This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I see a "Black Panther" movie working if they make him an Avenger first, and establish him that way.

No that would be stupid without any background about the character

In the Avengers movie the only character had development was Ironman adding a new character like that would be pointless

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No that would be stupid without any background about the character

In the Avengers movie the only character had development was Ironman adding a new character like that would be pointless

They can find a way to establish his background throughout the film, and he becomes an Avenger at the end. I sadly don't think a black lead will work without said character being established with other heroes first.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
They can find a way to establish his background throughout the film, and he becomes an Avenger at the end. I sadly don't think a black lead will work without said character being established with other heroes first.

I believe it would work if it has a great script

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Marvel r fakkits for making a Guardians of the Galaxy before Black Panther like who gives a fukk about the wack ass Guardians of the Galaxy

Daps
Soooooo because Red Tails didn't do major numbers, they wouldn't make a black super hero movie?

SHUT THE fukk UP BRUH :birdman:

60% of Hollywood's revenues come from overseas. Sure, the film may do well in North America, but it probably wouldn't be a hit in China, Russia, India and other Key, non-western, markets.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disney And Marvel Do Damage Control After Media Scrutiny Of Big Boss Ike Perlmutter

Add that to the stupid comments from Marvel co-president Louis D'Esposito said the main reason they weren't doing a Black Panther movie was due to the difficulty involved in creating a fictional country like Wakanda right before announcing that they were doing Guardians of the Galaxy movie which is likely to almost entirely be set on alien planets and it starts to look bad.

:pacspit:

Blade was an anomaly that happened at the exact right time with the perfect action star for the role. There isn't a single black ACTION star that can hold down his own major movie and generate top dollars. Michael Jai White is the only one that comes close but he's not worldwide status. Denzel has done action but I don't know if he can do Black Panther type action. The one thing working for them is he wears a mask and CGI.
Blade is not only a classic to me, but a landmark in the history of Black Sci-Fi projects. Do you know Blade was Marvel's first successful comic film after the flops of Steel and Batman & Robin (I l kind I like the cheesiness, though). Blade proved that a comic movie backed by a black actor could be successful. Then, again that was the 90s.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it would be rather easy to write in black panther.

you could list wakanda as the source for vibranium used to possibly build ultron.

that fails, before ultron is created.

plus it could show the origins.

entailing past failed super soldier serum experiments.

that failed trying to emulate the famed of the spirit of wakanda's the black panther.

plus the origin of cap's shield. as the only salvageable thing from the failed mission.

to synthesize the super soldier serum using the original bp as a template.

black panther, antman and iron man need to be in the avengers if it goes further.

as you can have no avengers without ultron.

plus if they have vision then they can have black panther.

as you need the collective intelligence in unison of bp, antman and iron man.

to combat ultron's desire and cunning use of intel and ai.

so bp will have to be introduced. bp could he introduced for an avengers/xmen crossover as well. as i think wolvie was in wakanda in the origin movie if i remember right.

so, you could cite box office draw receipts for the wolvie orgin.

to justify, why it is a good choice for a marvel movie.

imo, idris elba should be the guy used for black panther.

the avengers are not traveling to asgard in the movies anytime, soon.

art barr

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Blade is not only a classic to me, but a landmark in the history of Black Sci-Fi projects. Do you know Blade was Marvel's first successful comic film after the flops of Steel and Batman & Robin (I l kind I like the cheesiness, though). Blade proved that a comic movie backed by a black actor could be successful. Then, again that was the 90s.

:dwillhuh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

blade is the most important movie franchise in marvel's company history.

as blade kept it afloat long enough. to actually become a cinema juggernaut.

the disrespect they showed wesley. after singlehandidly saving their compnay was criminal.

art barr

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

the disrespect they showed wesley. after singlehandidly saving their compnay was criminal.

art barr

You right but it was more New Line Cinema/Time Warner that owned the movie rights to Blade. Since Marvel sold some of their properties to other studios since they were in bad financial troubles back in the 90's. Marvel just finally got the Blade movie rights back recently.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

art barr

Marvel wasnt in charge of Blade, New Line Cinema was. They sold the rights to Blade to a third party like they did with Spiderman, X-Men, and Fantastic 4.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it would be rather easy to write in black panther.

you could list wakanda as the source for vibranium used to possibly build ultron.

that fails, before ultron is created.

plus it could show the origins.

entailing past failed super soldier serum experiments.

that failed trying to emulate the famed of the spirit of wakanda's the black panther.

plus the origin of cap's shield. as the only salvageable thing from the failed mission.

to synthesize the super soldier serum using the original bp as a template.

black panther, antman and iron man need to be in the avengers if it goes further.

as you can have no avengers without ultron.

plus if they have vision then they can have black panther.

as you need the collective intelligence in unison of bp, antman and iron man.

to combat ultron's desire and cunning use of intel and ai.

so bp will have to be introduced. bp could he introduced for an avengers/xmen crossover as well. as i think wolvie was in wakanda in the origin movie if i remember right.

so, you could cite box office draw receipts for the wolvie orgin.

to justify, why it is a good choice for a marvel movie.

imo, idris elba should be the guy used for black panther.

the avengers are not traveling to asgard in the movies anytime, soon.

art barr

thor 2 isn't that far around the corner, plus there's better actors.

Chiwetel%20Ejiofor%20Black%20Panther.png

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Marvel wasnt in charge of Blade, New Line Cinema was. They sold the rights to Blade to a third party like they did with Spiderman, X-Men, and Fantastic 4.

i never disputed the license.

i talked about how marvel was pulled out of bankruptcy from blade.

when they were originally in danger of closing.

i know about the licenses of the franchise. it still was disrespectful of marvel, to not at least give more praise to snipes on their own.

in their own editor notes and to the actual braintrust through their comix.

i distinctlu remember snipes's ill treatment from marvel.

that was a big topic when blade did as well as it did.

as snipes was the one who pitched the idea, for blade in the first place.

art barr