Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Rihanna is talentless.

Please you don't have to be innovative to be at least given a chance.

She didn't say it was because she was mixed. The part of the article where she discusses being mixed is unrelated to the part about the industry.

Tinashe is talentless and looks better than Rihanna. So why does Rihanna have the upper hand?

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
She has the same problem as Rich Homie Quan

They both had crossover pop hits but neither had any other pop hits to follow up those tracks with

I still listen to 2 On(the original, no Drake) it's still a dope song

Daps
:pachaha:Either confusion or bullshyt running deep.

:what: That's because them females actually had raw talent. Was nobody fukking with folks that couldn't really sing back then b. The broad actually got it easier now than then. All you have to do is have a hard ass beat and pretty face and she couldn't even succeed at that. :heh:Ain't our fault ol girl a failure. She thought enough black folks was gonna put her on a pedestal because she mixed. When all muthafukkas response was :smugdraper: "When that hoe taking her clothes off?" "She not?" ":camby:Throw that shytty ass music the trash".
:pachaha: Yall keep thinking these mixed folks dont know they carry some privileges in the black community..

View media item 12443Here we go with the bullsh!t

Back in the early 2000s you had artists like Aaliyah, Ashanti, Mya, Amerie, etc

Let's not pretend like the landscape were 100% full of powerhouse singers.:aicmon:

Tinashe, zendaya, Justine Skye, sevyn streeter, kehlani, yuna, etc are just as talented as these artists that I named above that was around back in the early 00s. You saying it's about raw talent is false.

The fact is that outside of Beyonce & Rihanna nobody else is really shining like that & that's because of this perception that there can only be those two getting shine. The landscape is unbalanced.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
adding on to the list. The one huge omission.
"black people don't accept mixed artists"
"it's only Beyoncé and Rihanna"

1280_alicia_keys2-491472934.jpg

Another artist that came out a decade ago that struggles for 100k today

Yall are so funny trying to discredit her on some "Well what about _____ ______ or _____"

Most of the people being named came out a decade ago or caught a brick present day. :mjlol: further proving her point.

nikkas have mentioned:

Jill scott: Decades old and her last album bricked
Jazmine Sullivan = Last album bricked harder than Tinashe's free mixtape
Erykah Badu :heh: = came out over 20 years ago :laff:
Jhene Aiko = Did a co-album with big sean, still bricked while his solo is plat.
Ciara = Can't get a release date
Fantasia =Came out a decade ago, Bricked

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Music was consumed and purchased differently.
I know but obviously something needs to change. People say all these artists are doing well off of touring and other shyt but they get dissed and forgotten of they don't sell records. I'm sure Tinashe is touring or at least doing shows but obviously that's not enough for her.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Faith made it
Keke Wyatt made it (even after being batshyt crazy)
Mariah Carey Made it

She is on Cassie's level .... neither of them bring much to the microphone

Cassie is exactly who i think of when i think of this chick.
Id say 95% of us know somebody at church or that we went to hs with that sings better than her.

she should just do like Cassie and try to get chose by a bigshot and enjoy the rest of her life.
:yeshrug:

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps

Yall are so funny trying to discredit her on some "Well what about _____ ______ or _____"

Most of the people being named came out a decade ago or caught a brick present day. :mjlol: further proving her point.

nikkas have mentioned:

Jhene Aiko = Did a co-album with big sean, still bricked while his solo is plat.

Erykah has an amazing fanbase 20 years later
her fans are cultlike like the hive or the navy
just saw her in concert recently, amazing show

this chick doesnt have a fanbase like that

MysticMonroe

All Star
Daps
Boo hoo. If she was more popular with white people she wouldnt give a shyt about how black people feel. But some mixed people especially the women, have always been treated superior to black people. Like guys go crazy over the mixed girls and even light skin, curly hair chicks. So much to the point where chicks feel entitled to praise. Tinashe almost has the checklist checked off for sucess. Mixed, curly hair, mediocre singing but can dance. The only thing is she doesnt have a big butt. She has the white woman big boobs, flat ass thing she inherited from her mother. If she had a bigger booty it would make her more sucessful. But I think she's not that serious about her craft, because I hear more about her fukking old white execs and Calvin Harris, then her music.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

nikkas have mentioned:

Did any of these people pop up talking about "black people don't accept me...that's why".

And do you understand that people are streaming as well?

Also, have you been skipping over the fact that she tried to cross over into other stuff like EDM and POP and she flopped there too? Anymore excuses?

Daps
This thread is highkey disrespectful.:beli:

People calling Tinashe talentless like she isn't capable of writing, producing, singing, & dancing. Comparing her to bums like cassie:smh:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
nikkas gon be mad when I say this, but Tinashe as far as looks go >>>>>>>>> both Beyonce' and Rihanna.

tinashe-1475180909-compressed.jpg

tinashe.jpg

tinashe-kachingwe-at-mtv-video-music-awards_2.jpg

gallery-1467021354-tinashe-bet-awards-2016-01.jpg

Tinashe:-BET-Awards-2016--01.jpg

Tinashe:-BET-Awards-2016--06.jpg

FFN_RIJ_BET2016_062616_52105201.jpg

CmAf5RMWkAET3rc.jpg
She's fine but not unique-looking. She looks like Karrauche. She doesn't look like a star. She looks like a cute girl who says she sings.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif
:russ::lolbron::mjlol:

Tinashe was COMPETITION for BEYONCE?!?!

IN WHAT UNIVERSE :why:
:mjgrin:
Of course, Tinashe ain't no rival to her. I don't really know any of her songs.
I'm saying Beyonce industry is culturally savy, smart, and powerful in contrast to Tinashe.
Beyonce had her pops to show her the game, and I doubt Tinashe has the same cut-throat educatoin in her back-ground.

Did you stop at that part immediately? parralax got my point.