Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
Oh my god I’m watching What Men Want right now and of course Taraji has a gay assistant, a coworker that’s on the down low that likes him, and one of her best friend’s has a husband who was exposed as sucking the dikk of another dude that’s at the wedding :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:the only thing I’m surprised about is none of them are black :russ:
Speaking of Taraji she's on the other end of the spectrum in term of the #Genda with her new Netflix movie "coffe and kareem":sas2:

Daps
Thinking back on the last four shows me and my girl have binge watched.

Ozark - gay black detective
on the block - effeminate black teenager
The rookie - gay black cop
This Is Us - the one show without it. has strong black male characters, but has a black lesbian daughter

:ohhh:

There’s only two gay characters a part of the semi-main cast and they’re both Black:dead:

Randall is a great depiction of a strong Black man and Beth is a great depiction of a strong Black woman, tho. I do appreciate them being on screen.

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
This is some disrespectful disgusting disturbing bullshyt! Most mfs know you meet most brothers they be like I’ll fukk you, yo mama and them,yo sister, auntie, daughter! All y’all bytches but hollyweird infatuated with this black men gay shyt. Oh, I know some folk here are fags and Bi I don’t care. Be the fudge packing dikk sucking dude you are. Keep it in the closet.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Two points here

1. Gay people exist. Some of them are black. Given how gay people drive social media traffic when it comes to media (TV, film, music, etc) it's not surprising that many shows are providing content they can tweet about. They also buy shyt. You know who else buys shyt? Women. It's money. I got no issue with gay black people being on shows.

2. I agree with Charles Blow that gay white men often portray black men in effete roles/positions because it's a fetish.

In short, they deserve representation just as any group deserves representation. But these execs are clearly getting their rocks off with some of this shyt.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It isn't just American media either. There was a show Império on Globo in Brazil a few years back. Guess who got cast as the flaming gay dude (and the only Black character)?

I watch Brazilian TV to keep up my language skills. Same bullshyt: many BM are favela criminal types, effeminate, or props and all the pretty BW are with White dudes. It's been like this even longer in Brazil than the US though.

Jesus they got the black man flaming and the white woman doing a black childs hair...:snoop:

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Two points here

1. Gay people exist. Some of them are black. Given how gay people drive social media traffic when it comes to media (TV, film, music, etc) it's not surprising that many shows are providing content they can tweet about. They also buy shyt. You know who else buys shyt? Women. It's money. I got no issue with gay black people being on shows.

2. I agree with Charles Blow that gay white men often portray black men in effete roles/positions because it's a fetish.

In short, they deserve representation just as any group deserves representation. But these execs are clearly getting their rocks off with some of this shyt.

gay folks, actually the lgbt segment in general, is about 3-5% of the population. While that number is highly concentrated in urban areas its still a small segment. Yet somehow it seems about 20-30% of black characters who are given a sexual identity are gay. Because black folks are often rare in shows, it's extremely odd that in so many shows where there are only 1-2 black cast members they're so often gay. It's like every show has to check its 'diversity' box and they get a double with black gay characters.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
They are pushing it to video games too :fire:

Borderlands 3 DLC Expansion has a gay black male MARRYING a white male. Gay black man has a sister in the game and I can only guess who her love interests are. :pacspit.

What the fukk is wrong with these crackers??

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
gay folks, actually the lgbt segment in general, is about 3-5% of the population. While that number is highly concentrated in urban areas its still a small segment. Yet somehow it seems about 20-30% of black characters who are given a sexual identity are gay. Because black folks are often rare in shows, it's extremely odd that in so many shows where there are only 1-2 black cast members they're so often gay. It's like every show has to check its 'diversity' box and they get a double with black gay characters.

You pulled that out your ass fam. If we add up all the black characters on all the noteworthy or semi-noteworthy shows on television, there isn't 20% gay representation.

Furthermore in terms of the 3-5%...that sounds like a white dude argument when complaining about black people on television. Should black people make up 13% of the total characters on TV? Is population total the deciding factor? Those "forced diversity" arguments are the creation of racist whites. Let's not borrow their bullshyt.

My issue, as I said earlier in relation to Charles Blow's argument, is that the roles are often wack. It's a mixture of fetish shyt and boardroom marketing wankery. Oftentimes, gay stories aren't even being displayed in these shows...that's how you know it's suspect. I'm not going to say every black character should act like Kima in The Wire, whose sexuality was almost entirely in the background instead of the foreground. Or that every gay black man should be masculine on TV. If I'm going to see a gay story I want to see a spectrum of experiences - just like I want to see a spectrum of black stories. Not just the black cop, or the black gangsta. Likewise for gay shyt...not just the "buff black guy who acts straight until he kisses a white dude."

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They are pushing it to video games too :fire:

Borderlands 3 DLC Expansion has a gay black male MARRYING a white male. Gay black man has a sister in the game and I can only guess who her love interests are. :pacspit.

What the fukk is wrong with these crackers??

Funny I never thought of Hammerlock as black until I looked at the concept art.

Hammerlock has been around since BL2, not sure if he was gay in that tho.

and his sister game spoiler
is dead.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
You pulled that out your ass fam. If we add up all the black characters on all the noteworthy or semi-noteworthy shows on television, there isn't 20% gay representation.

Furthermore in terms of the 3-5%...that sounds like a white dude argument when complaining about black people on television. Should black people make up 13% of the total characters on TV? Is population total the deciding factor? Those "forced diversity" arguments are the creation of racist whites. Let's not borrow their bullshyt.

My issue, as I said earlier in relation to Charles Blow's argument, is that the roles are often wack. It's a mixture of fetish shyt and boardroom marketing wankery. Oftentimes, gay stories aren't even being displayed in these shows...that's how you know it's suspect. I'm not going to say every black character should act like Kima in The Wire, whose sexuality was almost entirely in the background instead of the foreground. Or that every gay black man should be masculine on TV. If I'm going to see a gay story I want to see a spectrum of experiences - just like I want to see a spectrum of black stories. Not just the black cop, or the black gangsta. Likewise for gay shyt...not just the "buff black guy who acts straight until he kisses a white dude."

you the type that clowns someone for guessing a wrong number when you ask them to guess smh. nikka I said 'it seems about 20-30%'. I'm clearly guessing. But its not out of left field. I watched 3 seasons of Ozark. Only black character was a gay man. Started watching that 'never have i ever' show. Only black character had a coming out story. Watched the first ep of the 'Working moms' show. Only black character I saw was an African woman married to a white woman. You can label it however you want but its all over the place. I said what I said and you've said nothing to refute it other than your feelings :stopitslime: