Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
she peaked with Black Water.

Mixtape Tinashe >> Pop/Mainstream Tinashe

I Use to love h.e.r. :mjcry:
Exactly, the Black Water mixtape was her best work. I remember not hearing from her for a minute after it dropped and then I her heard on the radio and went :what: She changed it up, it didn't work and now she's crying.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
I feel you, it is a little different. But there's a lot of stigma's towards light-skinned men too as being "soft", highly sexualized, etc.

I mostly just wanted an excuse to post this video cause I laugh at it everytime. Lol.

NO8yvQn.png

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
All these dude's making excuses. Her music is trash, whenever your music is trash we tend to notice the rest of your flaws. When your music is HOT we give a pass to all the bullshyt, why do you think Chris Brown is still accepted despite fukking up time after time?

The Reason there is only a Beyonce, Rihanna lane is because nobody else is innovating or adding to the game. But nope it's cuz she exotic which is bullshyt cuz women liked Amerie, Jhene Aiko etc.
Which nullifies her whole arguement.

What about Jill Scott, Fantasia, Jasmine Sullivan, Ledisi, Leelah James and Erykah Badu?

In this racket you gotta either have talent or an edge. :manny:

When you have both like Bey and an edge like Rihanna, then you can pretty much create your own lane.
Which I'm sure hard work and dedication was needed to get there.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
giphy.gif

The gall of this woman to blame the black community because she doesn't want to ride her own lane and maybe find a core audience from it. There are countless female acts that are embraced by the black community that goes beyond Bey and RiRi. Also, she fails to see that the black community is not a monolith. For every individual that listens to Bey, there's one listening to the new Amerie album. For a individual that goes to a RiRi concert, there are a bunch of individuals that will go to a Jill Scott concert. This whole "woe is me...sike I'm going to blame my own people" shyt is getting redundant, especially when she can capitalize on her own style. But hey, let them titties out and "sing" about the same 3 subjects that'll sell a few records brehs:camby:

Daps
A couple of things. 1, her music is bland and predictable but so is a lot of other acts who are shoved down our throats 24/7.

She is right about it only being a lane for Beyonce' and Rihanna.

For some reason, in our community, there's only room for Beyonce and Rihanna and for the longest, it was just Beyonce' and to some extent, it still is just Beyonce, because while Rihanna has her lane, she still ain't on "Beyonce's" status.

I like Tinashe as far as her looks go, but her music is as bland as it gets. However, I don't see how her music can't be promoted and pushed more than a lot of these other artists who don't possess a 1 half of the amount of talent she does have as a singer and dancer.

Tinashe needs a better writing team and new direction in sound. Cause her music ain't got that 1-2 punch it needs to really knock people on their asses.

But I agree w/ her comment about it only being a "Beyonce' and Rihanna" thing. She's right.

You buggin Rihanna at this point makes the world shake

RealMazen

Banned
Daps
Biracial women don't get the same acceptance as biracial men. Many of them stuggle with trying to get acceptance from black women.
This is bull and you know it.

Both Beyoncé and Rihanna are super lightskin, look mixed, and have a large amount of European DNA (Rihanna was even running around calling herself biracial/mixed) and black women fukk with them heavily.

Katey

Rookie
Daps
The coli and the tired "bitter, jealous,etc. dark-skinned black woman" narrative :wtb:

She doesn't even have enough exposure for anybody to hate on her like that. And I remember liking a couple of songs and she's pretty, but everytime I hear about her, she's ranting and raving on social media or giving interviews trying to force people to support her. It's her fault her fan base isn't expanding, not because of the imaginary evil black women trying to take her down. And like someone else said, if black woman really hated lightskinned/mixed woman, we wouldn't love Beyoncé and Rihanna, Jhene Aiko, etc. as a whole.