And they aren't now trying to separate blacks from mixed. House negroes who were mixed always got preferential treatment.
Anybody who is visibly of African heritage is black.

I don't think that all house negroes were of mixed race during slavery. The term "house negroe" was actually introduced to the masses by Malcolm X, a mixed race black man who was a self proclaimed "field negroe". I suspect that house negroes were selected based on their mentality and spirit. I'm quite sure that there were plenty of dark skinned house negroes back during slavery. You can see that today. A lot of modern day house negroes are dark skinned. Allan Keyes, Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, ect are all darker skinned. I don't dispute that whites gave light skinned and mixed race slaves some kind of preferential treatment overall, but those people were still black slaves. It's still the same today, light skinned blacks get treated better than dark skinned blacks, they're still black though. It's divide and conquer. As long as we keep dividing ourselves, hating on each other based on colorism we will never unite. That's exactly what whites want.

you do realize it goes both ways right?

2l9jcjr.jpg

are their kids black too? :alright:
Race is a social construct that's based on phenotypical characteristics. Race is not based on science and genetics. All you've done is post a picture of mixed race black children who look as if they may be able to pass as white. Even that's yet to be determined. It depends on what they end up looking like when they're finished growing and developing.

It's not about holding on to anyone. I embrace anyone of African heritage that embraces and takes pride in their African heritage. Mixed race people of African heritage who want to run from being classified as black and claim mixed or whatever aren't of my concern. I dont try and "hold on" to those folk the same way that I dont try and hold on to self hating cats like you. There are plenty black people who have 2 non mixed black parents who don't want to be classified as black, fukk 'em. Ill ride with a Malcolm X or Muhammad Ali over a Clarence Thomas or Alla Keyes anyday. I'm all about embracing people who take pride in being black.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

I don't think that all house negroes were of mixed race during slavery. The term "house negroe" was actually introduced to the masses by Malcolm X, a mixed race black man who was a self proclaimed "field negroe". I suspect that house negroes were selected based on their mentality and spirit. I'm quite sure that there were plenty of dark skinned house negroes back during slavery. You can see that today. A lot of modern day house negroes are dark skinned. Allan Keyes, Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, Larry Elder, ect are all darker skinned. I don't dispute that whites gave light skinned and mixed race slaves some kind of preferential treatment overall, but those people were still black slaves. It's still the same today, light skinned blacks get treated better than dark skinned blacks, they're still black though. It's divide and conquer. As long as we keep dividing ourselves, hating on each other based on colorism we will never unite. That's exactly what whites want.

Race is a social construct that's based on phenotypical characteristics. Race is not based on science and genetics. All you've done is post a picture of mixed race black children who look as if they may be able to pass as white. Even that's yet to be determined. It depends on what they end up looking like when they're finished growing and developing.

It's not about holding on to anyone. I embrace anyone of African heritage that embraces and takes pride in their African heritage. Mixed race people of African heritage who want to run from being classified as black and claim mixed or whatever aren't of my concern. I dont try and "hold on" to those folk the same way that I dont try and hold on to self hating cats like you. There are plenty black people who have 2 non mixed black parents who don't want to be classified as black, fukk 'em. Ill ride with a Malcolm X or Muhammad Ali over a Clarence Thomas or Alla Keyes anyday. I'm all about embracing people who take pride in being black.
What about a person that looks 100% racially white, but claims black? You would accept them too?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin

:laff::dwillhuh::pachaha:

But those kids are literally 50% white. How could they be considered a single race in "black"?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
:heh:

I love how the smart dumb nyggas who keep stating "race is a social construct" are holding onto a socially constructed and racist stance in the one drop rule. :snoop:..If you wanted to be intellectually honest you would call them what they are. Like I said you negroes aren't ready for certain truths yet.