Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I stopped right after they had the creepy haunted house vibe which quickly shifted into secret agent base
I use to love Netflix originals..now 8/10 they are corny as fukk

:whoa: They do be putting out a chunk of low tier shyt at times but I'm still invested in their originals.

Last year's Witcher and You had me entertained. Vagabond brought back the fukkery I missed from 24 :wow: that's gotta come back for another season. I ran through Rise of Empires: Ottoman a few days ago :whew: and I hope Giri/Haji gets renewed too even though they got lots of :dame: in that one.

Thought October Faction would end up being a guilty pleasure type show like The Society or Supernatural but I fukked up. I should have known from the trailers. :francis:

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:whoa: They do be putting out a chunk of low tier shyt at times but I'm still invested in their originals.
Last year's Witcher and You had me entertained. Vagabond brought back the fukkery I missed from 24 :wow: that's gotta come back for another season. I ran through Rise of Empires: Ottoman a few days ago :whew: and I hope Giri/Haji gets renewed too even though they got lots of :dame: in that one.

Thought October Faction would end up being a guilty pleasure type show like The Society or Supernatural but I fukked up. I should have known from the trailers. :francis:
October faction is CW levels of corny based on what I saw

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I would say it's just them knocking out two birds with one stone.... but yeah the level of it has vastly increased over the last few years.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this October Faction show on Netflix and it started off promising af until i realized that they made the only black or blackish main character gay af along with his darkskinned boyfriend and im like...

“Again...:stopitslime:

This show, the Sex Education show, Arrow, the Daybreak show, even fukking Star Wars trying to make Finn gay...

Like they’re really trying to push this unapologetically
Just got done watching October Faction and as a old head I thought the same. There was no reason to make the Breh gay.

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Straight Black Males have no value in Hollywood or the Dems for that matter. They are worshiping their God Pan which doesn't believe in genders so it's either female power or weak males for us Blacks.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I swear someone at the CW doesn't want black men with black women on screen period.

off the top of my head the only coupling I can think of is Joe on "The Flash" with his attorney wife but I know what you mean.the percentage of interracial relationships depicted on television doesn't reflect reality at all. I won't go so far as to say it's a conscious agenda, but it does come off that way. I think it has something to do with the demographics of the writers room and racial makeup of the cast. if theres 2 black leads of the opposite sex within similar age and without blood-ties they are unlikely to be in a relationship. I think majority non-black writers and casting choice lays the foundation for what appears to be an industry wide agenda.

Barbados Slim

All Star
Daps
Don't forget the last season of Dewignated survivor. Nothing wrong with gay characters it just comes off suspect with Netflix

I stopped watching it 2 episodes into Season 2 as I thought it just turned whack, but what is it specifically you were referring to as I'm curious?