Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

Daps
Helped out a lot of friends and family with these tips for blood pressure

1. Take short walks after meals. 10 minute
2. Lose weight to help lower blood pressure.
3. Make sure to sleep well; consider using a CPAP if needed.
4. Have cranberry juice (4oz daily) for iodine and eat 2 cups of fruit daily (oranges and strawberries preferred)
5. Salt your food to reach the right sodium intake.

(Salt alone isn’t the enemy, it’s sodium combined with the lack of potassium, hydration, magnesium, vitamin d3 etc that creates the problem)

6. Eat a carrot daily and other veggies you like.
7. Keep Vitamin D levels above 75 nmol/L.
8. Do resistance training 2x a week for 20-30 minutes.
9. Get daily calcium from whole fat Greek yogurt if there are no known dairy intolerance issues
10. Aim for 4700mg of potassium daily (see foods with potassium).
11. Include magnesium (400mg/day) from cooked spinach or sprouted almonds or supplement if necessary. It’s important.

Magnesium glycinate to be specific

Has anybody tried this yet?

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Had a spike on a routine stress test
Jumped to over 200/95.
The tech freaked out and called doctor.
Breh ran on there, like are you okay?
It was wild. They made me wait 30 mins and took it again and the shut was about normal like 128/74.

Made me buy a monitor- bicep cuff only. And put me on Lisinopril 10 mg once a day. But have the option to quit if it gets below 100. But need to keep them in the loop.

Made changes to diet.
Trying to find the right workout regime as well.

Oh. And I went on a trip to Mexico and got plane ankle. BP averaged 147/85 the entire week. Combination of the heat, drinking and smoking cigars.

First blood pressure result after getting back home was 113/68

dblive

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I'm taking 3 blood pressure medication and my blood pressure still high. :francis:
If you’re on 3 bp meds and it’s still elevated, your doctor isn’t doing the right testing. Get cardiac echo and you also should be screened for peripheral vascular disease. Carotid Doppler, abdominal ct to rule out an aortic aneurysm. Could also be a kidney issue.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
If you’re on 3 bp meds and it’s still elevated, your doctor isn’t doing the right testing. Get cardiac echo and you also should be screened for peripheral vascular disease. Carotid Doppler, abdominal ct to rule out an aortic aneurysm. Could also be a kidney issue.

Quality over quantity.

You hardly post but whenever you do it's gold :wow:

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
I took my blood test back in March and everything was normal except my a1c.

My a1c was 5.7 I'm sure it's normal now

Last edited: