Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear there's supposed to be a 5 minute preview for the next Captain America flick attached to this.

Has anybody seen it? I heard somebody say you have to buy a ticket to the 3D version of Thor in order to see it, though.:beli:

What kinda bullshyt:what:

After a lil digging

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=29897

281.gif

Alright alright......I see you, Cap

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
it was okay, im not really into cosmic superheroes or anything but who was benicio del toro supposed to be at the end, that sequence looked wack btw, looked like they were on a star trek the next generation budget

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
it was okay, im not really into cosmic superheroes or anything but who was benicio del toro supposed to be at the end, that sequence looked wack btw, looked like they were on a star trek the next generation budget

Guardians Of The Galaxy breh, and if you don't like that you're gonna hate what's next to come!

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
'Thor: The Dark World' Roars to $7.1M at Thursday Box Office

TitleFridayTotal
Thor: The Dark World$31,663,000$31.6
2. Bad Grandpa$3,400,000$70.8
3. Last Vegas$3,220,000$25.6
4. Ender’s Game$2,900,000$36.6
5. Free Birds$2,500,000$21.5

and remember, y'all Monday is Veterans' Day

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
It was a great movie up until the ending that made absolutely no sense...:ohhh:

It wasn't a "oh he sure fooled us!" ending, it was a "the writers will change anything they want at any time" kind of moment:manny:

They did a good job switching Loki up. I almost gasped when Thor went to him for help and he switched from confident to a pathetic inmate, sitting messily against the wall. I knew he had something up his sleeve for when they wanted to destroy the Aesther, but I totally forgot about that when Thor's hand got chopped off, excellent misdirection! I knew that Loki wasn't dead when he got stabbed either, because that was his "out" with Thor and because he is a sneaky enough person that he would know what was coming from a bad guy.

I'm still wondering what happened to Odin, if Loki killed him (I don't think so though) or locked him up somewhere or dumped him on that barren planet or what. I suspected it was him at the end because that's how Loki rolled. When Loki first returned in disguise and delivered the news of his own death to Odin, I also would have liked to have seen Odin give a small speech about how awesome Loki was a son, how much he loved him, and how much he wished he had stepped up to the plate instead of being a villain, because I think that would be a stronger reason for Loki to eventually turn away from the dark side, especially now that he is acting as king, apparently. You saw some of that when they were fighting on the ship and Thor was like, I wish I could trust you.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
thats for one day :banderas:
Friday Box Office Analysis
By David Mumpower
November 9, 2013
friday110913.jpg

Early November weekends rarely provide surprise box office winners. Instead, the only question to be resolved is the massiveness of 800-pound-gorilla debuting against much smaller competition. This weekend was the latest example.

Iron Man 3 was technically the first post-Avengers project from the super-team of Disney and Marvel. That movie’s main character already had a box office track record. The situation with Thor is slightly different in that its pre-Avengers debut was like something of a first date, an awkward introductory phase wherein movie goers met the abs-licious demi-god with a penchant for smashing things with his hammer. By the time Thor took audiences on the second date, they were well aware of his daddy issues, his conflict with his nerdy brother, and his willingness to go toe to toe with a gamma-poisoned, not-so-jolly green giant. So global audiences are primed and ready for heavy doses of Mjolnir. We are now up to the third date with Thor, and we all know what is expected on the third date.

Thor: The Dark World entered a marketplace whose reigning number one film, Ender’s Game, grossed a whopping $1.25 million on Thursday. The Thor sequel grossed $7.1 million simply from post-8 p.m. showings on the same day. Despite The Dark World technically being a Friday debut, it grossed as much on Thursday as the rest of the top ten combined. Ergo, the subject up for discussion this weekend is not whether Thor 2 will win the weekend but instead how much it will gross domestically and globally. The answer, as expected, is a whole, whole lot.

A gross of $31.5 million on Friday indicates that Thor grossed 50% more than the rest of the top ten in combination. Audiences were in fact ready to go all the way on the third date, albeit with some caveats. Removing Thursday’s total from the Friday revenue, The Dark World grossed $24.4 million on its first day of release, an increase of 10% from the 2011 predecessor’s $22.2 million. The primary difference in Friday box office is that Thor earned a respectable $3.2 million from Thursday revenue, meaning that The Dark World was $3.9 million better Thursday to Thursday. It was also $2.2 million better comparing Fridays.

The Dark World winds up exceeding the first Thor movie’s first day total by $6.2 million (there is some rounding involved) or 24%. How does that total compare to Iron Man? As always, Tony Stark is just better than everyone else. The third Iron Man movie spiked $46 million or 38.9% from Iron Man 2. So a rising tide has lifted all boats as expected, but Thor only received about 60% of the bump that Iron Man did. This is not a surprising turn of events.

Box office analysts, fanboys and even ordinary movie lovers have been debating the future movie prospects of Thor and Captain America since The Avengers changed the game in 2012. What is inarguable now is that any character involved with that movie is a more valuable and marketable commodity than was the case prior to 2012. The only debate is in the degree of the newly enhanced profile. Thor has done extremely well in this regard.

Consider that Thor was largely an unknown character prior to 2011. His primary usage in movies up until then was a joking homage character in a 1980s movie called Adventures in Babysitting. Outside of that, only fans of Marvel comics and/or Norse mythology were even marginally aware of him. Fast forward only two years and Thor is now capable of an $82.4 million opening weekend in North America.

Globally, the character of Thor is even hotter. The Dark World has already grossed over $150 million overseas, which means its worldwide take will be close to $200 million after only three days in domestic release. The first Thor movie grossed $449 million during its entire release. Simply stated, Thor has flexed his box office muscle in nearly historic fashion. The character will have gone from virtual unknown to claiming over a billion in global box office in three calendar years. That number spikes to $2.5 billion if we choose to include The Avengers.

In terms of what to expect from here, The Dark World claimed an A- Cinemascore, which is only slightly worse than the A that Iron Man 3 earned in May. Thor 2 also has received generally positive reviews, as it is 66% fresh at Rotten Tomatoes. The movie should run strong through Thanksgiving, and the character will remain a dominant toy this holiday season. Everything about the release of Thor: The Dark World is another huge win for Disney/Marvel.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
it was a good 8/10 film :ehh:...the last two fights were dope as fuk too....when is jane foster gon get the bushes treatment for sith tho :beli:....sith over there looking xtra bad, scrappin along thor just waiting for the D :shaq:....oh and also i didnt feel like there were too many jokes in the movie like OP said, there was just as many in the first and all the iron man movies :ld:....the only corny one imo were all from kat dennings but she got them titty meats so i'll let it slide :obama:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
All this says to me is that there is absolutely, positively, ZERO EXCUSE to not make a full scale Black Panther movie. Nobody outside of the comic book world knew who the fukk Thor or Loki was before the first movie and now the sequel is breaking sales records and surprising all analysts. What's the excuse for T'Challa? Wakanda is too hard to do? Asgard is a goddamn outer-planetary KINGDOM ruled by Gods.

Cut the bullshyt Marvel, gives us a Black Panther movie

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
All this says to me is that there is absolutely, positively, ZERO EXCUSE to not make a full scale Black Panther movie. Nobody outside of the comic book world knew who the fukk Thor or Loki was before the first movie and now the sequel is breaking sales records and surprising all analysts. What's the excuse for T'Challa? Wakanda is too hard to do? Asgard is a goddamn outer-planetary KINGDOM ruled by Gods.

Cut the bullshyt Marvel, gives us a Black Panther movie
its coming phase 3 breh.....wont be til prolly 2017 :sadbron: