Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
My honest opinion.

Movie started out slow but it got better in a hurry. Definate better than the first. My MAIN complaint. At this point when Thor comes to earth how can SHIELD be involved in a threat like that? It just seems like they needed a way to shoot footage on earth which is dumb when you don't include the avengers. Movie would've been better had it not been shot on earth and honestly Thor's love interest with Portman basically makes part of the storyline cheesy and out of place.

The way I see it, the final battle from a earth perspective.... Took place I'm like 20 mins. On top of that, the enemy appeared with no warning or prep. Now even though SHIELD spose to be everywhere to a degree... For the most part it's satellite teams, the main ship be in other countries.

Unless they were already in the UK, I think it would've been crazy and kinda cheeses if they just popped up in 10 from another continent!!

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Movie was solid, but not as good as the first (which I thought was nearly flawless). The incessant wise cracks were definitely a negative and detracted from the movie as a whole.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I feel like the humor in this helped it chug along nicely. It was kinda Whedony honestly, though usually not as smart. The thing with the coathanger though for some reason had me rollin and it was so simple. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, though. shyt all over Iron Man 3...and Iron Man 2. Better than the first Thor, IMO.

I feel like the Malekith dude was pretty fukking creepy when he got used, but he was underused a bit. His second in command dude was fukkING. shyt. UP. Good GAWD that nikka didn't play :whew:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The way I see it, the final battle from a earth perspective.... Took place I'm like 20 mins. On top of that, the enemy appeared with no warning or prep. Now even though SHIELD spose to be everywhere to a degree... For the most part it's satellite teams, the main ship be in other countries.

Unless they were already in the UK, I think it would've been crazy and kinda cheeses if they just popped up in 10 from another continent!!

I would've thought they would've kept tabs on Portman and that old guy. But again I think portman's role is useless and she's simply there for the obligatory love interest. And the fact that she found the aether before shield was :mindblown:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
'Thor: The Dark World' Roars to $7.1M at Thursday Box Office

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I would've thought they would've kept tabs on Portman and that old guy. But again I think portman's role is useless and she's simply there for the obligatory love interest. And the fact that she found the aether before shield was :mindblown:

Her finding the aether to me was consistent of everything so far found in this universe. I mean really, what has SHIELD ever found 1st?

Some rednecks found the hammer, guys on a boat found Cap, and per the tv show so many other peeps found so much other shyt way before SHIELD!!

They just normally come in last minute and take shyt over.

To me, everything earth timeline wise took place in a day.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It was cool and quite enjoyable. Personally Im not able to really take Thor seriously for too long so the humor was actually kinda funny most of the time. A few good bits were:

Loki mocking Captain America had the theater rolling, and Thor hanging up his hammer on the coat rack, the Selvig quirky bits were fun etc

So long as you don't take it seriously, I think its much better than the first and MUCH better than IM3

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was a decent watch, Tom Hiddleston was great as Loki again, the humor was ok and did not feel forced.

So far Marvel Phase 2 has not shown me anything outstanding so far