Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
She's fine but not unique-looking. She looks like Karrauche. She doesn't look like a star. She looks like a cute girl who says she sings.

I feel where you coming.

Tinashe looks like the type of woman I'd wanna bring home to my parents and introduce them to her tho. She just got that "around the way" look about her.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Like i said in the booth thread...black people accepted alicia keys, mya, Amerie, jhene aiko, faith Evans, blu Cantrell, keke wayatt, even fukking Mariah Carey...yet you being mixed is why you can't get on with the black community? :usure:

Now the debate of the whole rih/bey thing is a conversation worth having, but it's one that's above the pay grade of the listener, these record execs decided black females aren't needed in the industry

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Erykah has an amazing fanbase 20 years later
her fans are cultlike like the hive or the navy
just saw her in concert recently, amazing show

this chick doesnt have a fanbase like that

I don't understand the point being made here. We're all aware Erykah has a fanbase tinashe doesn't, badu came out in the 90s. You're comparing someone who came out 20+ years ago that had 6 albums out before the other person even came into the scene.

It's like comparing playboi carti to nas :heh:
Did any of these people pop up talking about "black people don't accept me...that's why".

1. nikkas have already pointed out that she wasn't saying that at all pages ago. I'm sure you're still ignoring it for hating purposes
2. Not saying that hasn't stopped any of them from catching a brick and it sure isn't making you buy their albums either :mjlol:

Moot point
And do you understand that people are streaming as well?
Another moot point.

This has been a trend before the streaming era. No black female singer since Rihanna has become a superstar, period.

Also, have you been skipping over the fact that she tried to cross over into other stuff like EDM and POP and she flopped there too? Anymore excuses?

Why do you sound so salty and haterish over this :laff: Jesus nikka I'm not her manager.

only reason POP music was even brought up was because people tried to use her doing pop songs as a reason she isn't buzzin, as if 2 of the 3 black female superstars the last 15 years aint been making pop most of their career.

And yes she's on RCA, they love forcing cringey pop singles and EDM on their artists (example modern day chris brown and Usher).

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: flo

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Biracial women don't get the same acceptance as biracial men. Many of them stuggle with trying to get acceptance from black women.
Where? I ain't never went to school with a mixed chick who wasn't easily accepted by black folks/women if they were trying to be around the black folks. This "not accepted" shyt is happening where? The south or some shyt cuz that's no where near the case on the coasts

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
You mean like the numerous acts from back then who also can't make it now?

Usher just sold 20k or some shyt. Times are different
Most people don't last 20 years in the industry. :what: You lucky to get a 4 year run. They had their hits and died out. This bytch can't even get one break through hit in a trash music era. :mjlol:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
She's got a white girl body, so nikkaz don't give a f*ck

She's got a white girl vibe, so black women don't give a f*ck

She's black and an average talent, so CACs don't give a f*ck

She's finding out the hard way she just a regular chick :francis: She cute though she'll be alright :obama:

Daps
Reppin
#TEAMSTRICKLAND
She's got a white girl body, so nikkaz don't give a f*ck

She's got a white girl vibe, so black women don't give a f*ck

She's black and an average talent, so CACs don't give a f*ck

She's finding out the hard way she just a regular chick :francis: She cute though she'll be alright :obama:

yeah bruh this girl is on some taylor swift/avril lavigne pink bubblegum commercial pop music shyt :mjlol: aint no black woman checking for her. And them CACs will listen to the original cacettes instead of the bootleg imitation.

I'd still fukk her too. She got a nice lil body :manny:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Most people don't last 20 years in the industry. :what: You lucky to get a 4 year run. They had their hits and died out. This bytch can't even get one break through hit in a trash music era. :mjlol:
2 on was a wildly successful song but do you tho bruh