TIDAL is not off to a good start

Daps
So many haters here breh
So many grudgers

Celebrate other peoples success brehs

Live vicariously through their money and image

Identify with them

Don't be asking no doubtful question, don't be a quote on quote "hayttureh" breh

Madonna and 'em doin it for .... wait for it .... wait ......

ART.

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I downloaded the app but quickly deleted it when i saw that they needed credit card info:camby:

No way i'd pick tidal over spotify & google music

Yeah thats an issue.. Especially when they have competitors like Beats Music that have free premium trials where they dont even ask for credit card info.. The hustle with the credit cards for free trials is, they are betting on you forgetting you signed up so they can slip the money out of your account every month without you noticing..

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
fukk Tidal and that shameful, egotistical farce pulled this week. When I see Madonna crusty ass talking about putting power back in the artist hands from the greedy labels and shes worth 800 mil you know its straight :camby:

i can tell some of y'all will never come in contact with money...if Madonna is worth 800mil, then she's probably generated well over 2 billion, the majority of which went to a record label...why wouldn't you try to earn as much money as you could from the work you created instead of giving it to some suits???

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
i can tell some of y'all will never come in contact with money...if Madonna is worth 800mil, then she's probably generated well over 2 billion, the majority of which went to a record label...why wouldn't you try to earn as much money as you could from the work you created instead of giving it to some suits???
Okay cool.. If thats the case why not go after the people that have the other 1.2 billion she earned and they manipulated from her, instead of working class people making 40k a year?

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's just MY opinion of course, and here are just a few reasons I've personally found...

So....musically I've been on a Babyface kick lately. Been listening to alot of his catalog that I already own, and wanted to go thru some of his really old work I don't have. I have the free $19.99 trial of TIDAL, so why not use it for that....

I pull up his 1st album, and.....
....where's the album art? :beli: A minor annoyance, but I ain't trippin....

16471219484_7804fbb7b0.jpg

Still on the 'Face kick, so I wanna go listen to some songs he wrote/produced, Whitney Houston came to mind b/c I read that it was a big deal when they finally worked together back then.

Pulled up the album/title track ("I'm Your Baby Tonight"), and......it's not even the right version of the song. :mindblown: It's some off-brand remix, NOT the LA Reid and Babyface version.....and get this, it's not even on beat. :heh: ie Whitney Houston vocals are faster than the music on the track. This is one of her 'greatest hits', and they don't even the real song.

16906077528_dc63657f12_z.jpg

Now, I know y'all are saying, "man Lac, :camby: nobody cares about that old R&B....the younger generation are the ones being targeted for TIDAL. The newer stuff is all that really matters. "

Ok, fair enough....:mjpls:

I then wanted to listen to J. Cole's 'Born Sinner' album, and.....

.....they only have the EDITED version. :scust:
17067712026_7a1ab16284_z.jpg

Well maybe that's just one error....stop nitpicking, Lac....

They also only have the EDITED version of Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" :beli:

16907459099_fdcda7e9e3_z.jpg

And just for good measure.

"The record label does not allow this album to be streamed" WTH? :what: Then take the album off the app.
16905891908_eb19ec6cf7_z.jpg

No way I'm keeping this over Spotify once the free trial runs out, not even for the $9.99 tier. I've only been on there a handful of times and found all these errors. No telling how many other people who use it alot have found. :yeshrug: Not a good look, IMO.

Thoro analysis, and while still in its infant stage, not having the explicit version of your OWN artist's album is :francis:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I downloaded the app but quickly deleted it when i saw that they needed credit card info:camby:

No way i'd pick tidal over spotify & google music
Yeah, they need to fix that. I did not try it either because of that.
this shyt is trash. They have a lot of work to do if they want to compete with Spotify.
Nah, they just need to catch up on the library. They are 5 million songs behind. Cats go from extremes like wack to great. BUT Tidal will not be worth it for another few months minimum. @jadillac if they were smart they would have called this the Tidal beta.

Anyhow, here's a useful graphic

GUARDIAN_Musicians_2015_09_FB_(2).png

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

No i can tell you will never come in contact with money. Because if she wanted her money she should already be an exec/suit instead of saying nikka or whatever corny stunts she's doing today to stay relevant for an album. But thats neither here or there. It just seems disingenuous when you have millionaire musicians who releastically will never be affected by streaming asking fans to fork out 20 dollars per month for a half ass service. I think it would have been better served if they had indy artist (who are the ones really hurt by spotty, google music, etc) up there instead of west and the daft punk helmet

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Yeah, they need to fix that. I did not try it either because of that.
Nah, they just need to catch up on the library. They are 5 million songs behind. Cats go from extremes like wack to great. BUT Tidal will not be worth it for another few months minimum. @jadillac if they were smart they would have called this the Tidal beta.

Anyhow, here's a useful graphic

GUARDIAN_Musicians_2015_09_FB_(2).png
It's not just the library. Making playlist, the load times, a few other little things. Like you said it feels like a beta version.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
It's not just the library. Making playlist, the load times, a few other little things. Like you said it feels like a beta version.
The company is only a year old. Jay Z just supplied the investment they need to upgrade. I think they just felt they needed to head off Beats.