Thor: The Dark World discussion thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
to u....man of steel made avengers look that much more enjoyable to me cuz the first half of MoS is depressing as fuk.....still havent watched it again cuz the beginning so depressing

Maybe he meant action wise? He might have a point if we're talking strictly action

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I went in without having seen any trailers or read anything about it prior on purpose. This movie was HELLA dope. Solid cast. I liked the fact that there were all those funny moments, didn't feel like it took away from the drama at all :manny:. You can tell Avengers helped open up the budget for this movie too.
And Loki steals the show :demonic:
:snoop: at 90% of arcadium not understanding how to apply this term

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
I will put it like this, how the fukk could loki have stole the show when a large contingent of moviegoers are going to see dark world because of him?

steal the show/scene
› to be the most popular or the best part of an event or situation

steal the show
to get all the attention and praise at an event or performance

A main character can "steal the show" :beli:. Hulk "stole the show" in Avengers, Joker "stole the show in Dark Knight".

Get your smart dumbass outta here :camby:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
steal the show/scene
› to be the most popular or the best part of an event or situation

steal the show
to get all the attention and praise at an event or performance

A main character can "steal the show" :beli:. Hulk "stole the show" in Avengers, Joker "stole the show in Dark Knight".
this illustrates my point fully, the movie basically revolved around his actions/games and the reverberations that came with it. He had the stage and the dialogue to boot whilst batman was just brooding and deferring to alfred like a bytch. You cant steal the show when there is high demand and it is written for the character to shine

Do you think wesley snipes "stole" the show in demolition man too? :mjpls: when both actors were at the same level of popularity, on paper simon phoenix is a dynamic charismatic riot.Whereas john spartan, the archetypical hero that has all the charisma of a block of wood.

You can cite all the definitions you want but it doesnt apply here :stopitslime:

Last edited:

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
this illustrates my point fully, the movie basically revolved around his actions/games and the reverberations that came with it. He had the stage and the dialogue to boot whilst batman was just brooding and deferring to alfred like a bytch. You cant steal the show when it is written that you are to shine

its like saying wesley snipes "stole" the show in demolition man when on paper simon phoenix is a dynamic charismatic riot whereas john spartan, archetypical hero that has all the charisma of a block of wood. You can cite all the definitions you want but it doesnt apply here :stopitslime:

But all these guys you mentionned did steal the show in their respective movies. They just did. It doesn't necessarily have to be a minor character that has a few lines. "Stealing the show" has nothing to do with the level of importance of the character. We're all aware that Loki is a big piece of the plot. Doesn't mean he can't steal the show, according to those definitions I gave you. Your point is basically that he was written to steal the show. Well he did. That's all I said.
You're just reaching for an argument :manny: