Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Odd. Youre saying Black people more likely to have infighting, than fights with mixed people.

Well to clarify, colorism fights (which can include mixed and/or light skinned Blacks with Black parents) were a more overarching cause of tension overall than whether someone is mixed. Mixed people got sucked into this sometime but mostly because of their complexion, not their status as mixed Black people. The rise of an 'only mixed' identity is pretty recent here in the US unlike Latin America or Europe so typically if a mixed person identified as Black everyone was like :yeshrug:regarding them being mixed and most mixed people who grew up in at least partially Black communities or accepted their Black identity didn't shyt on Blacks. Not sure if it is the same in the youngest generation but growing up in 80s/90s that was my experience.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I never said they won't accepted I said they don't get the same acceptance as biracial men.
That's never been the case either. I've never seen this mixed people aren't black shyt outside the coli. If you was mixed but hung with black people, you were black. shyt, even if you hung with white people you was black, just a sellout lol. shyt was pretty simple

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I know the answer why she and other women don't blow up, but other do.

Nothing to do with race/skin color.
AfsRvEfI2NWy4.gif

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
yeah bruh this girl is on some taylor swift/avril lavigne pink bubblegum commercial pop music shyt :mjlol: aint no black woman checking for her. And them CACs will listen to the original cacettes instead of the bootleg imitation.

I'd still fukk her too. She got a nice lil body :manny:
Guess she'll be okay then :mjlol:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:francis:

why do people say shyt like this ; the sound from 15-20 years ago is damn near completely different
SERIOUSLY.

When I read people say that, I wonder if they were actually old enough to know what it was actually like 15-20 years ago.

:snoop:

She would of been Tweet/Jojo/Crystal status 15-20 years ago.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
There was more variety in music 15-20 years ago. Multiple artists of all genres were shining.
EXACTLY.
People still bought music on CD.
Music stores were still open.
MTV and radio play still mattered.
Big time record labels were willing to sign anything and everything to see a profit cause that was the music industry's biggest growth period between 1997-2003.
And she still would of been lost in the sauce or barely stood out back then because quality still mattered more than quantity./
Boo hoo. If she was more popular with white people she wouldnt give a shyt about how black people feel. But some mixed people especially the women, have always been treated superior to black people. Like guys go crazy over the mixed girls and even light skin, curly hair chicks. So much to the point where chicks feel entitled to praise. Tinashe almost has the checklist checked off for sucess. Mixed, curly hair, mediocre singing but can dance. The only thing is she doesnt have a big butt. She has the white woman big boobs, flat ass thing she inherited from her mother. If she had a bigger booty it would make her more sucessful. But I think she's not that serious about her craft, because I hear more about her fukking old white execs and Calvin Harris, then her music.
She's not popular with white people.
She's not popular with black people.
And she alienated the few black people that actually supported her career with these comments./
Also, have you been skipping over the fact that she tried to cross over into other stuff like EDM and POP and she flopped there too? Anymore excuses?
She is just a trash artist. End of story. I'm sick of A&Rs trying to shove her down our throats.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
EXACTLY.
People still bought music on CD.
Music stores were still open.
MTV and radio play still mattered.
Big time record labels were willing to sign anything and everything to see a profit cause that was the music industry's biggest growth period between 1997-2003.
And she still would of been lost in the sauce or barely stood out back then because quality still mattered more than quantity.

I don't think folks truly understand how much the internet and computers changed how we consume music.

The late 90s going into the 2000s, the music industry was still flush with cash money, from selling CD reissues of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Elvis, etc.

The boy band/Top 40 pop/MTV TRL and BET 106 & Park era was dominant.

The storm of Napster and free downloading/YouTube had not arrived yet. Once it did show up, though, things were never the same.

Tinashe's music and image are not meant for me, but I can still see that she is severely limited.

But look at someone like Janelle Monae, who is talented, but has not been able to take off musically.

The music economic structure in the past that could launch Martha Reeves, Gwen Guthrie, Me'Lisa Morgan, Patrice Rushen, Stephanie Mills, Erykah Badu, Miki Howard, Vesta, Mary J. Blige, Missy Elliottl, etc., no longer exists.

Its either iHeart white female fan base love, or forget it.