Tinashe says "Black Community Doesn't Fully Accept" her

Daps
Reppin
DMV
Lol all she got to do is go into that vault and she will blow up...

Then again her mom is white so of course u aren't fully accepted because the black community knows you can switch up on some sage Steele ish any moment

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yet all these homely looking ass white women are out here eating smh. Selling millions in the streaming era. I'm sure some of these young pretty sistas are jealous of these uber popular mediocre or horrible looking white women who are really killing the game out here. It's sad

Only one homely behemoth eating and that's Adele. Nobody except her and Taylor sell like that
What happened to Meghan Trainor ? Katy Perry aint moving units like that anymore..

being a black female in this era is the WOAT... Bey and Riri flanking you from left and right

so you have to carve a niche like Jhene and K michelle

Sevyn Streeter, SZA, Tinashe, Dreezy will all remain in the abyss until they get a come-up

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
She right to a certain extent.

I seen some black women hate on her for no legit reason other than her looks.

It is true that there seems to be just Beyonce & Rihanna then everybody else. :yeshrug:

It's unfortunate considering she really is a talented artist/performer.:francis:
Black women hating on a good looking women is

a) not a shocker; many dark skinned black women -especially those with bad experienced eg their bf left for a light skinned or white girl) hate good looking light skinned and white women. Ultimately you could say human's reproductive system from a purely societal pov is competitive and there is (logically, see b) a lot of bitterness amongst many but not all dark skinned black women
b) a direct result with society's 'the whiter or lighter the more beautiful' (the latter being a side-effect of slavery). Every shop you go where they sell magazines: 98% white women or very light skinned women on the covers. Movies? The same. Mostly white and light skinned women are shown as highly desirable. Media has a huge impact on our culture obviously.

As far as Tinashe: her music is bad imo, she has no outstanding personality as far as I can tell and to me she's not super fine.

I think even light skinned women who behave black are accepted in the black community.

Her issue is likely: she is successful (haters gonna hate) and dudes want her (female haters gonna hate more).

HoonDing

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Columbus, GA
I never saw it for her. How long has it been since 2on?

I read another one of her articles a couple of weeks ago that let me know all I needed to know about her. Tinashe's in it for the popularity, and that's all it would seem. Which is probably one of the reasons why she's out here licking toilets. :scust:

Couple that with the fact that she isn't quite defined as an artist (she doesn't have her own lane)... I don't think she will have longevity.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
There's a reoccurring debate over whether mixed people are black had every other day here, yet you have idiots running in here to deny this chic's claim that she's not accepted by everyone in the black community:heh:
so many dudes here are delusional clowns. it's amazing to sit back and behold.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
A couple of things. 1, her music is bland and predictable but so is a lot of other acts who are shoved down our throats 24/7.

She is right about it only being a lane for Beyonce' and Rihanna.

For some reason, in our community, there's only room for Beyonce and Rihanna and for the longest, it was just Beyonce' and to some extent, it still is just Beyonce, because while Rihanna has her lane, she still ain't on "Beyonce's" status.

I like Tinashe as far as her looks go, but her music is as bland as it gets. However, I don't see how her music can't be promoted and pushed more than a lot of these other artists who don't possess a 1 half of the amount of talent she does have as a singer and dancer.

Tinashe needs a better writing team and new direction in sound. Cause her music ain't got that 1-2 punch it needs to really knock people on their asses.

But I agree w/ her comment about it only being a "Beyonce' and Rihanna" thing. She's right.
So we just gonna act like Nicki Minaj wasn't one of the biggest acts for quite a while?:stopitslime:

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Based on record sales no community must accept her.:mjlol: She just wanted to shyt on black people again.:pacspit::camby:Every woman she named puts out much better music than her so Miss No Neck And No Ass needs to stop blaming skin color for her failures in the game.:scusthov:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
her music is trash. she needs to get with bigger producers, writers, or whoever and get that career popping.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Biracial women don't get the same acceptance as biracial men. Many of them stuggle with trying to get acceptance from black women.

I feel you, it is a little different. But there's a lot of stigma's towards light-skinned men too as being "soft", highly sexualized, etc.

I mostly just wanted an excuse to post this video cause I laugh at it everytime. Lol.