Tips on high blood pressure? The bottom number is 3 digits which I've never had happen before

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I feel for you bruh

My entire family has high blood pressure. Not a weight thing, as I'm probably getting close to the best shape of my life, my dad has been in great shape since he joined the army at 18, grandparents are small, etc

Every single one of us has high blood pressure. I got diagnosed with it at like 23 and been dealing with it ever since. For a while I tried to keep it under control with food which worked but to keep it at the levels I wanted basically made me miserable. I went to a doctor and just talked to him and he prescribed me some medication and ever since then I've felt great. Dont have to eat bland food, or avoid certain things, and my numbers have been great.

Ive been on Amlodipine for a couple years now. Best decision ever.

I'm in a similar situation breh.

I wouldn't say I'm in GREAT shape, but I'm in decent shape and have never been overweight. And I eat okay. Still ended up with blood pressure problems in my 20s. Was the same for my dad. So knowing my family history I decided to just go ahead and get on meds.

Although I will admit I was drinking a lot in my 20s (although I didn't admit that to the doc) and that probably wasn't helping :francis: not to mention anxiety around doctors in general

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jesus christ!

You need to get perscribed meds now

Natural ways to lower it would be too lift weights cut out salt and ultra processed foods and drink a swig of vinegar and take baby aprinin
Please take the natural way whenever you can. Meds should always be the last option.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Change your diet ASAP:damn:

High blood pressure meds will give you more side effects that could lead to other diseases.

Change your whole diet before getting on any meds

Yup. I watched a video where a dude had HBP. Was told to go on meds and he said fukk that. He changed up his diet and recognized where the issues were. HBP went down. I'll try to find video

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Surprised you didn't have chest pains.

First, go to a physician and get some meds.

Also,
More Oats and Almonds.
Low/No sodium period.
More water, Less alcohol, and soda. (Sugary Drinks)
Lay off the pre-workout powder.
Less Red Meat.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup. I watched a video where a dude had HBP. Was told to go on meds and he said fukk that. He changed up his diet and recognized where the issues were. HBP went down. I'll try to find video
This is key, but people don't know how hard it is to do this.

I went to eat some KFC last night because that's what the people I was with wanted to eat. If you have Hypertension you can't eat bullshyt like that.

People don't realize how much the average salt and cholesterol they consume on a daily basis. No one would need meds If they ate right ALL THE TIME. The vast majority of anything eaten at standard restaurants and big Momma's house is slowly killing you.

No one would have Hyptertenstion if they didn't eat a ton of fried food and potato chips in the first place.

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is key, but people don't know how hard it is to do this.

I went to eat some KFC last night because that's what the people I was with wanted to eat. If you have Hypertension you can't eat bullshyt like that.

People don't realize how much the average salt and cholesterol they consume on a daily basis. No one would need meds If they ate right ALL THE TIME. The vast majority of anything eaten at standard restaurants and big Momma's house is slowly killing you.

No one would have Hyptertenstion if they didn't eat a ton of fried food and potato chips in the first place.

Yeah it's no more fast food for me. My dumbass has been door dashing consistently for a minute(had a rough, rough week last week and just felt helpless). Check the sodium count on your average meal...I can't do it anymore.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Let me foot stomp on this. If you eat clean you wouldn't have chronic illnesses like this in the first place.

But it's harder than it looks nikkas want to hit up KFC you look weird if you get a salad or nothing instead. I look crazy to some people simply because I don't eat pork.

nikkas be on weird timing won't take the Vaccine because that will kill ya but will go watch the game with an industrial sized bag of Fritos fried wings dumped in a ocean of seed oils and washed down with Hennessey and coke.

When nikkas say their great grandma eat pork and lived to be 90 what they don't say is that she lived on a Farm where she worked hard ( excercise) drank a lot of water ate Organic Non GMO locally sourced pork not Pork grown in a lab and slaughtered by Covid infected Mexicans in a plant 1000 miles away from you.

You could eat Wings all day as long as you excercised, ate vegatables drank water and cooked the wings in Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil.

The state of the Meat and how it's cooked is what kills you.