Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Nesto90sKid

Rookie
Daps
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:
First only drink water! Lot's of it. No juices, no soft drinks, no milk let alone alcohol. Here & there tea with no sugar or honey. The best is green tea. Pure. Eat steamed vegetables alone or with fish. Eat salad just with olive oil or pure. No dressing. Forget sweet stuff & chocolate. Exercise ( planks, wall sits, gymnastics) Moderatly jogging or walking. Avoid bread, lots of rice, potatos & pasta.
No highly processed food.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Cut the sweets to twice a month. It’ll be hard first couple days but it’s worked for me. May need to also cut down on red meat an carbs together.

Yea breh, cut that red meat. The red meat isn't really red.

When you run over a deer or rodent, the insides decomposes ASAP after is dies and it turns, gray, black, sometimes a dark matter.

Well that's the same when they kill a cow, lamb, and other animals. The kill happens 30 days or longer before it gets to our store and to our ice box

The red that you and I see at the store in the package are the chemicals that they use to keep the meat from looking like road kill

If they don't spray and inject those harmful chemicals, I guarantee you wouldn't eat 99%-100% of that meat in these stores.

If you eat animal you suppose to eat it within 2hrs after it dies

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Diet should be your foremost concern.

I only eat whatever I want 2 days a week. Every other day it's no sugar, no salt, fat free milk, black coffee, etc. Low sodium everything. Fruits, etc.

I'm 47, 195 lbs. Resting heart rate is 66. BP is 120/78. Just had my labs done a couple weeks ago, everything was good.

Lifting weights is cool but that shyt is not a super power.

Also obviously if your sleep is fukked up try to address that as well.

Fred.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
OP, if that picture is normal, you need to be on medication asap. Address your diet and eat better.

My blood pressure has been higher since I got Covid last January. It’s still fine 120-130 over mid 80s, but it was lower before. I wonder how much Covid really strained my immune system.

COVID did a number on your whole system. Try doing a cleanse and a fast

It has only been high since I caught COVID

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Magnesium. Heavy on it
You get it from plants.
Cut down the pill intake. Get your healthy from the food not pills/supplements. Green plants, ginger root. Even bathe in it if you can, juice it. It's good for the skin

Potassium, heavy on that too. Cantaloupe, banama, hemp seeds, seaseme seeds, flax seeds.

Heavy on fruit. Juicing the fruit is better IMO. Get a real juicer
Invest into a good one, the Nama 2 is great.

Get down to 1 meal a day, no carbs, sugar or any OILS.

No crunchy foods, salt or paste foods
Stay away from ALL meat.
Dead things hurt the body.

Up the cardio.

Go to Dr. Bobby Price website and get his tea to do a detoxification on your body. You may have a lot of waste just sitting in your stomach, heavy metals, worms, yeast.

Your liver is suffering badly, need to be cleaned.

Lay off ALL dairy.

Check back in 2-3 months with results

My Patna just had a stroke and he's under 35-40 years old.
Gotta clean that diet up breh
i never put my health out there, but about a month ago i went to the doctor for a physical. first physical i've had in over 2 years and i knew that wasn't nothing but GOD. im 44

diagnosed with type 2 diabetes AND high cholesterol. i am currently on a statin that prevents heart attacks and strokes and another pill to help with my blood sugar.

nikka, me and the wife immediately cut out ALL white flour products, sugar, salt, fast foods, sodas, red meat. DAIRY, etc. stay AWAY from seed oils - CANOLA, VEGETABLE, PALM AND COCONUT OIL.

i have lost 25 pounds over the last thirty days and my wife has lost 32 pounds.

green tea twice a day with ginger and apple cider vinegar
greens...i repeat GREENS - mixed greens with kale massaged in lemon with multi colored bell pepper, cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and other veggies.

walnuts, almonds and pistachios
we love tacos man, but use ground turkey and lettuce for the shell. i have recently discovered a company called SIETE, they make tortillas out of chickpeas, almond and cassava. they are not as fluffy but they use natural products.

READ the labels, stay away from natural flavors, added sugars, READ about the cholesterol and carbs and stay within guidelines.

stay AWAY from rice. we use cauliflower rice, my wiz doctors that shyt up with garlic salt and lime. we eat plenty of avocado, use REAL olive oil, mainly olive oils that were produced in ONE location.

we make burrito bowls man with DRY BEANS - pinto, roasted veggies, use cauliflower rice as the base, guacamole and will throw grilled breast, thighs or turkey on top if we want that type of protein.

being diagnosed was a blessing in disguise because if i had kept on i was going to die young. im actually glad it happened man gives me a new outlook on life. i get a jones for a burger n shyt but what you put in your body will kill you ESPECIALLY simple carbs, cholesterol, fat, salt, sugar, etc.

nikkas gotta understand you can work out as much as you want but you can still be crazy unhealthy by what you put in your body.

we are also about to adopt the OMAD plan - one meal a day.

hope this helps someone and get your health CHECKED regularly

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
1. Salt. You need to be very cautious of sodium. Some things are obvious like salty meats and french fries, but stuff like soy sauce and dipping sauces are really salty. Immediately make that change.
2. Stop drinking as much as you do if you do drink. Stop, or become a rare / special occasion drink.
3. If you do drugs, stop now.
4. Up your cardio. Run, bike, row machine, etc. it is imperative.
5. Leafy greens.

Set a doctor's appointment as soon as possible. You can fix this but take it literally like life and death.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
1. Salt. You need to be very cautious of sodium. Some things are obvious like salty meats and french fries, but stuff like soy sauce and dipping sauces are really salty. Immediately make that change.
2. Stop drinking as much as you do if you do drink. Stop, or become a rare / special occasion drink.
3. If you do drugs, stop now.
4. Up your cardio. Run, bike, row machine, etc. it is imperative.
5. Leafy greens.

Set a doctor's appointment as soon as possible. You can fix this but take it literally like life and death.
I'm going to cut salt for sure. I already don't drink liquor and I don't do drugs. 15 years sober. I do HIIT cardio and boxing.

I definitely need to get more leafy greens into my diet

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Hibiscus tea will help bring it down quick in addition to making other lifestyle changes already mentioned here.

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
I used to be 180/110

Doctors thought the machine was broken then they double checked it with another machine.

Intermittent fasting + cutting beef + cutting chicken finally lowered it

It still spikes to 140 now and then but I'm getting it lower.

Get your teeth fixed to because that can trigger strokes/heart attacks as well

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Go to the doctor and get on medication.

Not saying that lifestyle shyt won't help, but for some people it's genetic and it's best to just get on meds for it.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I used to be 180/110

Doctors thought the machine was broken then they double checked it with another machine.

Intermittent fasting + cutting beef + cutting chicken finally lowered it

It still spikes to 140 now and then but I'm getting it lower.

Get your teeth fixed to because that can trigger strokes/heart attacks as well
Teeth fixed is a big one, that has also helped me immensely. Has an effected tooth that basically was causing other health issues.