Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Working out not just strength training..how many miles a day you jog, minutes a day you jumprope?
I do a cardio class, either boxing or HIIT workout, 3-4 times a week. 90 minute sessions.

Mom says it's genetics or there could be some other underlying condition. Could be a kidney issue

I'm 5'9" 188 lbs. I used to be 240 lbs at the height of the pandemic. I had sleep apnea but not anymore.

I don't smoke or do any drugs. My only real vices are food and I go out clubbing until super late

I scheduled an appointment but it's in mid-March. So I'm just gonna go harder on cardio and cut out butter and salt and other bad food items in the meantime

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me

Breh,

You have to reduce your Sodium intake.

Increase your water intake.

Look at all the packages for the food you eat, for the Sodium levels.

Try and keep a daily sodium intake of 1,500-2,000 Mg of sodium perday.

High sodium is in pretty much most of the foods we eat, Meats, Cheeses, Breads (Especially Bread), Sauces/Condiments etc...

Reduce the sodium, and your Blood Pressure will be sure to go down.

Also you may look into getting some Meds for it from your Doctor.

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
My brother is a slim guy and he has to take blood pressure medicine. It sucks and he doesn't like it but its either that or stroke out.

How's your sister doing, man?
She doesn't eat well and I can't get her in the gym for nothing. She used to train MMA and then she got lazy and became sedentary.

Acropolis

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know your living habits, get your blood pressure/blood work checked by a doctor, the machines aren't accurate. Inquire to your doctor about Metformin. I cannot stress enough to improve working on sustaining a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Andrew Huberman has a fantastic Podcast on well being.
My Mother passed away at 48 due to coronary artery disease.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
She doesn't eat well and I can't get her in the gym for nothing. She used to train MMA and then she got lazy and became sedentary.
You have an immediate relative with early high blood pressure and a stroke. Your risk is extremely high. Any other medical problems in your family?
1. See a physician - you probably will need to check your blood pressure outside of the clinic for a month. But based on those numbers you’ll probably need daily medication from 1 of the 3 common blood pressure lowering class of drugs. Get a complete physical exam with labs and make sure your kidney numbers (BUN/cr) are normal.
2. Low sodium diet
3. Mediterranean diet
4. Exercise 30 min/day at least 4 days a week (Heart rate up to 220 - your age)
5. At least 8 hours sleep/day
6. Meditation/yoga
Best of luck.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Fix your diet, get sleep, drink water. if you smoke or drink, stop.

I can tell you, I’ve had six people at work go on carnivore and lower their BP to normal in less than a month. Same for my mom and wife.

Mine went from around 120/80 to 111/72 in 2 weeks.

Carnivore ain't for everybody but do your research and make your own decisions. Regardless you should read Lies my doctor told me by Ken Berry and understanding the heart by Stephen Hussey.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
I was triple status and didn’t know it. Went to a doctors appoint and he called the ambulance. He said he didn’t know I was alive.

I felt perfectly normal, was in the gym and active. It was the alcohol mainly.

Been 3 years since I had a drink. Still eat like shyt tho :russ:

Daps

But is she suffering any physical disabilities from her stroke?

That's one of my worst fears... my brother stroking out. It stays in the back of my head a lot.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Helped out a lot of friends and family with these tips for blood pressure

1. Take short walks after meals. 10 minute
2. Lose weight to help lower blood pressure.
3. Make sure to sleep well; consider using a CPAP if needed.
4. Have cranberry juice (4oz daily) for iodine and eat 2 cups of fruit daily (oranges and strawberries preferred)
5. Salt your food to reach the right sodium intake.

(Salt alone isn’t the enemy, it’s sodium combined with the lack of potassium, hydration, magnesium, vitamin d3 etc that creates the problem)

6. Eat a carrot daily and other veggies you like.
7. Keep Vitamin D levels above 75 nmol/L.
8. Do resistance training 2x a week for 20-30 minutes.
9. Get daily calcium from whole fat Greek yogurt if there are no known dairy intolerance issues
10. Aim for 4700mg of potassium daily (see foods with potassium).
11. Include magnesium (400mg/day) from cooked spinach or sprouted almonds or supplement if necessary. It’s important.

Magnesium glycinate to be specific

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
The advice in this topic is good, like eating better, and working out. But those things work slowly over time (if at all, HBP can very well be hereditary). But your numbers are too high and pose an immediate risk. You need to go to the ER as soon as possible and get on medication. Call an ambulance if you have to.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:
:what:

Cut out juice and soda for a month. Drink at least 1L of water around meal times. You need to take some melatonin to help you stay asleep too. If you have access to a doctor, talk to them about this and record yourself when you sleep. You may have sleep apnea if you snore loudly.

As others have said, cut your salt, add garlic to your diet and increase your vegetable intake. If you're under 50 with high blood pressure you won't make it to 60 without at least one heart attack or stroke.