Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
But all these guys you mentionned did steal the show in their respective movies. They just did. It doesn't necessarily have to be a minor character that has a few lines. "Stealing the show" has nothing to do with the level of importance of the character. We're all aware that Loki is a big piece of the plot. Doesn't mean he can't steal the show, according to those definitions I gave you. Your point is basically that he was written to steal the show. Well he did. That's all I said.
You're just reaching for an argument :manny:
no my point is (esp in jokers case) if you are already an attraction and u are written to have the stage it cant be stealing the show.Esp in these situations i have cited where u have dynamic colorful characters juxtaposing opposite characters that are not. But this is now :deadhorse:we will agree to disagree
It doesn't necessarily have to be a minor character that has a few lines. "Stealing the show"
I never said it did, many ppl say philip seymour hoffman stole the show in talented mr ripley which i found asinine.To me stealing the show would be like sitting down and watching days of the future past and whilst the script is written for wolverine to shine most ppl walk away from the movie saying bishop was off the chain.Like you have rightly said with hulk in avengers u never saw that coming but whatever

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So if thanos is in guardians, is the guardians movie gonna set up the plot for the 2nd/3rd avengers? I'm assuming thanos will be the main villain in one of those movies

That seems to be the plan from what I've read, yeah. Thanos will be the villain for "Avengers 3", unless something changes. He will pop up in movies before that though.

Fred.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Loved the first one and if the OP is saying it's even better than that, than I'm all in. :manny:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Beggining was fukking :ohlawd: Krypton doe :to: All hail that mofukking planet :wow:
thats u breh but between a world literally ending, the emotional sending off of clark, the stupid papa kent death and clark being sad up until he donned the cape it was all too damn depressing for me to wanna sit thru at the moment :manny:....as soon as he don the cape tho its all good :ehh:

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
thats u breh but between a world literally ending, the emotional sending off of clark, the stupid papa kent death and clark being sad up until he donned the cape it was all too damn boring for me to wanna sit thru at the moment :manny:....as soon as he don the cape tho its all good :ehh:

Fixed

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
No hype for this thor movie
i think its the timing, the fukk did they push this all the way to nov when it could've been part of the summer line up.Usually when studios feel the need to pull a move like this they :patrice:about the movie

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No hype for this thor movie

probably has to do with the fact they didn't have any connections to this in im3....they just throwing thor out there...in phase 1, all the movies connected to each other (even if it was with just an after credit scene) and had you anticipating the next movie...im3 didn't do that with this...the only way I've seen them try to connect it to the other movies is by saying 'the return of an avenger'....marvel is fukking up and falling into that thinking trap that they can just throw a superhero movie out there and it'll make money....if the shyts dont connect, what's gonna happen is people gonna stop going to the in between shyts and just go to the big one (avengers)...

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well, it did make $100 million overseas in its first weekend, so it is making money. The biggest advantage of the movie is that it literally has no competition whatsoever until Catching Fire drops. That's the main reason they pushed it to October because this movie did have a huge chance of being crushed in the thick of this year's summer releases.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Gonna watch The Secret Scene off Iron Man 2.:ohhh:

Thor:damn:

The Avengers :salute:

....all before the Release of this Piff this Week.:obama::win:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I'm definitely excited for it. I'd probably be more excited if I wasn't unemployed at the moment but :yeshrug:. It'll be a good couple of hours of sitting back and enjoying myself. I really liked the first Thor. It had some flaws (example: Thor went from being a brash, young punk to a God who knows his responsibilities in just 3 days :what:) but it was still an enjoyable film. I'm not going to get into the whole "stole the show" argument but Loki stole the show in that movie. If I had to rank all of the Marvel movies (currently), then it would be go like this:

The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America: The First Avenger > Thor > Iron Man 3 = The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2

I guess we'll see where Thor: TDW fits in soon.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The Avengers > Iron Man > Captain America: The First Avenger > Thor > Iron Man 3 = The Incredible Hulk > Iron Man 2

I guess we'll see where Thor: TDW fits in soon.
pretty accurate assessment but you botched captain americas spot no way that trash was better than thor.Not in visuals not in story not in anything

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
pretty accurate assessment but you botched captain americas spot no way that trash was better than thor.Not in visuals not in story not in anything

It was almost a tie (=) between CA and Thor for me. I think if Thor had taken place over a longer amount of time then it would've surpassed Cap.