This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
thor 2 isn't that far around the corner, plus there's better actors.

Chiwetel%20Ejiofor%20Black%20Panther.png

i don't like dude as an actor like that at all.

elba is the IT guy for this franchise.

he was already in ghostrider, and thor.

cot dammit, he can be black panther, too...

art barr

Conz

Superstar
Daps
thor 2 isn't that far around the corner, plus there's better actors.

Chiwetel%20Ejiofor%20Black%20Panther.png

no one is flocking to a movie that stars Chewytail Echofour or whatever the fukk his name is, no matter how cool the character looks.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no one is flocking to a movie that stars Chewytail Echofour or whatever the fukk his name is, no matter how cool the character looks.
A superhero movie is only as strong as its lead actors. One of the reasons films like Ghost Rider, Green Lantern, and Daredevil faltered is that they didn't find the right actors to portray their respective heroes.
This hasn't really been a problem for Marvel Studios so far, and we hope they can keep the trend going when they introduce Black Panther. The key is not to select an actor because of their star power, but because they can embody the traits of Black Panther. The movie needs a star with athletic prowess and a commanding presence. The actor doesn't necessarily need to be a native of Africa, but they do need to be able to convince viewers that they're the monarch of a foreign country with only limited exposure to the Western world (not Will Smith, in other words). They have to be able to fit into the larger Avengers dynamic without overshadowing or being overshadowed by the other actors.
Marvel wasn't afraid to hinge Thor on a relatively unknown actor, and maybe the same approach would work best for Black Panther. Idris Elba strikes us as the right sort of actor who could do justice to the role. Unfortunately, the fact that Elba was already cast as Heimdall in the Thor movie probably eliminates him from the running (but you never know).
Two names often connected to the project have been Djimon Hounsou (Gladiator) and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbage (Lost). Hounsou even has prior experience given that he voiced Panther in the short-lived animated series. On the other hand, both actors may be too old at this point to be signing a multi-picture superhero contract.
Two other options are Chiwetel Ejiofor (Redbelt) and David Oyelowo (Red Tails). Ejiofor has ample martial arts experience in addition to acting talent. Meanwhile, Oyelowo's distinctive voice could provide Panther with the commanding screen presence he needs. Other suitable picks from the TV realm include Nonso Anozie (Game of Thrones) and Chadwick Boseman (Fringe).

Peep this article out about Ejiofer.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Panther is one of the best characters in the Avenger squad. People will watch it if pushed right. Have Cap or Tony cameo in it, shyt like that.

smh.

I still think Panther will be introduced when building up to A3 because he is the last one to join the team.

SKY DADDY

Religion INC.
Daps
Reppin
I am
i don't like dude as an actor like that at all.

elba is the IT guy for this franchise.

he was already in ghostrider, and thor.

cot dammit, he can be black panther, too...

art barr

i think u kinda under sellin this nikkaz actin chops right now, he aint no a-lister but he CAN act, plus the character he played in serenity has alot in common with t'challas's demeanor if he were 2 be portrayed on the big screen. the way black panther should be written as far as character wise would be a more regal version of chiwetel's "stoic" assassin in serenity, cuz lets face it t'challas whole gig is like bein a super stoic warrior/king/scientist. i think the homie more than demonstrated he's capable of EFFECTIVELY pulling the role off, they'd just have 2 add in the extra elements, of course he'd have 2 get yoked 2 up tho. from a business standpoint i can understand u, but marvel could pull it off if they REALLY wanted 2, chiwetel would just have 2 put his gameface on and genuinely command & sell his performance , and if marvel really backs the film and puts it in capable hands with stellar writers the movie could do its numberz. but im already knowin gettin the flick in2 production is an uphill battle anyway, they know if written properly t'challa would make the others heroes look like lames, like how batz be sonnin his teammates on the humble, which if i remember correctly panther been sonnin nikkaz longer than batz has. alotta cacs aint ready 4 that........:pachaha:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

i'd rather the movie flop, with a good actor who i believe fits the role

over picking a bigger name, who's already in two other marvel movies. there's thousands of actors, why are you guys so quick to want to see the same few faces reprise different roles.

:snoop: and im still salty over captain america

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
i think u kinda under sellin this nikkaz actin chops right now, he aint no a-lister but he CAN act, plus the character he played in serenity has alot in common with t'challas's demeanor if he were 2 be portrayed on the big screen. the way black panther should be written as far as character wise would be a more regal version of chiwetel's "stoic" assassin in serenity, cuz lets face it t'challas whole gig is like bein a super stoic warrior/king/scientist. i think the homie more than demonstrated he's capable of EFFECTIVELY pulling the role off, they'd just have 2 add in the extra elements, of course he'd have 2 get yoked 2 up tho. from a business standpoint i can understand u, but marvel could pull it off if they REALLY wanted 2, chiwetel would just have 2 put his gameface on and genuinely command & sell his performance , and if marvel really backs the film and puts it in capable hands with stellar writers the movie could do its numberz. but im already knowin gettin the flick in2 production is an uphill battle anyway, they know if written properly t'challa would make the others heroes look like lames, like how batz be sonnin his teammates on the humble, which if i remember correctly panther been sonnin nikkaz longer than batz has. alotta cacs aint ready 4 that........:pachaha:

quite simply,....

i think he sucks as an actor.

i don't like the dude and if they want it to flop.

plus set black action heroes back ten fold, as a draw.

he would be the one in this role to do it.

him playing the black panther makes it as corny as the black mantis.

duke would suck like this shyt did:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2qVBv0yi0][CULT TV] M.A.N.T.I.S. INTRO - YouTube[/ame]

art barr

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
With that info and the Luke Cage's old character, you really doubt that? DC has the "good boy, old boy" with their characters (like dikkriding Hal Jordan and leaving out John Stewart), but Marvel makes me :ohhh: with withholding a Black Panther exposure to the masses.

What? Before the Green Lantern movie, John Stewart was pretty much the featured GL on all the shows and what not.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Doctore(Onamaeus) from Spartacus Needs to be T'challah :ahh:

African, has a commanding presence and speaks english! :krs: