Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America: The First Avenger > Thor > Iron Man 3 = The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2
what in the flying fuk!!?? :what: nicca no u didnt put incredible hulk behind cap and ironman and equaled it too im3 :snoop:.....somebody slap this dude in real life for me if ya know him......its yo opinion and all but my gawd just :camby: that list asap :damn:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
:pachaha:It's all subjective, breh.That's what I like about the Marvel movies. You ask someone what their best to worst list is and then you ask another person and it's completely different. The only one on that list that I really find lukewarm is IM2 (to much of Tony sitting around having daddy issues while making a new element as they shoehorn Avenger tie-ins). Hulk was cool. I liked that the final battle lasted almost 30 minutes.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Incredible Hulk is still the weakest Marvel Studios movie IMO. Marvel knows it as well which is why they never even bothered to follow up on that end scene of Gen. Thunderbolt asking Stark for help to take down the Hulk.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Watched it today :ehh:, it was better than the first and Iron bore 3 and the first.Humor was done better than Iron Bore 3, some scenes had me :dead:

The ending was :ohhh:

Visuals were :whoo: Asgard looked very good. The action was better than the first, you could tell the budget far bigger than the first film. The fights were good to. The one that takes place before the last fight is the best one of the movie.

My boy Loki is the star of the show :jawalrus:

The villain though :beli::camby:terrible just fukking terrible.

Kat Dennings looks fine!!!! in this :ohlawd:, I wanted her to appear more just so I could look her :shaq:, she looked good :win:.

There are two scenes after the film, one is during the mid credits, one is after. The mid-credits one was :scusthov:, didn't like it at all but it sets up another movie. The second one was :aicmon::camby:, I wouldn't bother waiting for that if I was you, total waste of time. Marvel are falling off with their post-credits scenes.

Last edited:

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
That seems to be the plan from what I've read, yeah. Thanos will be the villain for "Avengers 3", unless something changes. He will pop up in movies before that though.

Fred.

Seems that they are gonna do the Infinity Gauntlet for Avengers 3 don't u think? We know the gauntlet is in Odins treasure room....

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Seems that they are gonna do the Infinity Gauntlet for Avengers 3 don't u think? We know the gauntlet is in Odins treasure room....

From what I understand they'll build all that up in this next batch of movies, starting with "Thor 2".

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only Marvel flicks I can say I thoroughly enjoyed are Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

Too many bad villains and cheesy jokes.

Iron Man 2 and 3 being the worst so far.Captain America started off great, but, ironically, that shyt got bland as fukk once he became Captain America:wtf:

And Thor's not even the star of his own movies:huhldup:

fukk outta here Marvel:scusthov:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Movie was great. I loved it. Much better than IM3. Tom Hiddleston definitely captures the spotlight in every scene he's in. Movie had some funny moments, sometimes a lil' too much in the second half. Climax was a good fight.

Mid-credits scene was cool, spoilers:

It's a set up for Guardians of the Galaxy. It looks super freakin weird.

loki

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Just got to see it and below are my non-spoiler thoughts on the movie.

First and foremost, it's way better than the first movie, mostly because this movie isn't fukking strolling along for nearly half its length like the first one. With that said, you can tell Alan Taylor is a tv director because even with its large scale battles, it feels so limited. The big battles never pulled me in and always just seemed like a bunch of extras running into each other. LotR this is not. The one-on-one battles were a lot better though and the movie did a better job at making the stakes higher due to the losses Thor led.

My biggest problem with the movie were its attempts at humor, especially the fact they attempted it every goddamn minute with a continuous stream of increasingly corny jokes. Like it got to a point they wouldn't even let the dramatic moments breathe because here's another wisecrack to kill all the suspense. Basically ask yourself how you felt about Kat Denning's role in the first movie, and you'll know how half the movie will make you feel.

Still, as I've said, at least it kept going at a steady pace unlike the first one so even through the weaker moments it never gets a chance to get on your nerves.

Also, if the end credits scene is any indication of how Guardians Of The Galaxy is going to be, I'm lowering my anticipation of that movie severely. I thought it looked awful and while I hope that's only because the clip was rushed to be included here, it was a bad start for one of Marvel's biggest challenges yet.

I thought the movie was alright. No real complaints other than them trying to make it an action comedy film. There were way too many jokes. People were laughing hysterically throughout the entire film. Ruined the movie for me.