This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
i never disputed the license.

i talked about how marvel was pulled out of bankruptcy from blade.

when they were originally in danger of closing.

i know about the licenses of the franchise. it still was disrespectful of marvel, to not at least give more praise to snipes on their own.

in their own editor notes and to the actual braintrust through their comix.

i distinctlu remember snipes's ill treatment from marvel.

that was a big topic when blade did as well as it did.

as snipes was the one who pitched the idea, for blade in the first place.

art barr

C/s been trying to tell heads Blade opened minds to the idea a comic book movie other than batman could pop. This is pre raimi spider-man too. Superman couldn't even get a movie made. In the studios defense i have read that Snipes was on full douche mode for all 3 flicks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

tr2k

All Star
Daps
They dont need the star to be big but the supporting cast might include some well known names

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:mindblown:

Have you seen 'Serenity', 'Children Of Men' or 'Dirty Pretty Things' fukkwit? How the fukk can you say he sucks as an actor?

i have seen serenity and i have also seen the moie where he plays a martial artist, th movie with denzel and others.

i do not like him as an actor and real talk. he would not draw as the black panther. he would alienate the audience.

he is not a draw like that.

art barr

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
As it's been mentioned numerous times.. The Blade franchise is proof that movie audiences, comic fans, white, black or whatever are much more open minded when it comes to minority actors taking lead roles than the studios and execs running the show.

And Blade is (or at least was) a 5 or 6th string Marvel character.

Daps
As it's been mentioned numerous times.. The Blade franchise is proof that movie audiences, comic fans, white, black or whatever are much more open minded when it comes to minority actors taking lead roles than the studios and execs running the show.

And Blade is (or at least was) a 5 or 6th string Marvel character.

In North America and Europe, sure people are open to that. But what about the Slavic region, Central Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Central America/Mexico and the middle east?

Those people aren't receptive to Black leads. The studios see the numbers. If it made money, they would do it.

Is North America really open to minority roles? You realize the biggest pop/R&B artists in East Asia starred in American films? Jay Choi as Kato and Rain in Ninja Assassin. Nobody even cared or even gave a rats ass about them in America. They really tried to break into American pop culture. They got their chance, and they were flops.

I'm sorry. Race matters. It's not the studios that determine this. It's the audience and key demographics that create these revenue streams. I wouldn't waste 200 million on a project with a minority star when I see Russians and other nationalities blatantly expressing their disgust with Black people. Dark skin is considered the epitome of ugly in China! You think they are going to watch a movie with black leads? Moreover, I especially wouldn't waste 40 Million on an Asian lead (male/female) when I see the two biggest pop stars in East Asia make zero impact in the United States, even with key movie roles.

Sure, I could understand if the world was limited to just the Western World with its tolerance and openness. But the Ultra racists of Russia and Asia are important markets, who contribute billions to Hollywood. They simply can't be ignored. there's too much money.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Im still surprised people in here dont know the difference between a black movie and a movie with a black lead.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Marvel r fakkits for making a Guardians of the Galaxy before Black Panther like who gives a fukk about the wack ass Guardians of the Galaxy

Yeah, you obviously dont know shyt about the Guardians then. After reading all the Cosmic Marvel comics of recent years, the squad that they put together for that movie is going to be fukking sick. Like, I don't see any way this movie will be wack. Even fukking Rocket Racc00n is a bad motherfukker. Even the fukking Tree is a bad motherfukker.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
i have seen serenity and i have also seen the moie where he plays a martial artist, th movie with denzel and others.

i do not like him as an actor and real talk. he would not draw as the black panther. he would alienate the audience.

he is not a draw like that.

art barr

...so are you going to explain how he 'sucks' as an actor or what...? :birdman:

Because you are the first person I've come across that has criticised his ability to act.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
...so are you going to explain how he 'sucks' as an actor or what...? :birdman:

Because you are the first person I've come across that has criticised his ability to act.

in an action role,...
he is not believeable like that.
he was awful in that martial arts movie and the character was written well.
he lacks the umphh,...need to get across being a believeable action star.
he works somewhat as a supporting cast guy in a covert military op's role in action and that is where it stops.
just like terrence howard or don cheadle were not necessarily believeable in iron man.
or jaime foxx as a fighter pilot in stealth.
or marlon wayan as ripcord in the first gi joe.
it was good they got a pay day.
they are all great skilled dramatic actors, even marlon.
yet as the lead,...just like him being cast as bp.

same as what if michael keaton did not have tim burton on batman.

when it comes to believeability of certain roles and factors, it does not work.

art barr

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
in an action role,...
he is not believeable like that.
he lacks the umphh,...need to get across being a believeable action star.
he works somewhat as a supporting cast guy in a covert military op's role in action and that is where it stops.
just like terrence howard or don cheadle were not necessarily believeable in iron man.
or jaime foxx as a fighter pilot in stealth.
or marlon wayan as ripcord in the first gi joe.
it was good they got a pay day.
they are all great skilled dramatic actors, even marlon.
yet as the lead,...just like him being cast as bp.

same as what if michael keaton did not have tim burton on batman.

when it comes to believeability of certain roles and factors, it does not work.

art barr

...you said he sucked as a actor... :shaq2: If you are saying he isn't fit for the lead only in this film then that is fine - maybe you are right, maybe you aren't - but he clearly is an excellent actor.

he was awful in that martial arts movie and the character was written well.

That film was (a) awful and (b) horribly horribly written...and he wasn't even bad in it.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In North America and Europe, sure people are open to that. But what about the Slavic region, Central Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Central America/Mexico and the middle east?

Those people aren't receptive to Black leads. The studios see the numbers. If it made money, they would do it.

Is North America really open to minority roles? You realize the biggest pop/R&B artists in East Asia starred in American films? Jay Choi as Kato and Rain in Ninja Assassin. Nobody even cared or even gave a rats ass about them in America. They really tried to break into American pop culture. They got their chance, and they were flops.

I'm sorry. Race matters. It's not the studios that determine this. It's the audience and key demographics that create these revenue streams. I wouldn't waste 200 million on a project with a minority star when I see Russians and other nationalities blatantly expressing their disgust with Black people. Dark skin is considered the epitome of ugly in China! You think they are going to watch a movie with black leads? Moreover, I especially wouldn't waste 40 Million on an Asian lead (male/female) when I see the two biggest pop stars in East Asia make zero impact in the United States, even with key movie roles.

Sure, I could understand if the world was limited to just the Western World with its tolerance and openness. But the Ultra racists of Russia and Asia are important markets, who contribute billions to Hollywood. They simply can't be ignored. there's too much money.

Will Smith is one of the top 12 highest grossing movie actors of all time, worldwide, if you go by number of highest grossing movies he has starred in. So is Morgan Freeman. There are always exceptions.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Disney And Marvel Do Damage Control After Media Scrutiny Of Big Boss Ike Perlmutter

Add that to the stupid comments from Marvel co-president Louis D'Esposito said the main reason they weren't doing a Black Panther movie was due to the difficulty involved in creating a fictional country like Wakanda right before announcing that they were doing Guardians of the Galaxy movie which is likely to almost entirely be set on alien planets and it starts to look bad.

:why::russ::martin::mjgrin::troll: