Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can dig it. My follow up since my diagnosis is March 19th. I'll follow this diet until I get my new levels checked. I weighed myself this afternoon. I was 290 at my diagnosis now I'm down to 257.8

I'll walk another mile today after this salad

Yeah I'm done eating today. I'm meal prepping for the rest of the week

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hex had a rule which was eat what you want three times a week. I'm gonna exercise that after two weeks of being safe...but it won't be crap

2x a week. Although you can mix and match a couple days and be fine.

For example yesterday I had black coffee no sugar, Cheerios no sugar fat free milk, a cup of low sodium soup, a cup of baked potatoes, a banana, and a bowl of oatmeal....then for dinner I ate a filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, and a fat ass dessert at Cooper's Hawk.

But if someone is just starting out then I'd advise against any "cheat days" for a while. Get used to the routine first.

Fred.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston

For example yesterday I had black coffee no sugar, Cheerios no sugar fat free milk, a cup of low sodium soup, a cup of baked potatoes, a banana, and a bowl of oatmeal....then for dinner I ate a filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, and a fat ass dessert at Cooper's Hawk.

But if someone is just starting out then I'd advise against any "cheat days" for a while. Get used to the routine first.

Fred.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm thinking two weeks to a month or so and then I'm gonna go to two cheat meals a week. Appreciate it man.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Fred.

And black coffee is......ok...?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And black coffee is......ok...?

Black coffee is actually good for you.

The issues arise when people add a gang of shyt to it.

Fred.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
My diet isn't great

I thought that since I go to the gym a lot and lift heavy, I could eat whatever
:francis:
no offense, but this is why we need to educate ourselves as a people on nutrition. This mindset is surprisingly prevalent among many people who workout and neglect their nutrition and other lifestyle habits. Health is more than just working out. It is comprised of what you do every single day, day in and day out. Even something as simple as how you're sitting! (As stupid as that even sounds)

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Update: I'm the guy who didn't go to the dentist for 15+ years.

Did my first cleaning session and she said my gums were inflamed but NO cavities or root canals needed. They'll need to do another cleaning session though.

I'll check my BP soon

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Update: I'm the guy who didn't go to the dentist for 15+ years.

Did my first cleaning session and she said my gums were inflamed but NO cavities or root canals needed. They'll need to do another cleaning session though.

I'll check my BP soon
Damn. Did you have any serious Periodontal pockets issues?

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Damn. Did you have any serious Periodontal pockets issues?
She said my gums were inflamed, had to do a long cleaning (still not done) and root planing. Gums were sore for 2 days and I kept gargling with salt and aloe vera now they're good, I think. Also did X-rays, no serious issues. Wont wait this long again :snoop:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

A recent study in the British Journal of Sports Medicine suggests that isometric exercises, like wall sits (also known as wall squats), can help reduce blood pressure even more effectively than other forms of exercise, including aerobic activity, weight training or high-intensity interval workouts.

The research is good news for people who struggle to meet physical activity guidelines that recommend at least 150 minutes of weekly moderate-intensity exercise, like brisk walking or bicycling. The new analysis found that about eight minutes of isometric exercise, three times a week, can lead to a meaningful reduction in blood pressure.

This means holding a wall sit for two minutes and resting for two minutes. Repeat for a total of four wall sits with breaks in between. A single session, including rest, will take only 14 minutes.

imrs.php

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
WzY9hiZO3RvV.jpg

I work out and I'm physically stronger than I've ever been

But I have been stressed and barely sleeping

My sister is 25 and she's slim and had a stroke, so it's not really just a flabbynsick thing. Not looking good for me
I had similar numbers until I got put on the right medication.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
no offense, but this is why we need to educate ourselves as a people on nutrition. This mindset is surprisingly prevalent among many people who workout and neglect their nutrition and other lifestyle habits. Health is more than just working out. It is comprised of what you do every single day, day in and day out. Even something as simple as how you're sitting! (As stupid as that even sounds)
even more than how you're sitting is how your shytting. Meaning the standard Toilet is not conducive to effective defecation.

Last edited: