This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
In recent years, I'd have just gone with the bruce wayne route with T'Challa and, with his kingship still in tact, made him an expatriot of sorts overseeing a subsidiary of his multi billion dollar distribution company, particularly one being headquarted in NYC and specializing in the arrival/trading of Wakanda goods... hence giving an opening for the whole whether to sell Vibranium debate.

that gives him the opportunity to beef with someone like tony stark (who would be a main advocator of wakanda sharing their vibranium for the greater good) without making it be a race thing... as well as give him an actual reason to stay in NYC (the mecca of superheroes) as an international business man and interact with all the different heroes and villains. Some of the humor can come from having subtle "coming to america" type moments given his different cultural upbringings. The Wakandan moments could be flashbacks as a child with his pops dropping knowledge and/or them showcasing the panther tribal ritual/indocrination

Whether in his own movie (my preference) or as part of another (most likely an Iron Man film), that's how I feel would be best to have incorporated T'Challa.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Who said that you would?

I wasn't referring to the fact that they use CG...I was referring to the fact that the movies themselves rely exclusively upon it. They are just spectacles. A plothole or two away from a Michael Bay movie (Ironman 2 was close...).

Hulk 1 tried to do something different I guess (Was that Marvel Studio's?), but aside from that...these movies are charmless. And it's because of the over-reliance on CG. It's clear when watching these movies that there is little to no creative drive behind them. The fact that they have some penny saving Jew behind them actually makes a lot of sense.

IMO Iron Man 1, Captain America, and The Avengers were good adaptations of the comic. Thats all most fans want. We dont need some Masterpiece Theater level writing in order to enjoy Iron Man and Captain America going out there and kicking ass. If you prefer that realistic gritty style of comic movie then these Marvel movies just arent made for you.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I know this is a little off topic, but It always bothered me how they had Wakandans going to war in tribal gear and with futuristic tech at the same time. I mean its 2012 and you seeing dudes wearing war paint armed with spears running side by side with dudes with state of the art body armor and laser guns. I used to always scratch my head over this as a kid reading the comics and I'm still doing it now after watching the cartoon.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Essential Black Panther Part Two @ Comics Bulletin
With this series, they set up the fact that it was going to be the Black Panther in Wakanda. But then it was an all black cast of characters and I would get called into the office all the time and told, "You need to get white people in here, where's the white people?" And I said, "This is a hidden African nation, you guys set up the idea of it, where are all these white people supposed to come from?" When I did "Panther vs. the Klan", all hell broke loose. I was actually in the office one time and very upset, I said, "For two years you people have been bugging me for white people. Finally I added some. There's no satisfying you people."
:smh: Marvel been on that bullshyt

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this is a little off topic, but It always bothered me how they had Wakandans going to war in tribal gear and with futuristic tech at the same time. I mean its 2012 and you seeing dudes wearing war paint armed with spears running side by side with dudes with state of the art body armor and laser guns. I used to always scratch my head over this as a kid reading the comics and I'm still doing it now after watching the cartoon.
They were never conquered by the europeans so they weren't influenced by euro fashion.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly. they're in the money making business. unless they got Will Smith to star nobody would check for it really.

You can't say that for certain. If the movie is good and the trailer is put together nicely then people will check it out.