Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me

My brother is a slim guy and he has to take blood pressure medicine. It sucks and he doesn't like it but its either that or stroke out.

How's your sister doing, man?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Brazillian Jiujitsu black belt in his 40s here. Blood pressure 104 over 75. Pulse 74.

You better start taking better care of yourself. There's no honor in destroying yourself with good times. Get right and get active. You can't even eat your way out of a life where all you do is sit. Move nikka or you getting moved to the next life.

U finna Daaaaa if you dont start making changes Now.

Last edited:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sugar and salt are your worst enemies. Reduce both substantially. Also watch artificial sweetners (ehritriol has been linked to increased heart attack and stroke risk). Limit caffeine. Do cardio. Work on sleep and stress. I take l theanine occasionally. It's good for calmness and nerves. I suggest getting a BP cuff at home too so you can check your BP consistently.

If those numbers are consistently that high, you need to see a doc pronto.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
You need to go the doctor breh. Your blood pressure high as hell. Your bottom number ain’t supposed to be close to triple digits. And if your sister just had a stroke it seems like it’s genetics so you gotta be careful too

Daps
also, one measurement doesn't mean much. especially not at the doctors office. a lot of people get stressed out just from the doctors visit alone.

"For some people, seeing the doctor actually raises their blood pressure during the appointment. It’s called “white coat syndrome.”1 It can happen to people who usually have healthy blood pressure." Anxious about going to the doctor? How to stay calm and get more from every appointment.

not saying that you don't have high pressure, cuz if you in here asking for tips than 9 times out of 10, you living foul. but still, you need to measure everyday to get the proper indications

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You need to get on a beta blocker ASAP. Don’t wait to see your doctor, go to a clinic or where ever you are and ask if it’s appropriate to get on it immediately. Buy a monitor for home ASAP. And get tested for every potential cause through a cardiologist. Some not so common causes are Renal stenosis and atherosclerosis so make sure to ask.

And because your sister had a stroke you should probably also be on a Statin aside from the Aspirin.

Last edited: