Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Are we sure that it's hollyweirds idea? Alot of these actors really are just gay as fukk. How many kids you knew growing were into stage plays, and dance but were completely hetero? The kids in your drama class were out throwing up jazz hands looking like this back in school.
image.jpg

are you really surprised that they're gay once they made it to hollywood?:dame:

That's just a gay industry, like male figure skating and ballet. They are playing dress up for living brehs.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They been doing that shyt since the 80s but it is ramped up now like someone already said in here it fills 2 quotas. Im sure with the popularity of black athletes has something to do with it too cause thats the white males nightmare/fetish of Seeing the negro athlete blowing out their women

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
thats easiliy explained..

why have a separate black character and LGBTQ character... lets just make the black person LQBTQ and we can have more white leads
Well why not make it a woman and knock all 3 out the park?

my point is they are strictly focusing on not having many straight black men on screen

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Well why not make it a woman and knock all 3 out the park?

my point is they are strictly focusing on not having many straight black men on screen
It ain't one or the other breh. They meet quotas and push the agenda at the same time. You're right you dont see as many black female lesbians because they aren't concerned with representing them that way.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It ain't one or the other breh. They meet quotas and push the agenda at the same time. You're right you dont see as many black female lesbians because they aren't concerned with representing them that way.
Thats all im saying

if it was just about a quota then they could fill 3 by having a gay minority woman.

They aren’t concerned with the quota as much as they care about making black men gay af

where are the asian, spanish, and other races fags in these movies/shows too?

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It takes away from our masculinity. Explained this in another thread today. Media images compounded over time change social perception. Despite black people being oppressed socially, were still viewed as the most desirable sexually. People are trying to change that narrative. It's consciously done, but I'm debating if it's being done systemically...

While I think media representation is important, there is no parity. It's black gay man after black gay man. Kinda sad there's a segment of the population who going along with it wholesale, because it's not being done to empower it's being done to lowkey ridicule. Hopefully the black gay community realizes that it's not being done to celebrate them.
If more men were to speak like this then they'd probably get heard more. Not like Pastor Troy the other day.

I have no issues with gay people in media. All for inclusion, representation and all that bull, I just don't like it when it's tacked on and lazy. Like it's feeling a quota and there's several examples of it but when it's done right and the characters have depth like in Sex Education that was mentioned and Watchmen (black and gay in the 60's, fighting crime and corruption within the group that was sworn to protect? That's depth breh) then I don't have that much of an issue. But it's too blatant to ignore.