Tired of Hollyweirds obsession with making all black male characters gay...

BigSteppa

Kawhi pack got me leanin
Daps
I was watching netflix with my girl and she put on 13 reasons why and this is the exact scene I see :mjlol:

Why the fukk are the only colored folk in the show gay? Idk what agenda the film industry has but ion like it :scust:

earthwalka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was watching netflix with my girl and she put on 13 reasons why and this is the exact scene I see :mjlol:

Why the fukk are the only colored folk in the show gay? Idk what agenda the film industry has but ion like it :scust:

there is white guy in the show who's gay in real life (actually there might be two) and they both play straight men lmao

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
I cancelled them way back because they kept doing that shyt with their shows. But I resub for the good shyt like Castlevania and some anime shows. My man Isaac just getting wins over here :mjgrin:
this shyt funny cause Issac gay too lol

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Them making Kaldur gay in the young justice animated show pissed me off too.. bc he already had the least character development of the OG cast but they gave him potential at the veeeerrry end of season 1 years ago by seemingly giving him a black girlfriend, but they ignored that in s2 and made him a batty boy in s3.
I stopped watching the show and cancelled my sub. He had a chance at two steady girlfriends and they pulled that shyt woooo I was (and still am) heated :wow:

don't think there were many who liked what they did with Kaldur :francis:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Watched "This Is Tomorrow" last night , a documentary about the Tomorrowland Music Festival in Belgium. Not bad.

Was one of those docs where they share stories of people at the festival (where they're from, something unique about them, etc.)

The only breh fan they featured was gay from ATL :martin:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang

:mjpls:

Are you from the south?

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Recently binged On My Block on Netflix. I'm surprised they didn't go that route with Jamal. He's a bit goofy and treated like shyt by most of the cast but he's still the best character on there. Main cast are all hetero too :leon:

YEA IT LOOKED CLEAR AS DAY
THEY WERE GONNA MAKE HIM A fakkit.

IM ONLY A FEW EPS INTO THIS SEASON
BECAUSE I NOT A BINGER
BUT I WAS RELIEVED TO SEE THEM GIVE
HIM A BLACK FEMALE LOVE INTEREST.
:devil:
:evil:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

I knew I hated this stupid fukking show for a reason too:hhh:

Like they really are trying to make straight black men obsolete and nobody is calling it out:mindblown:

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Michael Arceneaux’s memoir I Can’t Date Jesus is being adapted into a half-hour series by FOX TV.

Deadline reported Tuesday that 20th Century Fox TV is developing an adaptation of Arceneaux’s I Can’t Date Jesus: Love, Sex, Family, Race and Other Reasons I’ve Put My Faith in Beyoncé with Jerrod Carmichael, Lee Daniels, and Marc Velez. The book was published by Simon & Schuster in July 2018 and is a collection of essays by the cultural writer.

It centered on his identity as a gay Black man growing up in a religious family in Houston, Texas and became a New York Times bestseller.

READ MORE: Bill Cosby is not victimized by racism but entitled by sexism

He shared his excitement on Instagram about the development.

“Very excited. Most grateful. Forever hopeful. Trying to make Hiram Clarke and the rest of Houston proud. More to come, but in the meanwhile, please buy “I Don’t Want To Die Poor,” he captioned.

The announcement of his first book being turned into a cable and streaming market show was made on the very same day his second tome, I Don’t Want To Die Poor, was released. In an interview with Shondaland, he explained that this book would be just as relatable to readers. The issue of debt is one that many are struggling with.

READ MORE: Dave Chappelle, Kevin Hart, Jamie Foxx, Martin Lawrence on board for Netflix Is a Joke Fest

“I knew I wanted to talk about intimacy and religion and how those inform identity in I Can’t Date Jesus and I knew that I needed to talk about money — specifically my student loan debt — which has also shaped my identity. That’s how I Don’t Want To Die Poor came about. It’s one thing to figure out who you are supposed to be, but to live a truly free existence, at least where I live, you need security,” he told the outlet.

“I admit my mistakes in the book, but ultimately, I maintain that I did “the right thing.” The problem was, I knew I had the odds stacked against me, but I was too young and naive to fully grasp just how many disadvantages I had going against me when I made that college choice.”

The 35-year-old also shared that he hoped this new book would empower.

“I also wanted people to know that they are not alone and that life can get better, even when it feels like the hell never ends,” he said.

Michael Arceneaux’s memoir ‘I Can’t Date Jesus’ being adapted by Fox TV - TheGrio