Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
My honest opinion.

Movie started out slow but it got better in a hurry. Definate better than the first. My MAIN complaint. At this point when Thor comes to earth how can SHIELD be involved in a threat like that? It just seems like they needed a way to shoot footage on earth which is dumb when you don't include the avengers. Movie would've been better had it not been shot on earth and honestly Thor's love interest with Portman basically makes part of the storyline cheesy and out of place.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I thought the movie was alright. No real complaints other than them trying to make it an action comedy film. There were way too many jokes. People were laughing hysterically throughout the entire film. Ruined the movie for me.

They should've kept the story off earth all together. What's the point of Thor being on earth if SHIELD isn't involved

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My honest opinion.

Movie started out slow but it got better in a hurry. Definate better than the first. My MAIN complaint. At this point when Thor comes to earth how can SHIELD be involved in a threat like that? It just seems like they needed a way to shoot footage on earth which is dumb when you don't include the avengers. Movie would've been better had it not been shot on earth and honestly Thor's love interest with Portman basically makes part of the storyline cheesy and out of place.
Breh who is the chick in your sig??

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
saw it last night

movie was dope
final fight was dope

if i was one of them fighter jet pilots i would have quit as soon as we landed lmaoo
the jokes in the movie was funny, didnt take away form it at all

loki parts was predictable..... only cause he's loki

and the after credits scene........... i completely forgot about that untill they showed it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It was OK...a step up from the first Thor but still suffering from some of the problems that movie had (Jane Foster is still terrible and there is no chemistry between her and Thor, the final battle was a jumbled mess). Loki was cool and I wouldn't mind a Warriors Three spinoff video but this isn't something I ever need to see again.
And too much of the snappy banter/one liner stuff. They said Joss Whedon was called in to help out with parts of this movie and I bet it was the humor aspect.

I do have to say something about the after credits scene though:
The whole scene with The Collector looked dumb and hella cheap. Like they stole makeup and visuals from Farscape (a show I love but was notoriously done on a fixed budget). I hope the Guardians of the Galaxy movie doesn't look this bad. And whatever Benicio del Toro was doing with his affected speech needs to be done away with.

Going tonight after work. Been saving my free movie ticket for it.
Ain't no movie theater accepting them free tix on opening weekend.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My fav. part was def. the Star Wars tribute stuff. I probably missed a lot but
the way the spaceships went side ways through the caves like the Star War movies. And of course, Thor hand getting cut off like Star Wars

As far as the ending.
I'm not saying the last scene was exactly like Super Man at all. Different. But the back and forth, crashing into stuff. It just felt like "Not again". I've seen this already. I honestly don't know what these Marvel movies will do without Loki. Just such a smart villian. I mainly went to see it to see him again. And he didn't disappoint.

But can somebody explain the ending?

Was Thor pops sleep or something. I remember he did that from time to time. Is that how Loki took over since his wife was dead and nobody knew. I didn't expect moms to die though. That was messed up.

Also one last thing.

Would it be fair to say that his moms taught Loki all that magic stuff. Since she could do it too? And Thor learned fighting from his pops? Or is that reaching?

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Alan Taylor On Why Xzibit Ringtone Was Used in 'Thor: The Dark World'
"It was so irritating that we knew we'd found the right one," says Alan Taylor.