Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
SERIOUSLY.

When I read people say that, I wonder if they were actually old enough to know what it was actually like 15-20 years ago.

:snoop:

She would of been Tweet/Jojo/Crystal status 15-20 years ago.

:salute:exactly, barely a one hit wonder

and that poster replied with da fukkery of her being similar to janet jackson

:snoop:i'm still waiting for him to post these so called songs sounding like JJ

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
She's right. I don't accept her. I hope she can find a way to accept that and move on.
I don't see her lasting too long in the music industry at this point if she's going to get mad and depressed that people don't like her or her music. One of the signs of maturity is acknowledging that not everyone is going to like you. I guess that rich girl entitlement got to her head and made her think she can guilt trip and shame us and others into supporting her mediocre music. Which is beyond immature.

Daps
Nevermind the fact that there's just nothing special about her. Nevermind the fact that she's no different from any other trashy female musician/probably trashier with that above pic. Blaming your failures in the industry on "not being black enough", will go nowhere.

Kind of off subject, but it's more clear than anything that she's been to the casting couch, and had to fukk the right people to even get noticed and put on.

I wouldn't throw $5 at this bytch...

Daps
All these dude's making excuses. Her music is trash, whenever your music is trash we tend to notice the rest of your flaws. When your music is HOT we give a pass to all the bullshyt, why do you think Chris Brown is still accepted despite fukking up time after time?

The Reason there is only a Beyonce, Rihanna lane is because nobody else is innovating or adding to the game. But nope it's cuz she exotic which is bullshyt cuz women liked Amerie, Jhene Aiko etc.

Yup... And Amerie made good music, had style and a swag about her... And fine as a muthafukka :ohlawd:

Daps
She right to a certain extent.

I seen some black women hate on her for no legit reason other than her looks.

It is true that there seems to be just Beyonce & Rihanna then everybody else. :yeshrug:

It's unfortunate considering she really is a talented artist/performer.:francis:

With all due respect, I have never heard any black woman mention Tinashe. I rarely even hear Tinashe be mentioned on social media

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
She really means that black community just don't care about her music

She's not even that fine but most darkskin nikkas I know thinks she is

She needs to find her lane and make music instead of being a fake Beyonce or Ciara clone.

Joe budden was right... Get to the music and develop yourself as an artist

Daps
But look at someone like Janelle Monae, who is talented, but has not been able to take off musically.

But to Monae's benefit, she has a unique image, and a style that makes her stand out. Monae really didn't need to go mainstream either. She already had a strong indie fanbase, and has had one for years.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I think RCA has had a major hand in how her career has been handled.

Changing the direction of her music to the point where she doesn't even have a musical identity anymore & pressuring her to be more raunchy.

Just a terrible label.
You think the same thing might happen to SZA since she just signed with them?

Daps
You think the same thing might happen to SZA since she just signed with them?

I think it's possible.

With Tinashe she already had a fan base with her mixtapes & funding her own music videos.

Rca steps in & they catering to just about everybody, but the people that were rocking with her from the beginning.

RCA don't even know how to promote albums.

Just look at miguel for example.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I think it's possible.

With Tinashe she already had a fan base with her mixtapes & funding her own music videos.

Rca steps in & they catering to just about everybody, but the people that were rocking with her from the beginning.

RCA don't even know how to promote albums.

Just look at miguel for example.
Damn didn't know Miguel was with RCA. :ohhh: Haven't seen anything from him promotion wise in a long mintue. :wow: He still making music?