TIDAL is not off to a good start

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah thats an issue.. Especially when they have competitors like Beats Music that have free premium trials where they dont even ask for credit card info.. The hustle with the credit cards for free trials is, they are betting on you forgetting you signed up so they can slip the money out of your account every month without you noticing..

but they don't know brothas like me put that 30-day free trial on my Google Calendar. Day 28 the notice pops up on my phone, tablet, email reminding me to cancel, just in case I havent already done so. :mjpls:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop it. every new company has issues. real issues. thats how it works. now if these issues continue years later. then its trash. but i've noticed a pattern with some of yall. as if its the thing to do , to point out every single flaw on day one. as if the big boys of today didnt have issues. lets address it.

Spotify dropped in 2008.... read the rest

Launch[edit]

Spotify's original logo (2008–2012)
The Spotify application launched on 7 October 2008. While free accounts remained available by invitation to manage the growth of the service, the launch opened paid subscriptions to everyone. At the same time, Spotify AB announced licensing deals with major music labels.[25] The company reported a loss of 31.8 million kronor ($4.4 million) in 2008.[26]

On 10 February 2009 Spotify opened free registration in the United Kingdom (UK).[27] Registrations surged following the release of the mobile service, leading Spotify to halt registration in the UK for part of 2009, returning to an invitation-only policy.[28]

Evolution[edit]

Former Spotify headquarters
On 4 March 2009, Spotify announced a security flaw in the service, by which private account information (including email addresses and hashed,salted passwords) of members registered prior to 19 December 2008 were potentially exposed.[29][30][31][32]

Premium ecards (premium codes) were offered for the 2009 Christmas season that allowed recipients to upgrade an account to "Premium" status for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months.[33]

On 28 January 2010, Symantec's antivirus software marked Spotify as a Trojan horse, disabling the software across millions of computers.[34][35]

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
I have tidal i dont know whats wrong with dudes app but i have the explicit of everything.

To me.....I see the value, I have studio monitors and some expensive headphones so I can apperciate having cd quality a click away, if you dont have some descent sh1t then its a waste of money and spotify wins in every way.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
I have tidal i dont know whats wrong with dudes app but i have the explicit of everything.

To me.....I see the value, I have studio monitors and some expensive headphones so I can apperciate having cd quality a click away, if you dont have some descent sh1t then its a waste of money and spotify wins in every way.

it's probably his bandwidth causing the lagging in the voice

it does seem Tidal wanted to get out first before beats had an opportunity -i think from the sound of it, i was rushed into the mainstream, when they could have worked on some of the aesthetics and search functionality a bit more before Jayz -
relaunching it.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Stop it. every new company has issues. real issues. thats how it works. now if these issues continue years later. then its trash. but i've noticed a pattern with some of yall. as if its the thing to do , to point out every single flaw on day one. as if the big boys of today didnt have issues. lets address it.
I do not use a streaming service but from what you provided, it appears Spotify did all the groundwork so no need for any issues since Tidal or the parent company is not being inventive or innovative. Then shame on Jigga wanting somebody to pay a premium for an app that appears is in its beta stage. People are criticizing it because they want people to pay for something that isn't worth paying for.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps

Sounds like it is worth $20 per month to you. Guess OP got to get premium for swear words. :mjpls:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
The only way it can compete is if they get every artist involved to take their music off every other site and have exclusivity.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
The only way it can compete is if they get every artist involved to take their music off every other site and have exclusivity.
Well that is not happening at least for now.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Complain about album art when Africans out here with no clean drinking water brehs
SNL_1630_08_Update_4_Girl_You_Wsh_You_Hadnt_Started_a_Conversation_with_at_a_Party.png

swerve

All Star
Daps
What bothers me is their whole agenda. The bullshyt about "lets fairly compensate the creatives". Then up on the stage you see more then a dozen of multimillionaires saying that they want to more money.

WHY should WE pay so you get more money when there is a cheaper, more reliable and much better service available? You want the creatives to be fairly compensated? Then donate all the profit to some creatie writers foundation so they can spread it out evenly to the real creatives.

Let's not kid ourselves, as consumers the only difference is the price and the so-called higher quality in the streaming (yet to know if there is a difference between TIdal and Spotify high quality streaming). This is the only argument we consumers should give a fukk about.

The whole argument Tidal is using about putting more money in the artists pocket is bullshyt. Why should we care about that? Especially since the artists brag about how much money they make (im looking at you Jay). Only in music do artists feel obligated to continuous payment of their work. What if a carpenter built a house and said "yo nikka I built your house and I wanna be paid for it as long as it stands". In theory, its the same shyt. What makes musicians so much more important? They ar enot, they just want to uphold their extravagant lifestyle. All labels wont all of a sudden give more money to the artists because they are on a different streaming site. So how is Jay gonna make the artists money bigger? He can't, except for a chosen few who he gave away percentage to.

If the artists want more money they should have negotiated better deals with their record labels

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Well that is not happening at least for now.
Didnt Swift take her sh1t off Spotify? Thats another thing, they making Tidal seem innovative, but its just a rip off of a more successful product(spotify). I never understood what was so special about this. I imagine Jay and B will release exclusive sh1t, but their fans arent going to pay 20bucks for it. The genie(free music) has been out the bottle, no putting it back now.

How much power does Taylor Swift have? Do any of these artists have control over their respective catalogs like that? :ohhh:

WEKetchum

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
but they don't know brothas like me put that 30-day free trial on my Google Calendar. Day 28 the notice pops up on my phone, tablet, email reminding me to cancel, just in case I havent already done so. :mjpls:

:salute: I do the same with all my free trials