Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I took my blood test back in March and everything was normal except my a1c.

My a1c was 5.7 I'm sure it's normal now
Not to get long winded; blood test won’t pick up what I’m talking about except for maybe the kidney issue part. If your bp is elevated it’s usually a few things. Narrow coronary and/or peripheral arteries, increased calcium or blockage in the arteries (salt) or an issue with the heart causing it to work harder than it needs to (valvular disease). The only test that will pick these things up are the test I mentioned (also including a coronary calcium test). You’ve got to get to the source so you don’t need three meds. 1 or 2 meds treating the underlying condition is better than where you are now. best wishes and good health going forward!

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel like alcohol is probably an underrated cause of hypertension :francis:

Been having BP issues since my 20s even though I've always been thin, don't smoke, and my blood sugar was fine (and I had no symptoms). Was drinking a lot back then (especially on weekends) but I didn't really care to tell the doc that so I got put on a diuretic. Once I cut back on drinking mine basically went down to normal.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It starts with simple things like walking. My grandmother god bless her in her late 90s and as a kid I always remember her taking a walk right around sunset.

If you dont know what type of fitness to do the first step is just moving. I walk my kids to school in the morning and if we walk at a medium pace I get real warm even if it's a little chilly out and I'm wearing a hoody. Mind you I have a black belt in brazillian jiujitsu and train 4 days a week.

Move nikkuh. Go to the park and Walk. If u shook, walk around your job on your break. But move, still

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I feel like alcohol is probably an underrated cause of hypertension :francis:

Been having BP issues since my 20s even though I've always been thin, don't smoke, and my blood sugar was fine (and I had no symptoms). Was drinking a lot back then (especially on weekends) but I didn't really care to tell the doc that so I got put on a diuretic. Once I cut back on drinking mine basically went down to normal.
Good that you recognized the cause and chilled. That young mentality will kill you

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had a spike on a routine stress test
Jumped to over 200/95.
The tech freaked out and called doctor.
Breh ran on there, like are you okay?
It was wild. They made me wait 30 mins and took it again and the shut was about normal like 128/74.

Made me buy a monitor- bicep cuff only. And put me on Lisinopril 10 mg once a day. But have the option to quit if it gets below 100. But need to keep them in the loop.

Made changes to diet.
Trying to find the right workout regime as well.

Oh. And I went on a trip to Mexico and got plane ankle. BP averaged 147/85 the entire week. Combination of the heat, drinking and smoking cigars.

First blood pressure result after getting back home was 113/68

Tried to tell thecoli about uric acid and was told to sit my dumb ass down because im not a doctor. Has the doctor given you dietary suggestion that specefically enhance your gut microbiome? So that it can properly metabolize purines? Or did they just give you a pill that lowers uric acid levels,which yes I googled it and yours does. I had a family who was given allopurenol by doctors,while at the same time being served coca cola twice a day while staying in the hospital . So they are literally giving you a med to lower uric acid,while giving you food that is horrible if you have high uric acid.

But microbiome is important all around for more than just that. Its important you try to learn about it,and monitor your bodies patterns YOURSELF. So that you can create a healthy diet and plan. There are different bacterias that do different things in the gut. Microbiome helps regulate alot more than what people are told.

We havent even talked about the importance of melanin and getting sunlight. I would suggest intermediate fasting until you can get things under control. Alot of us eat more junk than our body can regulate and filter in its current state. But your body adapts to junk,so im always cautious in telling people to go cold turkey on things. Not sure how that shock can effect the body. But we know it can effect someone psychologically. Which of course also impacts the mind,which can effect ph/acidity levels. Wouldnt hurt to get some at home ph testing strips for your saliva and urine. I think this could help you better monitor changes in your levels directly after eating and drinking certain things in real time :respect:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You can't wake up
Drive to work sitting in a car
Get to work and sit All day
Get off work drive home sitting In a car
Get Home, sit your fat ass on the couch
Walk to bed and lay down for 8 hours

Repeat...

This is a commitment to Larry and you must make aome changes

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
All seriousness, I really hope more of us do a better job of taking care of ourselves. Folks get on me about all the effort I put into my health but I do it to avoid having these types of issues. Not saying you have to be like me but like @Mowgli said, just taking a 30 minute walk every day can make a huge difference, especially for a lot of us who work desk jobs.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Tried to tell thecoli about uric acid and was told to sit my dumb ass down because im not a doctor. Has the doctor given you dietary suggestion that specefically enhance your gut microbiome? So that it can properly metabolize purines? Or did they just give you a pill that lowers uric acid levels,which yes I googled it and yours does. I had a family who was given allopurenol by doctors,while at the same time being served coca cola twice a day while staying in the hospital . So they are literally giving you a med to lower uric acid,while giving you food that is horrible if you have high uric acid.

But microbiome is important all around for more than just that. Its important you try to learn about it,and monitor your bodies patterns YOURSELF. So that you can create a healthy diet and plan. There are different bacterias that do different things in the gut. Microbiome helps regulate alot more than what people are told.

We havent even talked about the importance of melanin and getting sunlight. I would suggest intermediate fasting until you can get things under control. Alot of us eat more junk than our body can regulate and filter in its current state. But your body adapts to junk,so im always cautious in telling people to go cold turkey on things. Not sure how that shock can effect the body. But we know it can effect someone psychologically. Which of course also impacts the mind,which can effect ph/acidity levels. Wouldnt hurt to get some at home ph testing strips for your saliva and urine. I think this could help you better monitor changes in your levels directly after eating and drinking certain things in real time :respect:
Since it was my cardiologist that found it
he went with medication first, if it did not lower , he was going to send me to my GP, to find the root cause

but he asked me to take it readings twice a day and send the results to his office weekly with notes
if the top gets lower than 100, he wants me to stop taking it immediately
My diet was trash right before my stress test and now that i have started diet change, its around 103 to 113 over 63 constantly
I start working out gain next week and if it drops like he said , he wants me to stop the meds and just monitor . if its fine for a month, that was it.
i can't eat like a pig and just work out, i have to do the full lifestyle change.
getting older sux- i cant just eat what i want and work out and think everything will be fine

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Everybody is built differently, you gotta play the card you were dealt with.

There’s nothing wrong with being on medication in addition to diet, sleep, no stress and exercise.

My blood pressure is fine but my A1c was damm near 11.5% during the pandemic and now is in the low 5.3%.

Got my blood work done last month, everything was good except my LDL cholesterol was elevated.

Now my goal is to go the Mediterranean diet for good, along with regular exercise. I have everything else in check.