Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
If it was once n awhile that would be one thing.. but when it's every new show at this point :francis:
I used be like on some "whatever" type shyt.
But its like, i watch a show and it be one Black man and im already like, "oh hes gay. Watch."

Be 2 minutes into the show i already know.

:beli:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Started watching the Undoing on HBO. Think we're like 4 episodes in and the only black man is a gay guy with a white husband in counseling.
That one show on Amazon Prime with that fly shorty that used to fukk with Prince had the same shyt.
:beli:

Like, yo these muthafukkas really got a fukkin formula.

:deadmanny:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I was listening to this podcast recently on Hollywood and screenwriting, and one of the people on it was this gay white guy. He said that white gays are always hyper aware on how they are portrayed on screen. You don't see that "Hey girl heyyyy" type white gay anymore. Like the main female characters best friend who goes shopping with her etc. Now it is replaced by the black character who is gay.

It is also some white guilt type of shyt. They want to include black folk but have no idea how to write for them so they are like lets make them gay. Also put them in a interracial relationship because they don't have to write too deep.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was listening to this podcast recently on Hollywood and screenwriting, and one of the people on it was this gay white guy. He said that white gays are always hyper aware on how they are portrayed on screen. You don't see that "Hey girl heyyyy" type white gay anymore. Like the main female characters best friend who goes shopping with her etc. Now it is replaced by the black character who is gay.

It is also some white guilt type of shyt. They want to include black folk but have no idea how to write for them so they are like lets make them gay. Also put them in a interracial relationship because they don't have to write too deep.

Hmm . . . Yeah, didn't notice it until reading here. It's true most white gay guys are portrayed more masculine. Flaming gay people are usually Black or Latin.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Was that the show with ol girl who worked in a record store or some shyt?
6SIDIB59JYsQ8EfUgM0IaFfwXtS.jpg

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:duck: FOH
:devil:
:evil: