Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't understand the point being made here. We're all aware Erykah has a fanbase tinashe doesn't, badu came out in the 90s. You're comparing someone who came out 20+ years ago that had 6 albums out before the other person even came into the scene.

It's like comparing playboi carti to nas :heh:

1. nikkas have already pointed out that she wasn't saying that at all pages ago. I'm sure you're still ignoring it for hating purposes
2. Not saying that hasn't stopped any of them from catching a brick and it sure isn't making you buy their albums either :mjlol:

Moot point

Another moot point.

This has been a trend before the streaming era. No black female singer since Rihanna has become a superstar, period.

Why do you sound so salty and haterish over this :laff: Jesus nikka I'm not her manager.

only reason POP music was even brought up was because people tried to use her doing pop songs as a reason she isn't buzzin, as if 2 of the 3 black female superstars the last 15 years aint been making pop most of their career.

And yes she's on RCA, they love forcing cringey pop singles and EDM on their artists (example modern day chris brown and Usher).

You can't have it both ways. I didn't hear of this chick til 2 on, but from plenty of other comments on her from people who were fans in her mixtape days, her pop music is exactly why she's not buzzing. Not only did she not continue to build her original base, she shunned her base by dropping the generic 2 on...then the type of listener who likes 2 on type shyt isn't gonna be listening to EDM/pop. Do you not see how wave chasing isn't doing shyt for her "buzz", fanbase, or career? She's dabbling in so many lanes vs. building up one and bringing them with her to the next. It's nothing wrong with making pop music, but don't be mad when the fans who got you your deal don't follow because you're no longer delivering what they like.

You also keep talking about people commenting without listening to her music, artists aren't entitled to people digging thru all their music to figure out if they like them. She's dropped a lot of singles and if they aren't catching people's ear, why would they spend even more of their time researching her music if nothing has impressed them? :what:

Edit: i personally was ready to charge her to the one hit wonder game after 2 on, but that 50 page simp thread on her in the booth made me decide to pull up her album on spotify. She's got some dope songs and some that are horrible, but the thing about her music is I feel she's very replaceable on the tracks, someone else could easily drop their vocals on it and it wouldn't miss a beat. When bey dropped drunk in love and people immediately said they could hear rihanna ripping that track, that's the type of notoriety you want to build up to, people hearing a song and knowing it's yours and/or even imagining you doing someone else's song better

Last edited:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Where? I ain't never went to school with a mixed chick who wasn't easily accepted by black folks/women if they were trying to be around the black folks. This "not accepted" shyt is happening where? The south or some shyt cuz that's no where near the case on the coasts

TheColi is its own universe. I went to HS and college in the South and never heard someone say a mixed boy/girl who wanted to hang with Black folks couldn't. Now the HBCUs still had colorism problems in my time but that was Black folks of different shades and not necessarily mixed.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't have it both ways. I didn't hear of this chick til 2 on, but from plenty of other comments on her from people who were fans in her mixtape days, her pop music is exactly why she's not buzzing. Not only did she not continue to build her original base, she shunned her base by dropping the generic 2 on...then the type of listener who likes 2 on type shyt isn't gonna be listening to EDM/pop. Do you not see how wave chasing isn't doing shyt for her "buzz", fanbase, or career? She's dabbling in so many lanes vs. building up one and bringing them with her to the next. It's nothing wrong with making pop music, but don't be mad when the fans who got you your deal don't follow because you're no longer delivering what they like.
Never said I agree with her career moves, I been hating how she's been handled since she got signed. :hubie:the posts go way back. The pop songs are trash imo

I'm saying this whole "It's cause she made pop songs!" is a bullshyt cop out. Again 2 of the only 3 black female superstars make hella pop

The only thing is though, the pop shyt is literally only singles....Like 2. It isn't like the Weeknd where his sound became infused with pop. The entire amethyst tape is tinashe sound, no pop. None of Nightride is pop.

This is something you'd only know if you listened to her music tho:yeshrug:

You also keep talking about people commenting without listening to her music, artists aren't entitled to people digging thru all their music to figure out if they like them. She's dropped a lot of singles and if they aren't catching people's ear, why would they spend even more of their time researching her music if nothing has impressed them? :what:
That's all well and good till an 18 year old says lil uzi better than nas then admits he's only listened to a oochie wally:mjgrin:Are you a fan of Lil Yachty by any chance?

The point being, uninformed opinions make yourself look like a dumbass . If you don't wanna listen to something, cool nobody is stopping you. But nikkas are in here saying she's trash and making it blatantly obvious they never listened to her is lame. Hater shyt forreal

Have you ever thought the willingness to write off artists for lols helps contribute to how they're so disposable? We got a threads clowning snoop dogg and other legends for catching bricks

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
View media item 12443Here we go with the bullsh!t

Back in the early 2000s you had artists like Aaliyah, Ashanti, Mya, Amerie, etc

Let's not pretend like the landscape were 100% full of powerhouse singers.:aicmon:

Tinashe, zendaya, Justine Skye, sevyn streeter, kehlani, yuna, etc are just as talented as these artists that I named above that was around back in the early 00s. You saying it's about raw talent is false.

The fact is that outside of Beyonce & Rihanna nobody else is really shining like that & that's because of this perception that there can only be those two getting shine. The landscape is unbalanced.
:mjlol:Stop it slime, all them females was original in their lanes in that time. Times change and so do the sounds of music. And Beyonce been in the game for years and Rihanna ain't start really poppin off until good girl gone bad album. Every damn near one of those females struggled and put in work for their success. :heh:Her shyt fell flat and black folks ain't to blame for her failure.Plus Kehlani fanbase growing, Zendaya ain't really seen as much of a singer but more of a actress, Justine Skye and Sevyn need new promoters. The thing is you keep saying nobody shining but you talking internationally mainstream. Because best believe black folks know and bump all them females you named except that failing ass broad.:lolbron: You want them white people mainstream. Dont be mad at black folks for white not liking her shyt.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
You the one who decided to use disney as your platform, you the one who dabbled in pop music as your start, you the one who pretty much came too late in the game.

:yeshrug:
Exactly....make good music and black people will fukk wit u.......Alicia keys never had a problem, she might be mixed and if she ain't she still look it.:francis:

Truth is, when entertainers start blaming elements they can't change like skin color it's really them waving the white flag and begging the record label with excuses.......she coppin pleas:francis:

Daps
:mjlol:Stop it slime, all them females was original in their lanes in that time. Times change and so do the sounds of music. And Beyonce been in the game for years and Rihanna ain't start really poppin off until good girl gone bad album. Every damn near one of those females struggled and put in work for their success. :heh:Her shyt fell flat and black folks ain't to blame for her failure.Plus Kehlani fanbase growing, Zendaya ain't really seen as much of a singer but more of a actress, Justine Skye and Sevyn need new promoters. The thing is you keep saying nobody shining but you talking internationally mainstream. Because best believe black folks know and bump all them females you named except that failing ass broad.:lolbron: You want them white people mainstream. Dont be mad at black folks for white not liking her shyt.

The bold are pure Lies. A lot of them chicks were in the same lane. Only difference between then & now is that people actually put money into these artists.

I'm not talking about international success. I'm talking success period.:stopitslime:

A lot of people(black people in particular) need to start supporting these female r&b artists. Don't complain about the state of music if you ain't putting in the money to make a difference.:yeshrug:

You say black folks bumping they music, but the sales are saying something completely different.

This isn't some Tinashe problem, this is an issue in general.

Female r&b artists are flopping left & right.

The fact is nobody outside of Beyonce & Rihanna is shining like that. Whether you wanna dismiss as whatever else makes no difference.

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
The bold are pure Lies. A lot of them chicks were in the same lane. Only difference between then & now is that people actually put money into these artists.

I'm not talking about international success. I'm talking success period.:stopitslime:

A lot of people(black people in particular) need to start supporting these female r&b artists. Don't complain about the state of music if you ain't putting in the money to make a difference.:yeshrug:

You say black folks bumping they music, but the sales are saying something completely different.

This isn't some Tinashe problem, this is an issue in general.

Female r&b artists are flopping left & right.

The fact is nobody outside of Beyonce & Rihanna is shining like that. Whether you wanna dismiss as whatever else makes no difference.
:mjlol:All them females knew what their style was and did what works best for them. Plus those females was promoted right and had something folks wanted to see. Tinashe let her team promote her as something that she was not and folks saw right through the bullshyt. Ol girl was/isn't nothing special. And yes you are talking about international success and you ain't getting that without a white audience and clearly cacs wasnt feeling her much. I can say SWV was successful, but i will get hit with, "only with black folks" and most aint seeing that as just success.:yeshrug: And what Numbers? Black folks only count for 14% percent of the pop, subtract folks that dont listen to a type genre of music and there you go. We can put on the map to be as successful but can not make you the level of successfulness of that of Beyonce and Rihanna is now alone. These females are promoted heavily and have a good team, if im not mistaken the female artist out now are independent with shytty promotion. Their numbers are growing but they gonna need a better PR team to really see it.:yeshrug: Lastly get out of your feelings b, stop tryna blame us for the broad failure to succeed huge. She mediocre and missed the mark. Oh well.

Last edited:
Daps
:mjlol:All them females knew what their style was and did what works best for them.Plus those females was promoted right and had something folks wanted to see. Tinashe let her team promote her as something that she was not and folks saw right through the bullshyt. Ol girl was/isn't nothing special. And yes you are talking about international success and you ain't getting that without a white audience and clearly cacs wasnt feeling her much.:yeshrug: And what Numbers? Black folks only count for 14% percent of the pop, subtract folks that dont listen to a type genre of music and there you go. We can put on the map to be as successful but can not make you the level of successfulness of that of Beyonce and Rihanna is now alone. :yeshrug: Get out feelings, stop tryna blame us for the broad failure to succeed huge. She mediocre and missed the mark. Oh well.

I'm stating facts. The r&b scene is suffering the way it is because there's not enough support.

You keep saying Tinashe is mediocre, but the whole landscape is off. This isn't an individual case cuz the same problem can be applied to several others.

Black people were the ones supporting r&b the most back then. Don't make excuses now.:martin:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
TheColi is its own universe. I went to HS and college in the South and never heard someone say a mixed boy/girl who wanted to hang with Black folks couldn't. Now the HBCUs still had colorism problems in my time but that was Black folks of different shades and not necessarily mixed.

Odd. Youre saying Black people more likely to have infighting, than fights with mixed people.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Where? I ain't never went to school with a mixed chick who wasn't easily accepted by black folks/women if they were trying to be around the black folks. This "not accepted" shyt is happening where? The south or some shyt cuz that's no where near the case on the coasts

I never said they won't accepted I said they don't get the same acceptance as biracial men.