Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You dudes are like girls. I suspect that a lot of you dudes are homosexuals. Just catty for no reason. I haven't heard one song from this chic and as grown man there's really no reason for you to have heard one either.

“There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.”

^^^You can not like this chic, her music or whatever but you can't deny that the quote above is true without being a liar.
There's colorism in all non white communities, and while i've never listened to her music it doesn't make you less of a man to like female singers. You sounding like a try hard with that comment.

Daps
lol @ how many people rush in to call her music trash and lowkey admit they've never listened to it at the same time.

Proving her point :whistle:

I wonder has it ever occurred to her that maybe "2 On" was all it was supposed to be...Plenty of 1 hit wonders had to make peace with it. The real question is how is she continuously getting all these videos, promo and placement when other people would have been dropped already

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The coli and the tired "bitter, jealous,etc. dark-skinned black woman" narrative :wtb:

She doesn't even have enough exposure for anybody to hate on her like that. And I remember liking a couple of songs and she's pretty, but everytime I hear about her, she's ranting and raving on social media or giving interviews trying to force people to support her. It's her fault her fan base isn't expanding, not because of the imaginary evil black women trying to take her down. And like someone else said, if black woman really hated lightskinned/mixed woman, we wouldn't love Beyoncé and Rihanna, Jhene Aiko, etc. as a whole.

So it's safe to say she's the female version of Wale?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I wouldnt say accept.

She doesn't connect with these girls/women.

Tinashe grew up a stage child in LA....She doesnt have the NYC Attitude/Bad bytch thing Nicki has. She doesnt have female empowerment embodied, demi-goddess aura of B. Doesnt have the bad girl bad bytch thing Rih has. Doesnt have the "relatable girl who likes to smoke weed and listen to trap" thing Kehlani has.

And even worse she doesnt have a sound either.

Arianna Grande and Selena Gomez might be more accepted than her with black folks because they both found their sound/image and have remained consistent.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading through the replies it doesn't seem like any of you understand what she's saying, and just being hostile towards her for being biracial.

I think the point is that she along with a lot of others aren't really given a chance to shine because there's this weird perception that Beyonce & Rihanna are the only ones that can matter.

It really wasn't like this back in the early-mid 00s & the 90s.

He gets it.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
There's colorism in all non white communities, and while i've never listened to her music it doesn't make you less of a man to like female singers. You sounding like a try hard with that comment.
You come across like a bytch with the sneaky way you misrepresented what I said. I didn't say that it makes a male less of a man to listen to female singers you lying ass bytch. I said that there's no reason that a grown man should be listening to this chic. :heh: at you accusing me of trying too hard as you deliberately twist my words just to have something sassy to say. You should be open-palmed for that.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She like many other people in the generation y and z group are going to get that wake up call when they find out that social media doesn't equal reality. She must have thought she was going to succeed because of illegal downloads. Her voice and music is not worth buying. She just sucks

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nicki sold BECAUSE she was being a weirdo. She was trying to be black lady Gaga. I don't know many grown ass black people listening to Nicki like that
doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about and I agree nicki was a high school phase for most women I know :manny:
I wonder has it ever occurred to her that maybe "2 On" was all it was supposed to be...Plenty of 1 hit wonders had to make peace with it. The real question is how is she continuously getting all these videos, promo and placement when other people would have been dropped already
Sza been out over half a decade and is still considered a new artist lol.

Tinashe had a buzz from her mixtapes so it aint a one hit wonder situation, the label invested in her. It's a difference between someone being a one hit wonder cause of a gimmick and somebody with talent/good music not having a career cause of outside stuff. Her career is looking like rnb joe budden

I wouldnt say accept.

She doesn't connect with these girls/women.

Tinashe grew up a stage child in LA....She doesnt have the NYC Attitude/Bad bytch thing Nicki has. She doesnt have female empowerment embodied, demi-goddess aura of B. Doesnt have the bad girl bad bytch thing Rih has. Doesnt have the "relatable girl who likes to smoke weed and listen to trap" thing Kehlani has.

This is true. image is really all that dictates this

Funny thing is the bold is exactly tinashe in and out her music, it's just the modern cali girl way. Only difference is Kelani looks the part with the fugly tats and dingy hipster style
Edit:
And even worse she doesnt have a sound either.

You don't listen to her music.

Same sound, it's the reason I fukk with her. :ehh: most of her non-single songs are like this

Last edited:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about and I agree nicki was a high school phase for most women I know :manny:

Tinashe had a buzz from her mixtapes so it aint a one hit wonder situation, the label invested in her. It's a difference between someone being a one hit wonder cause of a gimmick and somebody with talent/good music not having a career cause of outside stuff. Her career is looking like rnb joe budden

Funny thing is the bold is exactly tinashe in and out her music, it's just the modern cali girl way. Only difference is Kelani looks the part with the fugly tats and dingy hipster style

Kehlani is from Oakland and has the "tragic background" thing going. Shes who every dysfunctional 20 something thot lives vicariously through :mjlol::mjlol:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So why are people like Kehlani, Jhene Aiko, etc. more successful? It's just a wild corny excuse for her lack of success.

Her mixtapes are what made me a fan of her. Her studio albums sounded like Keri Hilson throwaways. So, black people have not fully accepted your music, not your racial background.

Last edited:
Daps

Edit:

You don't listen to her music.

Same sound, it's the reason I fukk with her. :ehh: most of her non-single songs are like this

You're not making sense if you are signed to a label in these days chances are you had a mixtape or SoundCloud buzz just to justify their attention. Nobody cares about "outside stuff" the label wants to see a return on their investment flat out. Joe Budden whole career would have went differently if he was able to craft hits but he was incapable of doing so...Dollars & Sense...make hits and you run the building fail to make hits and you'll be shown the door

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You come across like a bytch with the sneaky way you misrepresented what I said. I didn't say that it makes a male less of a man to listen to female singers you lying ass bytch. I said that there's no reason that a grown man should be listening to this chic. :heh: at you accusing me of trying too hard as you deliberately twist my words just to have something sassy to say. You should be open-palmed for that.
What a sassy response:wrist:
She like many other people in the generation y and z group are going to get that wake up call when they find out that social media doesn't equal reality. She must have thought she was going to succeed because of illegal downloads. Her voice and music is not worth buying. She just sucks
Not to mention her personality is:russell:, if she had a Bey or Rhi like stage presence then she'd be more successful.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You dudes are like girls. I suspect that a lot of you dudes are homosexuals. Just catty for no reason. I haven't heard one song from this chic and as grown man there's really no reason for you to have heard one either.

“There’s colourism involved in the black community, which is very apparent,” she says carefully. “It’s about trying to find a balance where I’m a mixed woman, and sometimes I feel like I don’t fully fit into the black community; they don’t fully accept me, even though I see myself as a black woman. That disconnect is confusing sometimes.”

^^^You can not like this chic, her music or whatever but you can't deny that the quote above is true without being a liar.
Do you not understand what she did here...she failed at other genres like edm and pop...aka other demographics but she's only calling out black people for not "accepting" her. Meanwhile, SHE'S NOT BEING ACCEPTED IN OTHER GROUPS. "But black people don't accept me cuz I'm mixed"... it's because she's not cranking out hits or creating any buzz. How are you not getting this? Blaming black people is an easy cop out and its her just trying to go the victim/sympathy route.