Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
Just see your doctor and get some meds. You dont want to have a stroke.

Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
Take meds and watch your sodium.

The reality is that some of us are basically born with high BP.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, diet, sodium intake etc., were all perfect. I was 145 lbs at age 18 with 10% body fat and got diagnosed with high BP. There was nothing I could do about it.

I have coworkers that are incredibly fit with normal BP but high cholesterol. Everyone has their "thing" they gotta deal with. They'll probably put you on a water pill as that seems to work better for Black folks. Just live healthy and take your meds. Get sleep and find ways to de-stress.

I workout, play video games and read books to relax. Do what works for you.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
High blood pressure runs in my family. I've had high blood pressure all my life. Even when I was 18 years old running track and had a body fat under 10% (140/95). My brother ran track, All-American, in college and he too had high blood pressure at the time. See a Dr. breh. They will put you on meds. The next phase is figuring out which one is most effective while causing the least amount of side effects. The first Rx my Doc gave me turned my dyck into :flabbynsick:. I called and left a message with my Dr's secretary saying, " I stopped that shyt and I'd rather die prematurely fuqing women than live a long life as a eunuch." I'm sure they all laughed at the Dr office. Doc changed the Rx and my blood pressure has been around 115/75 with no ED.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

Make an appointment with a cardiologist and a endocrinologist.Make sure they both are Black. I had heart failure for 5 years after my surgery and doctor didn't say shyt. I exercised regularly and ate healthy. Didn't find out until I decided to see w new doctor who happened to be Black and now I no longer have heart failure

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
See a doctor soon, but in the meantime..

Fast a couple times a week. Either intermittent or straight fasting like 48-72 hours a week.

Juice 2 gala apples, 6 skinned carrots, A half of a lemon, and one beet with cayenne pepper

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
High blood pressure runs in my family. I've had high blood pressure all my life. Even when I was 18 years old running track and had a body fat under 10% (140/95). My brother ran track, All-American, in college and he too had high blood pressure at the time. See a Dr. breh. They will put you on meds. The next phase is figuring out which one is most effective while causing the least amount of side effects. The first Rx my Doc gave me turned my dyck into :flabbynsick:. I called and left a message with my Dr's secretary saying, " I stopped that shyt and I'd rather die prematurely fuqing women than live a long life as a eunuch." I'm sure they all laughed at the Dr office. Doc changed the Rx and my blood pressure has been around 115/75 with no ED.
What prescription you changed to?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I'm going to cut salt for sure. I already don't drink liquor and I don't do drugs. 15 years sober. I do HIIT cardio and boxing.

I definitely need to get more leafy greens into my diet
Good to hear, and good job on your sobriety. I switched to special occasion only this fall and was a significant help. I was the same thing...I run a lot and lift multiple times a week but didn't really consider salt the way I consider sugar when eating.

Don't be scared but take it serious.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
What prescription you changed to?
My Dr told me to ask my family members to see what works for them. Not everyone had the same side effects for each med. It's really trial and error. I currently take an angiotensin II receptor blocker. There are other types like Ace inhibitors and beta-blockers, etc. Talk to your Dr and see what they say. If what he prescribes works, keep taking it. Just don't be afraid to let them know about any side effects.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Damn son! Lemme guess you take pre workout too?

Cleanup your diet, sleep better, and improve eating habits first and foremost and do more cardio and see a doctor

Edit: “the bottom number is three digits” :dead:
My guy your systolic (top number) is also 163 :damn:

Did you do any physical activity before this test? Your pulse is normal though. Unfortunately even if you do all this, some black people are predisposed to high blood pressure and need meds. You don’t want to have a stroke in your mid years and no kidney fxn

Yeah I just got prescribed meds because the doc said my lifestyle had no risk factors but my pressure keeps creeping up each year. Not super high yet but above normal. She thinks it must be genetic. Things is I feel fine.

Honestly I think we need more research and data. Could just be black peoples have a higher resting blood pressure. Majority of health data and research is based off of cacuasian subjects.

Anyway glad this thread was made. Maybe I’ll try some of these natural remedies.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I just got prescribed meds because the doc said my lifestyle had no risk factors but my pressure keeps creeping up each year. Not super high yet but above normal. She thinks it must be genetic. Things is I feel fine.

Honestly I think we need more research and data. Could just be black peoples have a higher resting blood pressure. Majority of health data and research is based off of cacuasian subjects.

Anyway glad this thread was made. Maybe I’ll try some of these natural remedies.
That’s definitely possible. We need more studies in general but there’s a lot of things that muddy the data. We need to have more access