Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
She's wrong to blame the black community but she's not far from the mark in pointing to Beyonce and Rihanna. Do people really believe our people are so lacking in talent that only Rihanna and Beyonce can stay at the top?

If my business is in pulling the strings of influential people to control a group, I am going to want a select few with mass appeal. It diminishes the chances of the individual getting bright ideas on what to do with their influence, it is cheaper to pay fewer individual and dragging one person's name through the mud stands out less than dragging 10 people's names. With that in mind, I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure a select few individuals retain that mass appeal. What I would do is ensure my puppets get the most coverage, give them the best production and clip the wrings of those with potential.

People like Tinashe get scouted and sold dreams. They get forced down a path that alienates them and stifles their potential. When they start to question what's up, they get fed stories on how she doesn't have the appeal to make certain options work because the black community won't support them. Unfortunately they end up believing the lies they are told.

In a way I don't feel sorry for them. It's harsh but too many of them are looking for a quick way to the top. Wouldn't think to work with grass root promoter, their friend with a ear for sound, or their cousin who graduated in law.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So why are people like Kehlani, Jhene Aiko, etc. more successful? It's just a wild corny excuse for her lack of success.
Their "success" is not even in the stratosphere of Rih and Beyonce. None of them break 100k, them doing half that is "success". Thats the point
You're not making sense if you are signed to a label in these days chances are you had a mixtape or SoundCloud buzz just to justify their attention. Nobody cares about "outside stuff" the label wants to see a return on their investment flat out. Joe Budden whole career would have went differently if he was able to craft hits but he was incapable of doing so...Dollars & Sense...make hits and you run the building fail to make hits and you'll be shown the door
Look I get all that but you're still missing the point.You're just writing her off. Her second album isn't out yet. By label standards she got a plat with 2 on and a gold with that song with chance. Her first album did the same type of numbers as playboi carti (actually more)and nobody is considering him a failure.

You don't listen to her music and want to close the book on her entire career :manny: that's cool but don't blame the artistry

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I had to google. Oh its a coloured. :heh:

"accept me" ask for acceptance in the coloured community you stupid fool.

isisleo86

All Star
Daps
I've listened to her stuff, some of it I like, others is meh! She's ok, she has some dancing talent. A lot of her hard-core fans say they liked her music when she was independent but hate her newer pop stuff. They feel her image has changed and don't care for it.

To me she seems try hard, like that photo with the toilet, Beyoncé would never do that. Some things you say no to, to protect your image, Tinashe seems like she'll do anything to gain any sort of buzz she can, it shows.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's all been a big misunderstanding folks. :mjgrin:

:picard:

It is tho lol...OP got his blurb from a gossip site :heh:

Tinashe: 'If you’re a black singer, you’re either Beyonce or Rihanna'

She is also calling bullshyt on the idea, perpetuated recently by warring Twitter fan-tribes, that there’s only room for a couple of successful black female artists at any given time. “Recently, my cousin was with a friend of a friend, who was in high school, and she was like: ‘I’m a fan of Kehlani,’ but in a way that was like, ‘So I can’t be a fan of Tinashe, too.’ Then my friend posed the question, ‘Why not be a fan of both?’ It’s kind of like sport; people feel like they have to pick a side.” Suddenly she springs forward, her default laid-back demeanour temporarily out of the window. “There are hundreds of [male] rappers that all look the same, that sound the same, but if you’re a black woman, you’re either Beyoncé or Rihanna. It’s very, very strange.”

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Backing singers ... Tinashe performs with Britney Spears in December 2016. Photograph: Kevin Winter/Getty Images/iHeartMedia
Ciara – another all-round performer with a handful of stone-cold bangers – has suffered similarly through comparison, I suggest. “I’d agree,” she nods. “It felt like they almost had to sacrifice someone because there wasn’t enough room, which isn’t true. Ciara’s an amazing artist, Beyoncé’s an amazing artist, Rihanna’s an amazing artist, and they’re all very different!”

Tinashe’s mixed-race heritage, which was used “as another example of why I was different” during those difficult school years, also remains an issue. “There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.” A shrug. “I am what I am.”
it's so funny to see this media burial happen in real time.That shyt is mad out of context, you can tell just from reading it. People were looking for their reason to hate her and latched on as soon as they got it.

Since I know facts are ineffective in 2017, here is tariq nasheed saying it's a misunderstanding.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It is tho lol...OP got his blurb from a gossip site :heh:

Tinashe: 'If you’re a black singer, you’re either Beyonce or Rihanna'

She is also calling bullshyt on the idea, perpetuated recently by warring Twitter fan-tribes, that there’s only room for a couple of successful black female artists at any given time. “Recently, my cousin was with a friend of a friend, who was in high school, and she was like: ‘I’m a fan of Kehlani,’ but in a way that was like, ‘So I can’t be a fan of Tinashe, too.’ Then my friend posed the question, ‘Why not be a fan of both?’ It’s kind of like sport; people feel like they have to pick a side.” Suddenly she springs forward, her default laid-back demeanour temporarily out of the window. “There are hundreds of [male] rappers that all look the same, that sound the same, but if you’re a black woman, you’re either Beyoncé or Rihanna. It’s very, very strange.”

FacebookTwitterPinterest
Backing singers ... Tinashe performs with Britney Spears in December 2016. Photograph: Kevin Winter/Getty Images/iHeartMedia
Ciara – another all-round performer with a handful of stone-cold bangers – has suffered similarly through comparison, I suggest. “I’d agree,” she nods. “It felt like they almost had to sacrifice someone because there wasn’t enough room, which isn’t true. Ciara’s an amazing artist, Beyoncé’s an amazing artist, Rihanna’s an amazing artist, and they’re all very different!”

Tinashe’s mixed-race heritage, which was used “as another example of why I was different” during those difficult school years, also remains an issue. “There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.” A shrug. “I am what I am.”
it's so funny to see this media burial happen in real time.That shyt is mad out of context, you can tell just from reading it. People were looking for their reason to hate her and latched on as soon as they got it.

Since I know facts are ineffective in 2017, here is tariq nasheed saying it's a misunderstanding.

doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about and I agree nicki was a high school phase for most women I know :manny:

Sza been out over half a decade and is still considered a new artist lol.

Tinashe had a buzz from her mixtapes so it aint a one hit wonder situation, the label invested in her. It's a difference between someone being a one hit wonder cause of a gimmick and somebody with talent/good music not having a career cause of outside stuff. Her career is looking like rnb joe budden

This is true. image is really all that dictates this

Funny thing is the bold is exactly tinashe in and out her music, it's just the modern cali girl way. Only difference is Kelani looks the part with the fugly tats and dingy hipster style
Edit:

You don't listen to her music.

Same sound, it's the reason I fukk with her. :ehh: most of her non-single songs are like this

Honestly this sounds like a issue we should let the females handle. I listened to her music before. It's aight. Maybe you got a point though.

Daps
Their "success" is not even in the stratosphere of Rih and Beyonce. None of them break 100k, them doing half that is "success". Thats the point

Look I get all that but you're still missing the point.You're just writing her off. Her second album isn't out yet. By label standards she got a plat with 2 on and a gold with that song with chance. Her first album did the same type of numbers as playboi carti (actually more)and nobody is considering him a failure.

You don't listen to her music and want to close the book on her entire career :manny: that's cool but don't blame the artistry

Na I can care less about the artistry and frankly the labels don't care either. All they want to do is squeeze the blood out of the turnip...Keef earned, Trinidad earned, kreayshawn earned but the moment they failed to earn on a continuous level that justified the labels promo they were shown the door. She has been afforded more chances than most but hasn't delivered anything concrete sales wise. These labels will dig you into a deeper hole financially for the sake of them saving face with your project but will never put it out if they feel interest doesn't warrant release (ie Nicole Schriwinzinger or whatever)

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
She is just a whiney Byatch ...

Earlier this year she was byatching on Instagram about her fans not supporting her single

This video tells you all you need to know about her.

She REALLY wants a Grammy. That is what she said she is trying to GET.

Now replace "a Grammy" with white validation. She is doing this for white acceptance and validation and nothing else.

She don't give a fukk about black people. We never even knew who she was.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think the point is that she along with a lot of others aren't really given a chance to shine because there's this weird perception that Beyonce & Rihanna are the only ones that can matter.

It really wasn't like this back in the early-mid 00s & the 90s.
It wasnt that hard for anyone back then. If you had talent, you were putting out music that was making millions. Thats not the case now. The overhead is significantly lower for rappers and the return is bigger on avg because hiphop has crossed over as a genre. The money it costs to market a RnB singer of anykind, especially a woman cost more and returns less. Not to mention that rappers often come with an established fanbase thats considerably more grassroot. Rappers are cutting albums in a basement on iphones with low level productions. Singers need more and it cost more and its riskier. Rappers dont need a studio. They dont need engineers. They don;t need a record deal to make content that people will consume. They put out mixtapes and etc. RnB artists need ALL that to make content. She may have a point, but that one in particular wasnt it.
Plus....maybe people just don't fukk with her like that. :yeshrug:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Na I can care less about the artistry and frankly the labels don't care either. All they want to do is squeeze the blood out of the turnip...Keef earned, Trinidad earned, kreayshawn earned but the moment they failed to earn on a continuous level that justified the labels promo they were shown the door. She has been afforded more chances than most but hasn't delivered anything concrete sales wise. These labels will dig you into a deeper hole financially for the sake of them saving face with your project but will never put it out if they feel interest doesn't warrant release (ie Nicole Schriwinzinger or whatever)

Man that first sentence alone is worth disregarding everything else you write

On top of that you pick the WOAT examples....Kreyshawn= gimmick, TJames = gimmick, Chief Keef =short term
wave/gimmick. And he pretty much got himself dropped not showing up to his own video shoots and gettin locked up :dead:
Honestly this sounds like a issue we should let the females handle. I listened to her music before. It's aight. Maybe you got a point though.
:salute:

I'mma just support good music and the artists that make them. It's just women are the biggest consumers of music it makes no sense how female artists drown like this. Chicks would rather spend their money to hear future take shots at his baby mommas than music marketed for them. It's weird.

Last edited:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
She right to a certain extent.

I seen some black women hate on her for no legit reason other than her looks.

It is true that there seems to be just Beyonce & Rihanna then everybody else. :yeshrug:

It's unfortunate considering she really is a talented artist/performer.:francis:

Her marketing crew has failed her
She has a little girl look but tries too hard to look sexy but has a little girl build..she needed to change her style until she grew a shape

Beyonce had grown women build when she first came out so her sex appeal came easy

Rihanna grew into her sex appeal but was smart enough to match her looks with her style of music until she grew into her women shaped body and then pushed her sex appeal hard!!!

Tinnasha is trying to force it, and no one is buying it.