TIDAL is not off to a good start

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The explicit version of 2014 Forest Hills Drive is on Tidal; I've listened to it a couple times during my trial. But yeah there is a problem with so many albums only having the clean versions on there. Good review though; I respect someone at least trying Tidal out before trashing it.

I actually like the idea of the service, I just think they have a lot of kinks to work out. Too many clean-only albums, the UI isn't really dope, the video streaming could use some work, etc. I feel like they rushed the release of it, but every company is going to have issues early on anyway. I'm most interested to see where Tidal is in fall 2015, after they've had time to improve. After that, I want to see how much the app has actually delivered on some of the other things it has potential to: how much exclusive content it has (it's off to a decent start in that with the Rihanna/Beyonce songs and the They Die By Dawn movie), how they're able to keep that content exclusive, how much they offer things like concert tickets and merch (which they're doing now with this J. Cole meet up/sweepstakes), and if the catalog of grows to include real versions of albums and not just clean ones. I'm also interested to see how their video material improves over time.

If all those things improve, and you're going to pay for streaming, then why not spend $9.99 there instead of spending $9.99 with Spotify? All depends on how much it improves over time.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do not use a streaming service but from what you provided, it appears Spotify did all the groundwork so no need for any issues since Tidal or the parent company is not being inventive or innovative. Then shame on Jigga wanting somebody to pay a premium for an app that appears is in its beta stage. People are criticizing it because they want people to pay for something that isn't worth paying for.
it doesnt work like that. you dont just come out with another service and not have issues. everyone has issues. thats how it works. thats BUSINESS.

Spotify was not the first website to stream music. but they sure had issues. itunes had issues, all streaming services have had issues.

thats like saying no video game that has dropped with an online component hasnt had any issues. thats a lie. they all have them. and they have been making online games for years. so what do you expect to happen with a low level company that was recently purchased by jay. jay's sig hasnt even dried yet. does that nucca even have an office setup yet? my goodness. give the man a chance to put his paper clip holder down before yall criticize the site.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
What bothers me is their whole agenda. The bullshyt about "lets fairly compensate the creatives". Then up on the stage you see more then a dozen of multimillionaires saying that they want to more money.

WHY should WE pay so you get more money when there is a cheaper, more reliable and much better service available? You want the creatives to be fairly compensated? Then donate all the profit to some creatie writers foundation so they can spread it out evenly to the real creatives.

Let's not kid ourselves, as consumers the only difference is the price and the so-called higher quality in the streaming (yet to know if there is a difference between TIdal and Spotify high quality streaming). This is the only argument we consumers should give a fukk about.

The whole argument Tidal is using about putting more money in the artists pocket is bullshyt. Why should we care about that? Especially since the artists brag about how much money they make (im looking at you Jay). Only in music do artists feel obligated to continuous payment of their work. What if a carpenter built a house and said "yo nikka I built your house and I wanna be paid for it as long as it stands". In theory, its the same shyt. What makes musicians so much more important? They ar enot, they just want to uphold their extravagant lifestyle. All labels wont all of a sudden give more money to the artists because they are on a different streaming site. So how is Jay gonna make the artists money bigger? He can't, except for a chosen few who he gave away percentage to.

If the artists want more money they should have negotiated better deals with their record labels
Its funny how no one asked Steve Jobs and his other cronies the same questions. He was already rich so why ask ppl to pay more for another MP3 player or phone? Why should Apple be paid some of the highest margins in the world for a device that plays music when they dont even make the music? Without music that you want to listen to, their music player is useless.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
it doesnt work like that. you dont just come out with another service and not have issues. everyone has issues. thats how it works. thats BUSINESS.

Spotify was not the first website to stream music. but they sure had issues. itunes had issues, all streaming services have had issues.

thats like saying no video game that has dropped with an online component hasnt had any issues. thats a lie. they all have them. and they have been making online games for years. so what do you expect to happen with a low level company that was recently purchased by jay. jay's sig hasnt even dried yet. does that nucca even have an office setup yet? my goodness. give the man a chance to put his paper clip holder down before yall criticize the site.
You don't come out the gate charging for something problematic unless it is a scam.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You don't come out the gate charging for something problematic unless it is a scam.

Wrong.

I'm old enough to remeber when itunes first launched....it was a sh1 show.

I've been paying for spotify before it was even availble in the US, where you had to trick youer phone to get to the UK google store just to download the app....It wasnt far off from where Tidal is now.