Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Daps
Never use the word objectivity again bro, by all objective standards you're a hater.

The fact that she's even releasing a 2nd album makes her bigger than those three, never mind the plaques she has that Tjames and fukkin kreyshawn dont

You already showed your true colors with the fukk artistry statement, why would I take you seriously when you follow that up with name dropping Kreyshawn and Trindad James afterward? :skip: beat it

:hubie: :beli:I'm sorry that you don't like the color of the sky lil homie

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Tinashe from Calabasas. Typical poor little rich girl. She probly better off trying to sound like a becky cause that would be keeping it real for her.

As fine as she is, her blacc persona comes off like cos-play. No amount of features with major artists of the moment will disguise the fact that she ain't grow up like that.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
bruh, i didnt even catch that. she's clearly talking bout a cac :snoop: my mistake
nah I wasn't even comin at you like that. I was just pointing out that she's terrified to actually say white people did something to her out loud, but she'll talk about black people like it's nothing.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah I wasn't even comin at you like that. I was just pointing out that she's terrified to actually say white people did something to her out loud, but she'll talk about black people like it's nothing.
no, i know but i misread her tweet. shes implying a non-black kid bushed her for dating "black girls"

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Exactly, the Black Water mixtape was her best work. I remember not hearing from her for a minute after it dropped and then I her heard on the radio and went :what: She changed it up, it didn't work and now she's crying.

In Case We Die was classic imo and my fav..... Shorty made her Albums in her bedroom..... :ohlawd:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

A decade ago you had Mya, Amerie, Ashanti, Cassie, etc... who couldn't sing a lick but got on purely on looks. I'm not seeing that too much now in urban music, at least not to the point where the music actually sells.

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
“There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.”
That colorism has benefited her though. Amongst some black demographics and definitely in the mainstream. She's not even top of the list of black female artists that should have better careers. :yeshrug:
There are a number of mixed race female artists that are popular in "the black music industry ". Maybe some of it is more specific to her situation.:ehh:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
tinashe-dazed-3.jpg
I'll never forget this.

She is just a whiney Byatch ...

Earlier this year she was byatching on Instagram about her fans not supporting her single

One of my good friends was all about supporting her and she really wanted her to win, but she started to dislike her when she started going on instagram and snapchat to rant. I still have her mixtapes and I like them, but other than that idrc to hear anything from her mainstream work.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm black, and I luh her. :noah:

But she messed up here, b/c most ppl who just see her don't know her story of having white/black parents.

She looks like a Black girl.

I'm glad she self identifies as Black tho.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
A decade ago you had Mya, Amerie, Ashanti, Cassie, etc... who couldn't sing a lick but got on purely on looks. I'm not seeing that too much now in urban music, at least not to the point where the music actually sells.

amerie can sing though, in fact, i prefer her over the chicks at the top now. the idea that she cant sing is fukking crazy

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Kind of an industry open-secret:
Beyonce and her team low-key been making sure she don't have any competition for a long ass time.
Wouldn't be surprised if Bey-hive was more than just avg chicks like it seems.

If you want proof: Keri Hilson's career. Dumb move to go after B tho. Nicki Minaj be doing the same shyt too.

Politics.