Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:
Noo sireee. Unfortunately being active doesn't have as much affect as what you put into your body. You should definitely get some blood work. Have your cholesterol and lipids checked, and definitely find out what your, actually i forget if its your hemoglobin or your glycogen index...tell them you want your blood sugar levels checked.

Praying for you brotha. Glad you realized that these numbers are high and asked for guidance. And I hope anybody else in similar position is able to get right from this thread.

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
OP, if that picture is normal, you need to be on medication asap. Address your diet and eat better.

My blood pressure has been higher since I got Covid last January. It’s still fine 120-130 over mid 80s, but it was lower before. I wonder how much Covid really strained my immune system.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me

Clonidine 0.1 PO q6h PRN for BP>160/90
norvasc 5 PO daily
Lisinipril 5 mg PO daily

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
OP, if that picture is normal, you need to be on medication asap. Address your diet and eat better.

My blood pressure has been higher since I got Covid last January. It’s still fine 120-130 over mid 80s, but it was lower before. I wonder how much Covid really strained my immune system.

COVID did a number on your whole system. Try doing a cleanse and a fast

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Also, while everyone is giving advice, you might want to start counting calories/sodium/magnesium. And track everything, whether cooked in your house or taken from restaurants. All food has the nutritional value menus on them, and most restaurants will provide nutritional value menus online. If they don't, don't eat there. Chicken nuggets from one place may have waaaay more sodium than others, so you can't just assume everybody's using same recipe for the same items.

But there's good advice in this thread. If you need help, maybe get a nutritionist to help you come up with a menu for you, but yea, if those numbers are consistently that high, you'll need something for the short term.

Also, don't wait til March or May or whenever your appointment is. You really need to be seen soon

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My Dad has high blood pressure and is prescribed medication. He had a stroke in his later 20’s.

My younger brother was recently prescribed high blood pressure meds due to him being in the same boat. Barely 30.

Last time I checked mine was damn near perfect and the only thing I do really different between the both of them is I run. I run a lot. Average about 300-400 miles a year. Maybe stepping up the cardio could help Op.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Magnesium. Heavy on it
You get it from plants.
Cut down the pill intake. Get your healthy from the food not pills/supplements. Green plants, ginger root. Even bathe in it if you can, juice it. It's good for the skin

Potassium, heavy on that too. Cantaloupe, banama, hemp seeds, seaseme seeds, flax seeds.

Heavy on fruit. Juicing the fruit is better IMO. Get a real juicer
Invest into a good one, the Nama 2 is great.

Get down to 1 meal a day, no carbs, sugar or any OILS.

No crunchy foods, salt or paste foods
Stay away from ALL meat.
Dead things hurt the body.

Up the cardio.

Go to Dr. Bobby Price website and get his tea to do a detoxification on your body. You may have a lot of waste just sitting in your stomach, heavy metals, worms, yeast.

Your liver is suffering badly, need to be cleaned.

Lay off ALL dairy.

Check back in 2-3 months with results

My Patna just had a stroke and he's under 35-40 years old.
Gotta clean that diet up breh

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
I had a scare with High Blood pressure back in 2022. It runs in my family. Went and saw my primary care Doc immediately. He started prescribing me meds to help lower it, but it wasn't really working. I was smoking and drinking too. The Alcohol was a major factor for it, but whenever I smoked, my heart rate would go up and I'd get paranoid, so I had to quit doing both.

Eventually, me and the Doc found a prescription that worked and now my numbers are regular again.

Get yourself a kit that you can use at home, watch what you eat and go see a primary care Doc as soon as possible.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I had a scare with High Blood pressure back in 2022. It runs in my family. Went and saw my primary care Doc immediately. He started prescribing me meds to help lower it, but it wasn't really working. I was smoking and drinking too. The Alcohol was a major factor for it, but whenever I smoked, my heart rate would go up and I'd get paranoid, so I had to quit doing both.

Eventually, me and the Doc found a prescription that worked and now my numbers are regular again.

Get yourself a kit that you can use at home, watch what you eat and go see a primary care Doc as soon as possible.

Only 5% of all diseases are heritatery. Only 5% and those diseases that are in this group are very rare case that are passed down to kids

That is a myth that HP and cancer is passed down and other things we as ppl, link as to being it passed down
We get the same thing as our parents because we eat what they cook us. We eat what they eat and we get what they get.

broller

Veteran
Daps
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:

You can't out exercise a bad diet

Reduction of stress
Ginger tea
Eating raw beets - check this link : A new way to
Reduction or cessation of alcohol, smoking, processed foods and sugar, particularly fructose , glucose-fructose and high fructose corn syndrome

Also talk to your doctor. Sometimes there are medical causes for high blood pressure that can be dangerous

E.g. pheochromocytoma, Conn's syndrome etc., renal artery stenosis etc. those need imaging, bloodwork and or urine tests to rule out.

Last edited: