This would explain why Marvel isn't making a Black Panther movie

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'm glad you brought up that Blade shyt...what burns me in all of this is that Blade actually was one of the first "serious" comic book movies. Before Nolan. It doesn't get the credit it deserves. Came out in 98...mutha fukkas were still making movies like Batman and Robin and shyt. Wasn't until X-Men in 2000 did we see another comic adaptation that wasn't pure cheese.

Hell, Blade 2 is actually one of my top comic book movies. I'd definitely take it over most of the Marvel features (Which to me, are vanilla and plain jane as fukk). They fukked up Blade Trinity by adding all those fukking cacs. fukkin' Ryan Reynolds....:snoop:

Matter of fact, I know dudes be stannin' hard for em...but fukk Marvel anyways. Their entire shyt is based off of CGI and that's it. I'll take Blade 1/2, Hellboy 1/2, X-Men 1/2/First Class, Burton Batman, Nolan Batman, Spiderman 1/2 over all their shyt. They are Green Lantern status for me.

fukk it, I'll probably watch Spawn again before I watch Avengers again. I mean that from the heart. I can't stand the manipulative Hollywood blockbuster horseshyt...at least Spawn is fukking campy. I'm venting now but I honestly can't stand this charmless shyt we're getting.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats a terrible justification. thats like saying "well black panther isnt about the black character as much as its about the leader and ruler of a country and his efforts to keep the peace and to continue fukking halle barry"

can you imagine trying to sell blade before the movies? dudes character was near non-existent, alot of blades personality and so-called "cool factor" was ret-conned after the movie.

its not. a terrible reflection of consumer climate and hollywood cowardice. maybe. but at the end of the day, blade is a vampire movie. look at the success rate there. before and after blade.

black panther is very much a movie about black excellence. opulence. decadence. invade our country and we'll murder all u CaCs.

oh, and i'm also smarter than ur iron man. just as strong as ur captain america too. eat a dikk.

not saying it cant be done. it can. but the precedent for selling that type of story, centered on a black character, unfortunately, is smaller. in recent history, the best recent comparison imo is 300.

we support bullshyt madea flicks instead of the movies that would justify this flick being greenlit in an eye-blink.

guardians? again, it's just a star wars knockoff if u want it to be. and even blatant star wars knockoffs make bank when they're done well.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great point about Ryan Reynolds. This dude messed up the third Blade, Green Lantern, sucked in the Wolverine movie, and they just keep shoving him in movies. Dude can be an ok actor in some movies but they just write the characters as too goofy when he's cast.

Blade and Spawn paved the way for legitimate comic movies and now they're saying BP wouldn't bank. shyts like hip hop. Once it gets big, shove the colored folks aside. Switching Howard and Cheadle just underscores that point. And that's why a smart, independent, DEFIANT, kick ass character like BP wouldn't make it.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'm glad you brought up that Blade shyt...what burns me in all of this is that Blade actually was one of the first "serious" comic book movies. Before Nolan. It doesn't get the credit it deserves. Came out in 98...mutha fukkas were still making movies like Batman and Robin and shyt. Wasn't until X-Men in 2000 did we see another comic adaptation that wasn't pure cheese.

Hell, Blade 2 is actually one of my top comic book movies. I'd definitely take it over most of the Marvel features (Which to me, are vanilla and plain jane as fukk). They fukked up Blade Trinity by adding all those fukking cacs. fukkin' Ryan Reynolds....:snoop:

Matter of fact, I know dudes be stannin' hard for em...but fukk Marvel anyways. Their entire shyt is based off of CGI and that's it. I'll take Blade 1/2, Hellboy 1/2, X-Men 1/2/First Class, Burton Batman, Nolan Batman, Spiderman 1/2 over all their shyt. They are Green Lantern status for me.

fukk it, I'll probably watch Spawn again before I watch Avengers again. I mean that from the heart. I can't stand the manipulative Hollywood blockbuster horseshyt...at least Spawn is fukking campy. I'm venting now but I honestly can't stand this charmless shyt we're getting.

Exactly how do you depict the Hulk, Thor, or Iron Man without liberal use of CGI?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Let's be honest. The main reason why they don't want to do a Black Panther movie is because the character's name would scare a lot of white folks away.

Hollywood doesn't care about the true comic book fans. They only care about what's going to make the most money. I wish Marvel would grow some balls and at least have Black Panther to make an appearance in one of these upcoming movies.

U right from a marketing standpoint The Black Panther would be a challenge/nightmare for the reasons u stated. Props

teacher

All Star
Daps

:wtf:

Batman 89>>>nolan batman

:umad:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
this. believe it or not, it's easier to sell a batshyt crazy guardians of the galaxy movie, with wacked out, russian-speaking telepathic dogs, sentient trees and badass alien bytches with 40DD's and 40cal's then it will be to sell black panther.

at worst, guardians comes off as a star wars knockoff.

black panther? :yeshrug:

their best bet is to intro him on some ninja gaiden-meets-the hulk-meets captain america shyt in a sequel, get everybody going crazy, and then roll him out. his story is too ambitious to drop him on some standalone shyt out the gate. get ppl invested, rather than assume they'll care because of how great his story is.

Wait...Is Cosmo gonna be in GotU??? :gladbron:

And yeah they could pretty much just introduce him like they did in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
At least do the animated movie..he's such a great character when written correctly. Dudes need to look up that Fantastic Four episode from the 90s when he outsmarted Reed and punked out the FF for half the episode. That was along the right lines.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Let's be honest. The main reason why they don't want to do a Black Panther movie is because the character's name would scare a lot of white folks away.

Hollywood doesn't care about the true comic book fans. They only care about what's going to make the most money. I wish Marvel would grow some balls and at least have Black Panther to make an appearance in one of these upcoming movies.

Yup. Even though the character has nothing to do with the real Black Panthers or the clowns who call themselves the New Black Panther Party, a lot of white people will conjure up this image in their minds if they made the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
the fact that they're even entertaining the idea makes me wish Bridesmaids never came out. there have been maybe 3 classic female action heroes... Sarah Connor, Ripley and?? It's a terrible genre. Women aren't action stars, don't try to make them action stars.

Geena Davis was pretty good as Charli Baltimore in Long Kiss Good Night. So was Zoe Saldana in Colombiana. Uma Thurmann in Kill Bill. There's a bit of femme fatales types out there to make that movie work.