TIDAL is not off to a good start

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
its almost like you lames are praying for this shyt not to work.

It just kicked off…EVERY NEW BUSINESS HAS ITS PROBLEMS IN THE BEGINNING!
Give it some time
I don't stream music. If I wanna listen to something I'll own it (might not pay for it:mjpls:)I haven't used my Spotify or Pandora accounts in years. I have no intention of even trying Tidal's free trial. I just don't get why nikkas feel the need to be making these Tidal threads on a daily fukking basis. Cats really think we need their personal testimonials on this shyt?:dahell:

Okay cool.. If thats the case why not go after the people that have the other 1.2 billion she earned and they manipulated from her, instead of working class people making 40k a year?
nikka, this shyt isn't taxes:heh:How is she "going after" working class people if everyone has a choice to use the service? If someone is making 40k a year and chooses to pay for Tidal then that's on thier dumb ass:camby:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
if they were smart they would have called this the Tidal beta.

It just kicked off…EVERY NEW BUSINESS HAS ITS PROBLEMS IN THE BEGINNING!
Give it some time

Yeah Jay just bought in like 2 months ago, I wonder why they moved so quickly to host that Justice League/We Are The World Promo Event. They shouldve waited until they got their message and product straight.

Like dude said above, this looks like it might be a scheme for Hov to make a quick flip rather than the "lets change music forever and give power to artists" bullshyt they're talking. Or maybe its just bad decisions making...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah Jay just bought in like 2 months ago, I wonder why they moved so quickly to host that Justice League/We Are The World Promo Event. They shouldve waited until they got their message and product straight.

Like dude said above, this looks like it might be a scheme for Hov to make a quick flip rather than the "lets change music forever and give power to artists" bullshyt they're talking. Or maybe its just bad decisions making...
Nah, it's probably let's beat Apple and Jimmy to the punch. Basically, they simply kept the original design Aspiro had and never thought to switch some shyt up. But they probably also lacked the money to do so.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Nah, it's probably let's beat Apple and Jimmy to the punch. Basically, they simply kept the original design Aspiro had and never thought to switch some shyt up. But they probably also lacked the money to do so.
But if they didn't improve on the old modle they aren't really beating Apple to anything....Beats Music has been around since 2012, people just don't use it.

I would not be surprised to see it get sold out to Sprint or Samsung or somebody within a year or 2.

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Babyface is music for cornball brothers to lament and make mixtapes to blondes for. Babyface is one of the most trash nikkas ever created. It's no crime goes hard but I know you bums ain't jammin that.m YALL outcgea jammin his OJ simpson anthems.
Babyface was at his best in the Deele biting off Prince after that he became the Kenny G of R&B.

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
Okay cool.. If thats the case why not go after the people that have the other 1.2 billion she earned and they manipulated from her, instead of working class people making 40k a year?

how is this "going after" fans working class people??? you have a choice to use this service just like you have a choice to use Spotify, Beats, Google Play, ect...only difference is, the creatives will see more money from their hard work using Tidal...

No i can tell you will never come in contact with money. Because if she wanted her money she should already be an exec/suit instead of saying nikka or whatever corny stunts she's doing today to stay relevant for an album. But thats neither here or there. It just seems disingenuous when you have millionaire musicians who releastically will never be affected by streaming asking fans to fork out 20 dollars per month for a half ass service. I think it would have been better served if they had indy artist (who are the ones really hurt by spotty, google music, etc) up there instead of west and the daft punk helmet

how will they not be affected by this??? streaming is the present and future...more people will be paying for streaming services in the future than buying music, so if they don't set up a precedent now, they'll end up getting fukked over by those same suits in the future...most of y'all probably wasn't fukkin with Spotify when it first started, but it wasn't poppin like it is now back then...the company's gonna grow, the bugs are gonna get fixed and they're gonna have more content...they just starting out...

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
That's just MY opinion of course, and here are just a few reasons I've personally found...

So....musically I've been on a Babyface kick lately. Been listening to alot of his catalog that I already own, and wanted to go thru some of his really old work I don't have. I have the free $19.99 trial of TIDAL, so why not use it for that....

I pull up his 1st album, and.....
....where's the album art? :beli: A minor annoyance, but I ain't trippin....

16471219484_7804fbb7b0.jpg

Still on the 'Face kick, so I wanna go listen to some songs he wrote/produced, Whitney Houston came to mind b/c I read that it was a big deal when they finally worked together back then.

Pulled up the album/title track ("I'm Your Baby Tonight"), and......it's not even the right version of the song. :mindblown: It's some off-brand remix, NOT the LA Reid and Babyface version.....and get this, it's not even on beat. :heh: ie Whitney Houston vocals are faster than the music on the track. This is one of her 'greatest hits', and they don't even the real song.

16906077528_dc63657f12_z.jpg

Now, I know y'all are saying, "man Lac, :camby: nobody cares about that old R&B....the younger generation are the ones being targeted for TIDAL. The newer stuff is all that really matters. "

Ok, fair enough....:mjpls:

I then wanted to listen to J. Cole's 'Born Sinner' album, and.....

.....they only have the EDITED version. :scust:
17067712026_7a1ab16284_z.jpg

Well maybe that's just one error....stop nitpicking, Lac....

They also only have the EDITED version of Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" :beli:

16907459099_fdcda7e9e3_z.jpg

And just for good measure.

"The record label does not allow this album to be streamed" WTH? :what: Then take the album off the app.
16905891908_eb19ec6cf7_z.jpg

No way I'm keeping this over Spotify once the free trial runs out, not even for the $9.99 tier. I've only been on there a handful of times and found all these errors. No telling how many other people who use it alot have found. :yeshrug: Not a good look, IMO.

:scust:

How are they going a launch a service and have edited Drake albums :mjlol:

The app looks ugly as hell also

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
No i can tell you will never come in contact with money. Because if she wanted her money she should already be an exec/suit instead of saying nikka or whatever corny stunts she's doing today to stay relevant for an album. But thats neither here or there. It just seems disingenuous when you have millionaire musicians who releastically will never be affected by streaming asking fans to fork out 20 dollars per month for a half ass service. I think it would have been better served if they had indy artist (who are the ones really hurt by spotty, google music, etc) up there instead of west and the daft punk helmet

Only a wolf, or a pack of wolves, can protect the cubs. A cub cannot protect itself.

Pocket watching is the wrong mentality to have on this issue. A lot of posters are taking out their personal situations on celebrities. Which is ironic, considering every poster on this website is mega rich.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Only a wolf, or a pack of wolves, can protect the cubs. A cub cannot protect itself.

Pocket watching is the wrong mentality to have on this issue. A lot of posters are taking out their personal situations on celebrities. Which is ironic, considering every poster on this website is mega rich.

Ill will dap this later for the attempt at sarcasm and humor

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
how is this "going after" fans working class people??? you have a choice to use this service just like you have a choice to use Spotify, Beats, Google Play, ect...only difference is, the creatives will see more money from their hard work using Tidal...

how will they not be affected by this??? streaming is the present and future...more people will be paying for streaming services in the future than buying music, so if they don't set up a precedent now, they'll end up getting fukked over by those same suits in the future...most of y'all probably wasn't fukkin with Spotify when it first started, but it wasn't poppin like it is now back then...the company's gonna grow, the bugs are gonna get fixed and they're gonna have more content...they just starting out...

Boo Hoo. so sad for jay-z (who is a suit himself) and kanye. How will they survive?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Babyface is music for cornball brothers to lament and make mixtapes to blondes for. Babyface is one of the most trash nikkas ever created. It's no crime goes hard but I know you bums ain't jammin that.m YALL outcgea jammin his OJ simpson anthems.
:camby: Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.