This story should be front page news - FEDS going after Rent Price Fixers

NoCones

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
they manage my apartments... in Oklahoma of all places!

dirty motherfukkers!!!

ive lived here over five years and they dont fix a damn thing... but they raise my rent 60-80 dollars every time i resign the lease

tempted to do a glock dookie through the management buildings mailslot or something. i need some payback
When we starting the class action lawsuit, breh? :francis:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Bankrupt those motherfukkers :camby:

This is why I refuse to rent, fukk them corporations!

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This is highly illegal. What took so long

Real Page started in 1998, and "YieldStar" the program in question was acquired in 2002, according to my quick research.

22 years of collusion.
22 years of big landlords (and probably some small ones) arbitrarily keeping prices high and keeping units off the market.

How much extra rent have people been paying over that 20+ years?
What's the interest?
What are the damages?

And now that the "cat is out of the bag" - what is to stop this from happening again?

Or is Real Page just gonna declare bankruptcy and the corporate landlords keep their profits (and gains on those profits) from the past 20 years?

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
At a glance it seems like some random company that is screwing over some random people in another city, but you can put your zip code into their website and see what buildings they own near you:

fukkers manage a spot a block from me, and about 20 buildings throughout my neighborhood :snoop:

Edit: @SnugglesDaBear you might wanna drop the link in the first post so people can check their zip code
These Mfers all around me...:damn::pacspit:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
My landlord just contacted me saying my rent is going up 75 bucks. Not too crazy though and she's a good landlord.

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
wow the country finally doing something for its owns citizens.
Not really. Its because we just got nerly 4 million new people and there's no where to put them. When black folks couldnt afford the housing no one cared, but now that new arrivals need housing theyre fixing the problem. Its simple.